If I put down $100 on Jones and $100 down on Cormier is it a win-win?

i dont think you understand how the bets work, you are just gonna end up paying a "moron tax" if you will.

tumblr_msp755fYCQ1s967p6o1_500.gif

Dude, New Years eve is over, time to sober up.

Jon Jones (-165) vs. Daniel Cormier (+145)

If DC wins, you come out with 245
If Jones wins, you come out with roughly 160

So you're wagering 40 to win 45. If you just do a straight bet of 40 on DC, you will have a chance to win 58.

A straight $40 bet on DC is a much more sensible bet.

Sorry TS, you don't win at gambling.

Huge if true. Dude just tricked the system. I'll do the same while it's still possible.

If I put down $100 on Jones and $100 down on Cormier is it a win-win?

Its pretty much a win-win the way I see it

Either way I'm coming out wish some cash

Only if Corimer wins. You'll be up 65 bucks. A Jones will will cost you 45 based on my sports book.

If DC wins, you come out with 245
If Jones wins, you come out with roughly 160

So you're wagering 40 to win 45. If you just do a straight bet of 40 on DC, you will have a chance to win 58.

A straight $40 bet on DC is a much more sensible bet.

Sorry TS, you don't win at gambling.

Yeah, BUT doing it your stupid way if Jones wins TS loses it all! The way TS did it if Jones wins he still makes $60 on that $100 bet! It makes perfect sense. I sent TS a PM with a Mensa application form. None for you, though.

No, it's not win-win.

It would be win or almost break even.

If DC wins, you would win a little money over the original amount you had. If Jones wins, you would almost win back the amount you started with before both bets, which means you lost money.

If you feel that Cormier will win, then yes, this is a safe way to "hedge " your bet since the lines are close to even. But it's a low risk low reward bet.

Only if you bet more TS. Like $1000.

JK its a crap bet.

It all makes sense now. You just have to bet on both sides and you'll always win. Thank you!

We are all going to be millionaires soon. Let's keep this information in Sherdog only.

If you bet each to win $100, if Jones wins you'll break even, if DC wins you'll lose $20 (going by the above -165/+145 odds).

First of all, you have it backwards. - is the favorite, and + is the underdog.

Second of all, your math doesn't add up even if you assumed the - and + were reversed.

Starting with $200, 100$ bet on each, if -165 won, he would lose 35 dollars (ending with 165$), and if +145 won, he would win 45$ (ending with 245$)

great thread to start the year on sherdog. we are trying to make this place look good like that one thread was pleading

Shhhhhh....
It's a secret!

Back