If Tyron signs to fight Wonderboy can we agree he's not a duck?

No, he still blatantly ducked the shit out of Lombard and Wonderboy. He's just being forced to fight.

Seriously, there hasn't been a more blatant duck in recent memory than Woodley ducking Thompson. At the very, VERY least, Bisping said he wouldn't mind fighting Jacare before accepting a fight with Hendo. Woodley just NOPED the shit out of Thompson immediately after he won
Meh, Bisping chose a 45 year old who is 3-6 in his last nine though. At least Woodley was calling out the WW GOAT. I would be scared of Wonderboy too lol.

No, we can't. I'll agree that he doesn't want to go down in history as one who can get stripped faster than Arianny in Lorenzo's office, though.

No, he still blatantly ducked the shit out of Lombard and Wonderboy. He's just being forced to fight.

Seriously, there hasn't been a more blatant duck in recent memory than Woodley ducking Thompson. At the very, VERY least, Bisping said he wouldn't mind fighting Jacare before accepting a fight with Hendo. Woodley just NOPED the shit out of Thompson immediately after he won
Gotta respect Woodley for turning Thompson down to his face. It also takes some courage to actually not hide his ducking.

Meh, Bisping chose a 45 year old who is 3-6 in his last nine though. At least Woodley was calling out the WW GOAT. I would be scared of Wonderboy too lol.

I mean, at least Bisping wants to avenge a loss as well so there's some added incentive to it.

He didn't duck Lombard.

Not sure you know what Ducking means

Never got the duck thing anyway he said he was going to ask for a big money fight after he won the belt and he did. I don't know why it's shocking. Of course he has to negotiate with the UFC and take the fights that make sense for the business. At this point Tyron doesn't have much negotiation power, but you never get anything in life if you don't ask.

Dana can't force fighters to fight

you sure?

Dana: Hey Chad Mendes you're fighting Aldo in Brazil.

Chad: Nope, I don't want to fight in Brazil.

End result : Chad fights Aldo in Brazil. Twice.

338.gif

I mean, at least Bisping wants to avenge a loss as well so there's some added incentive to it.
He could have avenged it anytime before, no? I don't really care about this ducking stuff outside of having some fun with it here and there so I can't really say. But I think Bisping's is so much worse. He wanted to fight a post USADA 40 year old Anderson over Moose and a 45 year old Hendo over Jacare, Romero, Weidman, etc. Avenging a loss does less for someone than earning money by fighting Nick or GSP.

You can't just say he's not a duck because he stopped quacking

He called out a retired fighter who hasn't fought in years, and a semi-retired fighter who smokes weed and acts like a clown anytime he scams the UFC into paying him for a fight. The one person he didn't call out, Wonderboy, happens to be a current fighter, a dominant fighter, and the #1 contender. Go figure.

you sure?

Dana: Hey Chad Mendes you're fighting Aldo in Brazil.

Chad: Nope, I don't want to fight in Brazil.

End result : Chad fights Aldo in Brazil. Twice.
Wouldn't the fact that Dana can force fighters to fight nullify any accusations of ducking then? You might as well ask for what you want and if Dana doesn't let you then it is what it is.

He called out a retired fighter who hasn't fought in years, and a semi-retired fighter who smokes weed and acts like a clown anytime he scams the UFC into paying him for a fight. The one person he didn't call out, Wonderboy, happens to be a current fighter, a dominant fighter, and the #1 contender. Go figure.

How did he duck Wonderboy when he said he was going to ask for a money fight? I could easily say Thompson ducked Woodley because he called out Lawler instead of saying he'll fight whoever has the belt.

Wouldn't the fact that Dana can force fighters to fight nullify any accusations of ducking then? You might as well ask for what you want and if Dana doesn't let you then it is what it is.
ssshhhh

That makes too much sense

Back