If stipe just stopped fighting would anyone really care?

My point is he is the least cared about title contender in my mind and from what i see many others. Reem rothwell even cain have a better following than stipe. If this fight falls through I dont see many being upset that stipe doesnt get his shot.

Im also surprised. Stipe has two wins in a row and even less star power than Big Ben, who is riding 4 wins, and waay less than Reem who has 3 wins inc. jds. Now they are both fighting and potentially hit 4 and 5 win streaks and still not be sure who will be the next contender. UFC screwed up with Cain and screwed up again with Stipe.

I dunno. I like him and I don't like many HW. There aren't 10 skilled HW in the UFC, so losing 1 is a pretty big loss IMO.

I think this is one barrier to MMA being taken seriously. Would someone ask, "If the Broncos stopped playing football, would anyone care?" right before the Super Bowl? There are some decent & smart MMA fans, but the majority seem to need to feel attracted to a fighter's bad boy act to be a fan. Pathetic.

This x 10000000

Dude is a legitimate HW. We need every solid HW we could get. Dude starched Hunt and AA. Had a war with JDS too.

He's legit. More people need to care
The problem is, how do you make people care? I know I'm supposed to like Stipe, but he talks zero trash and beats fighters I like better than him.

Maybe he needs that signature performance or win, but at this point he could get blown out by Werdum and never be heard from again and I'd be fine with it.

The problem is, how do you make people care? I know I'm supposed to like Stipe, but he talks zero trash and beats fighters I like better than him.

Maybe he needs that signature performance or win, but at this point he could get blown out by Werdum and never be heard from again and I'd be fine with it.

He doesn't talk trash cause that ain't his style. Not everyone is like McGregor or a Diaz brother. Even if he tried, it would just come off as forced.
I like watching him cause he's a good fighter. I enjoy his fights. As I pointed out, he's one of the very few elite HW's.
His last two fights were impressive wins. Smoked Hunt for four and a half rounds pushing a good pace, then finishing him with strikes. Finished AA in about a minute.

But if you like trash talkers and guys that sell fights, Stipe ain't your guy.

Back