If Floyd lost to Castillo in their first matchup...

Judah was on hbo wasnt it? Im just going off of vague memory..but I seem to recall it being on hbo.. could be wrong.. DLH def gave Floyd his bump though. He couldnt sell before DLH.. Now he def contributed to the success of the event with his antics, but in his and Manny Pacs case, they both doubled their supporters by fighting dlh..

Judah was on hbo wasnt it? Im just going off of vague memory..but I seem to recall it being on hbo.. could be wrong.. DLH def gave Floyd his bump though. He couldnt sell before DLH.. Now he def contributed to the success of the event with his antics, but in his and Manny Pacs case, they both doubled their supporters by fighting dlh..

The Judah fight was a PPV, I believe.

It was PPV

The Judah fight was a PPV.

I stand corrected.. thought it was on hbo for some reason..

Yeah like was said, it was sort of a bomb ppv. Despite all the money that was in the crowd.

More to your point, Cracky, both Floyd and Manny benefited from DLH. And that became sort of synergistic, pardon the phrase, because then they both got a big boost from each other. Floyd/Manny was the 400lb gorilla in the room for nearly 6 years. And that gorilla got them paid.

It didn't do well because Zab had just lost to Baldomir.

Yeah like was said, it was sort of a bomb ppv. Despite all the money that was in the crowd.

More to your point, Cracky, both Floyd and Manny benefited from DLH. And that became sort of synergistic, pardon the phrase, because then they both got a big boost from each other. Floyd/Manny was the 400lb gorilla in the room for nearly 6 years. And that gorilla got them paid.

Good point about the go rilla

I don't think 374 k was a bomb back then.. that was good for anybody not named Tyson or DLH..Times have changed though..

Good point about the go rilla

I don't think 374 k was a bomb back then.. that was good for anybody not named Tyson or DLH..Times have changed though..

In 2005-2006
Tyson-McBride was on ppv 2 weeks before Mayweather-Gatti and only did 250k.
Pacquiaos first 3 ppvs were against Morales and they did 345k, 360k, 350k.
Tarver-Jones III did 405k, and De La Hoya-Mayorga did 925k.
So it looks like it was the norm then.
When De La Hoya-Mayweather did 2.4m in 2007, the last ppv to hit 1m before that was Hopkins-De La Hoya in 2004

Back