If wrestlers make the best mma fighters

tbh
You have to be either beautiful or on top. UFC had absolutely ugly female champs before earn good money.
To earn good money as a dude in the UFC you need to be on top too and that's a lot easier said there done.
Imagine the amount of technical advantage you would have to beat say Yoel Rommero.
i dont blame them i dont think its fair for women to make as much as men for one women on average make it to ufc in half the time as most men due to lack of competition they arnt near as skilled as men on the average most women i see turning pro in 2 -3years when men on average 4-7 years training . same reason womens nba players dont make near what men do

really

really? maybe im thinking of average wrestling coaches then? read somewhere where they were makin around 36-50k
Maybe for high school? Average for all divisions of college is probably 50+ average for D1 I'd imagine is 100k

Maybe for high school? Average for all divisions of college is probably 50+ average for D1 I'd imagine is 100k
dont college coaches also have to teach a course in college lie how coaches in sports in h usually teach an elective class

dont college coaches also have to teach a course in college lie how coaches in sports in h usually teach an elective class
No. Nothing alike. College coaches actually make money for coaching. High school coaches usually don't even get paid. It just happens that a lot of people who gravitate towards coaching end up being teachers too, but usually if they teach and coach the two positions are separate and they aren't teaching so they can coach.

No. Nothing alike. College coaches actually make money for coaching. High school coaches usually don't even get paid. It just happens that a lot of people who gravitate towards coaching end up being teachers too, but usually if they teach and coach the two positions are separate and they aren't teaching so they can coach.
wth screw that id never coach hs for free i know for fact lots coaches get paid for hs though but its a law i guess if you are a hs coach you have to teach 1 subject as well usually a health class ect i bet being a wrestling coach and getting paid would be amazing

DC also won the Yarygin in Russia. Incredibly high level tournament.

do you think hw wrestling isnt near as deep as light weight classes? i now in most combat sports hw divisions usually are a bit more shallow compared to other classes for instance brock lesnar was the best hw d1 in cllege in 2000 and he wasnt very technical at all besides a few things he did

200+ weight classes will be competing with football, basketball, hockey, baseball, and et cetera, for talent.

Last edited:
wth screw that id never coach hs for free i know for fact lots coaches get paid for hs though but its a law i guess if you are a hs coach you have to teach 1 subject as well usually a health class ect i bet being a wrestling coach and getting paid would be amazing
Idk, might vary by state/county. Definitely not true where I'm from. Wrestling coaches here legit just love helping kids. My high school coach had a few kids live with him.

(Not a pedo, a hero.)

Idk, might vary by state/county. Definitely not true where I'm from. Wrestling coaches here legit just love helping kids. My high school coach had a few kids live with him.

(Not a pedo, a hero.)

thats cool surprised he didnt get fired they must really kept that on down lo

Another thing about coachong jobs. Champions are created every year, new coaching jobs at a high salary dont open up every year.

do you think hw wrestling isnt near as deep as light weight classes? i now in most combat sports hw divisions usually are a bit more shallow compared to other classes for instance brock lesnar was the best hw d1 in cllege in 2000 and he wasnt very technical at all besides a few things he did
Brock may not have been the slickest technician out there but overall he was a phenomenal wrestler. He was almost too strong and as a result he'd shoot through guys, lose control, or even get reversed. In college this can make one look rather bad. Brock is a guy who I feel would've improved drastically had he stuck with it and went freestyle. But to answer your question I think w HWs there is sometimes a bit less depth but overall I think wins are just as impressive.

Elite camps increase opportunities to make elite connections: the more elite ppl know you, the better, and they know other ppl from local, National elite and above this level too.
Some guys are very communicable and talented to make buddies and friends, ppl think about them that they are nice and trustable, good guys & nice to have them in their corwd.
Olympic medalists are created once in 4 years.
World Championship usually isn't in Olympic year, so these are created 3 times in 4 year cycle.
---
Plus these medalists ( even if get bronze ) not rarerly does have also some medals at Continental Level plus some medals in National level.
This list makes PR too more lucrative.
- Fighter too should be advertised and Usyk for example had medals ( not gold ) in Europe, then get gold in Europe and gold medal in World Championships, then….Olympic Gold.
# Despite assumptions that amateurs aren't worth it, he isn't well known etc, in european amateur and hobbyists circles he already was known.
# Sport services consumers: from journals and websites till sport equipment and gyms … there almost all market is ...hobbyists, different levels amateurs. Pro is relatively low percentage from all crowd.
-----
For a professional sport, there too a lot depends how they are able to advetise you, how many ppl does know you. What % from them will buy tickets and/ or ppvs not only discuss about you in free forums.
&
Small promotions too might pay not bad Money if they are able to sell expensive tables with your name usage. Business loves Money that comes in.
If you are well known only locally but there are ppl that will buy expensive places to watch you, business is happy.
It depends, will they discuss about you in internet or….really will come and pay for VIP places + consume expensive stuff.
-

Lmao at dropping a chance to win an olympic medal to go into mma

Btw grandfather was an olympian

Olympic and World champions (in Russia anyway) get generous gifts. Many world champions get luxury apartments, (or a horse if you're Sadulaev), nice cars and cash prizes.

Putin gave all Olympic medalists a luxury car.

They really don't need MMA.
Then they move on to lucrative political office.

It's the system. I'll speak to the US.

What Cejudo did was pretty rare in that he skipped college, went straight to Colorado Springs and ended up winning a gold at 21.

We've had other guys win World and Olympic golds young but most of those guys are either running a college season concurrently or fresh out of college. Most recently, Kyle Snyder won a World gold at 19 and an Olympic gold at 20 but still rattled off 3 NCAA championships and a second place in the meantime.

But most guys run the gamut of youth-HS-college and come out 23-24 y/o depending on redshirts. So you land smack dab at the beginning of your athletic prime when it's time to start the trial and error of making a national team. And you've already been doing this thing for 18-20 years.

We don't have a world team for Tokyo 2020 yet (6 weights), but 2019's world team, 10 weights, average age is 27. We may have a youngster take a spot this year, but by my bullshit predictions, the six guys that will represent the US average age may drop to 24/25 based on a couple of those weights (57, maybe 65, and maybe 125) going to college studs and less data points/weights.

All that stupid math above to prove my point: it's a sport that takes time to be really really good at. Olympic cycles are 4 years, so say a guy makes the team at 21 like Snyder did in 2016. He wins gold, decides fuck it, I'll do it again. He's 25 when he tries to do it again. He DNPs or gets bronze and says, fuck it, I'l do it again. Then he's 29 at the next cycle. And that's on the very very young side.

And a lot of guys do this same thing, "I'll do it again", starting later, never making a team but competing nationally until either they've burnt out, realized that they aren't good enough, or get injured and decide to hang it up. When the penultimate goal is Olympic gold, it's not like other ball sports or even combat sports. There's no real pro league, and the chance to climb that mountain only comes one every 4 years. You get old if that's the goal. And once old coaching or running camps is a lot less tenuous than learning how to parry jabs and defend heel hooks.

Last edited:
It's the system. I'll speak to the US.

What Cejudo did was pretty rare in that he skipped college, went straight to Colorado Springs and ended up winning a gold at 20.

We've had other guys win World and Olympic golds young but most of those guys are either running a college season concurrently or fresh out of college. Most recently, Kyle Snyder won a World gold at 19 and an Olympic gold at 21 but still rattled off 3 NCAA championships and a second place in the meantime.

But most guys run the gamut of youth-HS-college and come out 23-24 y/o depending on redshirts. So you land smack dab at the beginning of your athletic prime when it's time to start the trial and error of making a national team. And you've already been doing this thing for 18-20 years.

We don't have a world team for Tokyo 2020 yet (6 weights), but 2019's world team, 10 weights, average age is 27. We may have a youngster take a spot this year, but by my bullshit predictions, the six guys that will represent the US average age may drop to 24/25 based on a couple of those weights (57, maybe 65, and maybe 125) going to college studs and less data points/weights.

All that stupid math above to prove my point: it's a sport that takes time to be really really good at. Olympic cycles are 4 years, so say a guy makes the team at 21 like Snyder did in 2016. He wins gold, decides fuck it, I'll do it again. He's 25 when he tries to do it again. He DNPs or gets bronze and says, fuck it, I'l do it again. Then he's 29 at the next cycle. And that's on the very very young side.

And a lot of guys do this same thing, "I'll do it again", starting later, never making a team but competing nationally until either they've burnt out, realized that they aren't good enough, or get injured and decide to hang it up. When the penultimate goal is Olympic gold, it's not like other ball sports or even combat sports. There's no real pro league, and the chance to climb that mountain only comes one every 4 years. You get old if that's the goal. And once old coaching or running camps is a lot less tenuous than learning how to parry jabs and defend heel hooks.
not to dis on henry but isnt his division by far the weakest besides hw? not many men are his size so most of his competition would prob be from asia which arnt as high level as men on average correct?

not to dis on henry but isnt his division by far the weakest besides hw? not many men are his size so most of his competition would prob be from asia which arnt as high level as men on average correct?

Well the other placers were a japanese, russian, and Bulgarian. So i guess its pretty diverse.

Even in the states, what sports fit a 125lb man even if he is athletic? The other weight classes that are closer to the "athletic build" have to compete for atheletes against other sports.

I would say that fly is weakest, but he's no longer fly. Bantam is deep enough to be considered competitive. I would argue the technical skill level is higher than the heavier weights though, since KOs are harder to come by.

Back