If stipe just stopped fighting would anyone really care?

Wizzlebiz

Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest
@Silver
Reaction score
My point is he is the least cared about title contender in my mind and from what i see many others. Reem rothwell even cain have a better following than stipe. If this fight falls through I dont see many being upset that stipe doesnt get his shot.

I would because heavyweight needs him. That division sucks.

Kimbo vs Guy who almost died of exhaustion has 10x more draw than legit Miocic, and some people still say mma is legitimately recognized sport.

The heavyweight division is trash. I wouldn't care if they all stopped fighting.

He's one of like 6 good HeavyWeights left on the planet... I would care

Stipe: please don't feign injury, we are all your fans.

Yes, I would. I'm not an overly emotional man-woman who cares about mixing Days of Our Lives with fist-fighting. I like Stipe. He's a beast, and I like watching him fight.

Yes, we know. Stipe is not as marketable as Reem or Cain.

The heavyweight division is trash. I wouldn't care if they all stopped fighting.

I was going to say that there isn't one single fighter that I would care about if they stopped fighting. You don't want to fight? Don't. that's my motto. Plenty of other guys and gals to watch. That said, I mostly agree with you. Nearly all the UFC HW division, and perhaps the entirety of MMA, are nearly not worth watching.

I would shatter the world.

He needs to beat higher profile fighters to be recognized more. Werdum needed Fedor--Cain needed Brock. He fought JDS, but it was a loss.

I would definitely care. Love watching the guy fight.

People complain about the sport not being taken seriously all the time. Giving the title shot to the most deserving guy, at least SOME of the time, is super important to the legitimacy of it.

Stipe deserves this shot like him or not. I'm sure his college baseball buddies will buy PPVs and then they'll each tell two friends and they'll tell two friends. Thats like 100,000 buys right there!

People complain about the sport not being taken seriously all the time. Giving the title shot to the most deserving guy, at least SOME of the time, is super important to the legitimacy of it.

Stipe deserves this shot like him or not. I'm sure his college baseball buddies will buy PPVs and then they'll each tell two friends and they'll tell two friends. Thats like 100,000 buys right there!
You realize the only reason hes fighting for the belt is because cain injured himself right? This is a hand me down fight.

You realize the only reason hes fighting for the belt is because cain injured himself right? This is a hand me down fight.
I think thats a simplistic view. Cain never deserved that fight. He was given it for god knows what reason. Miocic just TKOd two guys who were in the top 5ish in Hunt and AA. It was actually Hunts first fight after his title shot while AA was on a major win streak. I'd say thats more deserving than Cain did to get it, which was lose by stoppage.

Sure, but Cain is only fighting for the title, because...shit, why is he fighting for the title?

edit: Also, I like watching Stipe fight. He's one of too few quality heavyweights.

Back