If Tyron signs to fight Wonderboy can we agree he's not a duck?

Dude tried to call out the GOAT and gets hate for it
We all know that fighers don't ACTUALLY get to pick their fights. There hasn't been an actual ducking champion since the Tito days, because the UFC makes the fights that either A) They think make the most sense or B) THEY think make the most money.

The only way that Woodley would have not fought Woodley was if Dana, Silva and friends decided it

No, because he'd have to fight Lombard next. Then, we could say that. But, it was very clear that he was terrified of Lombard for a while, and now Wonderboy has given Woodley anxiety issues it seems.

Yeah he wont be guilty of ducking Wonderboy. He is guilty of using a smear campaign against the UFC and the fans to paint a picture of himself as a victim. If he drops that I might start pulling for the guy in some of his fights after Wonderboy. Im pulling for Wonderboy because he is from South Carolina.

How did he duck Wonderboy when he said he was going to ask for a money fight? I could easily say Thompson ducked Woodley because he called out Lawler instead of saying he'll fight whoever has the belt.

Why are you parroting Tyron's dumb logic? Wonderboy said he wanted to fight Lawler because Lawler was the champion and Wonderboy, like many people, felt that he would retain the title. It wasn't as much about Lawler as it was the title, as evidenced by the fact that Wonderboy called out Tyron immediately after he won.

Tyron 'Daffy Duck' Woodley is scared and it couldn't be anymore obvious.

This hasn't turned into a race war yet and I'm bored. You all only think Woodley is a duck because he's black...

Why are you parroting Tyron's dumb logic? Wonderboy said he wanted to fight Lawler because Lawler was the champion and Wonderboy, like many people, felt that he would retain the title. It wasn't as much about Lawler as it was the title, as evidenced by the fact that Wonderboy called out Tyron immediately after he won.

Tyron 'Daffy Duck' Woodley is scared.

It's dumb logic to ask for a money fight? Okay..

No where did Tyron ever say he wouldn't fight Wonderboy, you and others just have something wrong in your head. He campaigned for a money fight, didn't get it and now he'll fight Stephen.

Wouldn't the fact that Dana can force fighters to fight nullify any accusations of ducking then? You might as well ask for what you want and if Dana doesn't let you then it is what it is.

It's how I see it, well said.

fans are often dicks. and even worse, mind-blowingly thoughtless.

the UFC set up the system so that certain fights pay more than others. then fans complain when the fighters want the fights that pay more.

i challenge fans to be smarter than the average cup of water and put the blame where it belongs.

Stop making excuses for ur man crush, Woodly's gonna get ktfo. He blatantly ducked wonderboy, trying to rub him of for a money fight. To get money fights u need to earn it, T-wood has not. Fuck he didn't even earn his ts. He just made weight

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck.....

Stop making excuses for ur man crush, Woodly's gonna get ktfo. He blatantly ducked wonderboy, trying to rub him of for a money fight. To get money fights u need to earn it, T-wood has not. Fuck he didn't even earn his ts. He just made weight
Anotehr noob who doesn't know what ducking is

I don't think he has any choice to tell the truth. If he signs to fight wonderboy then it's because the UFC forced his hand.

I ain't mad for him for calling out the big money fights though. he ain't no spring chicken & he's trying to make the most of this opportunity.

If anyone says anything bad about Tyrone it's because he's black and you're a racist.

Tyron was just trying to emulate Bisping and play his own matchmaker. You may see quite a few new champs try it out since Bisping actually got the fight he wanted. On that note, GSP is a fine call-out (and it was kind of mutually exclusive since GSP expressed interest as well) and any newly crowned WW champ would take that fight.

Diaz is a stupid call-out, and there was almost no chance of it working, but I think Tyron was just trying to salt Thompson a little because Thompson picked Lawler (I guess...). I don't blame Tyron for trying to call for that fight, but at the same time, if Wonderboy decided to talk some trash, I think Thompson would have the higher ground on the issue.

Bisping's call out worked because there was no clear cut no. 1 contender. Weidman lost, Rockhold lost, Jacare lost, and Yoel was suspended. At the end of the day, UFC makes the fights. Anyone can call out anyone else but it usually doesn't change who you actually fight, especially when you're the champ.

Then by definition a fighter can't duck another

Yes you can. But there are also more variables to it than that. Dana might force people to fight but he's also not opposed to questionable matchups anyway. There's no guarantee Woodley/Thompson even happens.

He's obviously a human being or he wouldn't have passed his USADA tests.

I believe Woodley runs through Wonderboy. Woodley by KO. Round 2.

I mean, at least Bisping wants to avenge a loss as well so there's some added incentive to it.
Not to mention Dan's one of the goats himself coming off a huge ko win

He is not a duck but he'd not look good, like a child that do what his parents say

Anotehr noob who doesn't know what ducking is
Lol ya that's it, or maybe if something quacks, has a bill and webbed feet I call it a duck. If calling people a noob is how u debate a thought, u need rethink what ur doing here

Back