If Floyd lost to Castillo in their first matchup...

Assuming he wins all his other fights, yes why not, he would still be p4p, multiple weight champ etc

People want to see the undisputed best.

Tyson was still Tyson after Buster beat him and generated big numbers post prison.
Even after his loss to Evander, he was still on. People still believed that he would come out in the rematch and break bones on Evander inside of 2-3 rounds (instead of Evanders bones, he went after his ear).

And even 2002, when he was totally shot, a lot people had that image of Tyson knocking out Lennox.. they still believed the guy from 1988 was there.

With Floyd, whose style isn't as nearly as exicting as Tysons and who's not as beloved, it's tough to say. Beating one top contender after another and being a good self promoter were his biggest factors, but the "0" certainly made everything easier, especially considering that he often hinted at his invincibility in relation to his self promotion. But it's not like it was all he had. Being beloved and exicting would've helped too, but as you see it worked out for him without it.

A Pacquiao rematch would have generated a lot regardless how boring the 1st fight was. An exicting 1st fight would have led to more buys in the rematch, but it wasn't necessarily needed.
The point is: Once something is established among the mass, it's easy to maintain it as long as you deliver good results. It's basic economics, just take the Apple Iphone as an example. Why do people keep buying it even though it's more expensive than all other phones?

R.i.p Steve Jobs. Who did he bequeath all that money to? I would have gladly taken it to take care of it

Last edited:
That was obviously a deliberate low blow.

Yeah he was staring right at his cash and prizes before he reached back and threw the dong uppercut. And you can see yoel in the corner a round or two before that whispering in his ear.

I wouldn't be surprised if Judah felt bad about it after, but the shit was on purpose

Just seems like more of a promoter's tool than anything. Lot's of guys have gone undefeated for long stretches until the fought someone who is on their level.

No one has ever been on his level, during his career. That is why the sports community is enamored with the "0." Someone should have gotten to him by now, as it happens to everyone.

Probably not. Hes boring as shit. Great boxer, but boring

Yeah he was staring right at his cash and prizes before he reached back and threw the dong uppercut. And you can see yoel in the corner a round or two before that whispering in his ear.

I wouldn't be surprised if Judah felt bad about it after, but the shit was on purpose

Yeah.. maybe.. I don't know like I said..he just seemed like he genuinely didnt mean to do it ..

he probably was injured regardless he should have been outscored

Ah yes Floyd's essence is being absorbed in this thread. Can you all feel it?

I guess I just don't get the obsession with it, does anyone care that Canelo lost to Floyd? He was supposed to lose that fight.

He did lose a lot of steam in Mexico and is nowhere the level of hype he had.

Maybe if he beats Cotto he will be able to return to where he was prior to the Floyd fight.

I honestly don't think Judah meant to.. he seemed like he was genuinely sorry it happened after the fight.. you never know..but he seemed genuine

Hahahahah Cracky, you are almost there but there is still some fight in you.

Hahahahah Cracky, you are almost there but there is still some fight in you.

Well.. I guess requesting you to stop talking to me wasn't enough? Okiedoke..

On a serious note, Judah always seemed impulsive earlier in his Career. People give him the benefit of the doubt now, because he was able to be more selfless in the recent years, so he is more or less a reasonable human being. The question then lies had he still remained an elite boxer up till now, that he would be more progressive minded champion or not. I personally think not. I think he can be obsessed with himself, and do actions with serious consequences.

Judah blatantly hit floyd low and in the back of the head. If you weren't sure about the low blow the head shot should of convinced you

I honestly think his personality has been rather tame and boring the last few years. He has part of american culture brain washed into thinking they are TMT.

I agree with you. He seems rather rumble behind the scenes. I remember him apologizing profusely to a Showtime producer for cutting her off midway through her questions. He always comes off as a super polite on those FightHub and FightHype videos -- and keep in mind he is being interviewed by nerds with zero credentials.

Yeah.. maybe.. I don't know like I said..he just seemed like he genuinely didnt mean to do it ..

I think it was the fact that they used to kinda be friends yeah? After 2nd grade it isn't funny to just go punch your friend in the balls.

I think it was on purpose but I also think you are right in that he felt bad and probably didn't want to resort to those tactics

I think it was the fact that they used to kinda be friends yeah? After 2nd grade it isn't funny to just go punch your friend in the balls.

I think it was on purpose but I also think you are right in that he felt bad and probably didn't want to resort to those tactics

That's the impression I got. I think it looked very intentional, but he pretended it was an accident because that's what 100% of fighters do, and he also looked like he might have felt a bit ashamed about it.

yeah... he was definitely ashamed.. I guess I read that as he didnt mean to do it...

I don't think it'd be as bad as most, Floyd would just spin the 'I've beat every man I've ever faced' line instead, people would buy it.

As for the Judah incident. A blatant and desperate foul. Not much more of an explanation needed.

Nope. Mayweather's following PPV's after Gatti with Judah and Baldomir didnt do much business. The Money character was born in 2007 with HBO's 24/7 of the De La Hoya fight buildup. Floyd intelligently marketed it to perfection ever since

I didn't say it did well. He ditched the "I'm just grateful for this challenge", "I'd like to thank God for this opportunity" stuff at the Gatti fight. I agree it didn't catch on widely until De la Hoya, and that had a lot to do with the attention that DLH brought to the fight. That was when most people got the itch to see him lose. But he was still trying earlier than that.

But hell, he was even bragging about his money before the Corrales fight.

Back