Daniel Cormier continues to take subtle shots at Jon Jones

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
DC says he wishes Jones-Stipe happened in their absolute primes.

“I wish I saw those guys with Stipe in his mid 30s, Jones in his late 20s,” Cormier said. “We’re a business, I get it. It’s a massive fight on name value alone.

-As a petty man myself, what DC is saying is even if Jones beats Stipe, it won’t mean much. DC is putting it out there that his win over Stipe will always mean more (if Jones does in fact beat Stipe).

-Also notice how shill DC says “we’re a business” like he’s a partner in the UFC. I clean bathrooms at Amazon warehouse on the weekend, that doesn’t mean it’s my business.

-Remember that DC couldn’t hold back his smile on ESPN when Jones’s injury was announced. DC knows Jones vs Stipe in early 2025 doesn’t mean anything so I expect the subtle digs to continue.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ime-pavlovich-aspinall-more-competitive-fight

DC is right, the fight is an absolute joke... 44 year old Stipe and coming off a life changing brutal KO loss

This is all to give Jones a free HW title defense, which is why they are talking about Tom/Pav defending the interim belt lol

DC is right, the fight is an absolute joke... 44 year old Stipe and coming off a life changing brutal KO loss

This is all to give Jones a free HW title defense, which is why they are talking about Tom/Pav defending the interim belt lol

Jon Jones is a paper champion at heavyweight. He won the title by beating Ngannou’s leftovers and his first title defence will be against an old man that Ngannou brutalized.

HW sucks. Jailton is "small" but he's actually just an in shape HW.

And he's objectively correct.

giphy.gif

lol @ subtle

He is just telling truth talkings

They have fought 2X, and Jon Jones beat him, fair and square. DC couldn't unanimously win a single round

Stipe is only 41 and Jones is 36. Jones and Stipe are both at the tail end of their careers. Jones isn’t some young up and comer and exaggerating Stipe’s age isn’t helping. This isn’t a Fedor situation who was 29 beating 40yr old Mark Coleman and fans praise him for it.

It's because of Stipe's name and the money potential of that fight vs. another. They don't give a damn about giving Jon a free title defense.

People are hating on this fight, because they are hyping up Aspinal and Pavlovich prematurely, when for all we know both those guys could have shit the bed against Jon or Stipe, just like Gane did, and Ngannou could have taken both their heads off in the first round too, so there is really no evidence that Jon and Stipe are not even the 2 best heavyweights right now

DC says he wishes Jones-Stipe happened in their absolute primes.

-As a petty man myself, what DC is saying is even if Jones beats Stipe, it won’t mean much. DC is putting it out there that his win over Stipe will always mean more (if Jones does in fact beat Stipe).

-Also notice how shill DC says “we’re a business” like he’s a partner in the UFC. I clean bathrooms at Amazon warehouse on the weekend, that doesn’t mean it’s my business.

-Remember that DC couldn’t hold back his smile on ESPN when Jones’s injury was announced. DC knows Jones vs Stipe in early 2025 doesn’t mean anything so I expect the subtle digs to continue.

https://www.mmafighting.com/platfor...ime-pavlovich-aspinall-more-competitive-fight
This isn't anything notable. Any time you get fighters late in their careers, especially when one is as faded as Stipe seems to be, there's always the "too bad this didn't happen sooner" commentary. Always. That's not any kind of a dig at anyone.

I swear 45 year old Stipe gets older every time he is mentioned

He could be 46 by the time they actually fight!

Salty that's all. He got beat twice an wasn't close either time. He has the failed drug tests to lean on but he lost.

Except he’s right. Maybe not the best messenger for it, but many of us have been saying this fight is at least 3-4 years too late. It’s absolutely meaningless with a 36 year old Jon and a 41 year old stipe coming off a 3 year layoff after getting ko’d

Back