If werdum goes go bellator

with this nice win, bet his contract price just way up. money fight for him

Was that the last fight on his contract?

He probably would love another go @Sleepa

Werdum has a couple of interesting fights in Bellator, I guess. Werdum vs Bader, Minakov, Fedor. However, Werdum would make big money in Japan, I think. NYE events against other legends and he would be making bank. Werdum vs Kharitonov, Hunt, Fedor, Barnett, etc (most rematches btw and he wins all of them too).
His big money fight would be the rematch vs Fedor, though. If you know anything about Coker, you know he will be salivating over the possibility of Fedor fighting a legit legend in Bellator.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

“I want to fight Fedor, a lot,” Werdum stated. “I respect him a lot, and I want to give him the chance to fight me again. This is history, me and him, (from our first fight) in 2010. Ten years later, everyone wants to see this fight. I don’t know where, but for sure I want to fight Fedor because I respect him, and in my mind, he’s the best in the world.”

Yup, he is already thinking of the Fedor rematch, he knows Coker will throw all his savings account into a legends fight headlining their events.

werdum hasn't looked great for a while... but fedor is chinny as hell now

with Fedor being in Russia and Covid and travel issues I dont think he's gonna fight Fedor anytime soon. And given Bellators HW div has nobody in it, doubt Bellator wants to do Bader/Kongo 2 he could slide right into a HW title fight vs Bader.

But if everything was normal I think they'd do Fedor fight first then give him a title shot if he beat Fedor.

Back