If Tyron signs to fight Wonderboy can we agree he's not a duck?

I don't think he is a duck, haven't checked for a cloaca though. He did order this at the Chinese restaraunt we went to
2015-02-08-09-01-09-1.jpg

fans are often dicks. and even worse, mind-blowingly thoughtless.

the UFC set up the system so that certain fights pay more than others. then fans complain when the fighters want the fights that pay more.

i challenge fans to be smarter than the average cup of water and put the blame where it belongs.

It's capitalism, mofo. And people are pissed because Tyron is in short supply and small demand.

all I want is fair matchmaking when it comes to title shots. If Woodley pushes for GSP next, that's ok. GSP is a huge name, possible GOAT, retired on a successful title defense (although he clearly lost). But when the guy starts pushing for Nick Diaz, says Wonderboy doesn't deserve it, it makes him a duck. If him being a duck has no interference in matchmaking and he still fights Wonderboy anyway, you can bet I'm not gonna be poking fun of Woodley.

all I want is fair matchmaking when it comes to title shots. If Woodley pushes for GSP next, that's ok. GSP is a huge name, possible GOAT, retired on a successful title defense (although he clearly lost). But when the guy starts pushing for Nick Diaz, says Wonderboy doesn't deserve it, it makes him a duck. If him being a duck has no interference in matchmaking and he still fights Wonderboy anyway, you can bet I'm not gonna be poking fun of Woodley.
Well said, totally agree.

I see the difference between ducking and being selective with who you'd like to fight.

He tried his best to avoid it.

Failed duck IMO

No, he still blatantly ducked the shit out of Lombard and Wonderboy. He's just being forced to fight.

Seriously, there hasn't been a more blatant duck in recent memory than Woodley ducking Thompson. At the very, VERY least, Bisping said he wouldn't mind fighting Jacare before accepting a fight with Hendo. Woodley just NOPED the shit out of Thompson immediately after he won
As it happened.
+1

Ty-Run also ducked whole division for 18 months whining like a baby until Dana gave him title fight. A fight he was undeserving of 18 months later since WW division moved on.

As it happened.
+1

Ty-Run also ducked whole division for 18 months whining like a baby until Dana gave him fight. A fight he was undeserving of 18 months later since WW division moved on.

Haven't seen "Ty-Run" before, that's fucking hilarious

Lol ya that's it, or maybe if something quacks, has a bill and webbed feet I call it a duck. If calling people a noob is how u debate a thought, u need rethink what ur doing here

What thought? You're not making any intelligent argument.

Noob

How much respect would you have if Lebron called out Jordan right now instead of Curry or Durant?

No, he still blatantly ducked the shit out of Lombard and Wonderboy. He's just being forced to fight.

Seriously, there hasn't been a more blatant duck in recent memory than Woodley ducking Thompson. At the very, VERY least, Bisping said he wouldn't mind fighting Jacare before accepting a fight with Hendo. Woodley just NOPED the shit out of Thompson immediately after he won

All that needs to be said.

Personally I don't hold it against him - or anyone who does the same - because the current landscape is setup this way. So long as the back office runs the org as an entertainment venue as opposed to a sports league with meaningful rankings and thoughtful seeding, this is how it will go.

Fighters have no advocacy and are generally treated as disposable, all but a few. In the current field you are crazy not to advocate for yourself, and try to book a money fight.

If Stipe had called out Fedor post-Maldobabo and argued neither Overeem nor Cain deserved a title-shot, would that not be a duck?

Nah, Woodley had a chance to take the Lawler route and gain some fans, but instead his plan failed and he lost whatever momentum he had popularity-wise. This after whining for a year about what he deserved and taking full credit for the Condit victory.

Possibly? Like I'm sure if Woodley really wanted to part of it he could avoid it but he might get called out on it. Most likely he'll sign on the dotted line... I honestly think the damage is done though. He openly campaigned against the clear number one contender in favour of semi retired dudes.

I believe he got more criticism than usual since Wonderboy is a clear-cut #1 contender, beating the #1 and #2 fighters at the time back-to-back.
AND he got his title shot by barely beating Gastelum and because Hendricks pulled out.

All in all, he didn't deserve his title shot, and now is trying to deny Thompson, who was the true contender, his shot.

But I don't blame him in trying to get some money

What thought? You're not making any intelligent argument.

Noob
Because there is no fixing stupid. I did state an opinion and all's u did was call me a noob, I pointed it out to you and this is ur response?!?! LMFAO keep ur post count up, better ask your mom if ur hot pockets are ready.

He is a duck, Dana made him fight Thompson, and he actually did duck Lombard.

Back