If everyone is on steroids and tested under the same platform why do only some people piss hot?

From my understanding and I can be wrong:
There's a lot of things that are banned for multiple reasons. Hundreds of substances. Maybe more. They can't test for every banned substance so instead they choose like 15-20 substances to test for. So unless you're on the specific substances they are testing for you'll pass the test.

I could be wrong but that's what I was told.

Last edited:
There's a lot of things that are banned for multiple reasons. Hundreds of substances. Maybe more. They can't test for every banned substance so instead they choose like 15-20 substances to test for. So unless you're on the specific substances they are testing for you'll pass the test.

It's like they didn't used to test for HGH or EPO.

Everyone takes steroids or medications or supplements!
And depending on the organization some of them are classified as prohibited and others not!

Is that an admission of guilt from Nate?

Also weird how many times its fighters who should have the bank to be able to go about it in a better way then a prelim fighter and get caught regardless

According to my Degree in PEDs from Sherdog University
Nah, plenty of prelim fighters get busted, but nobody is going to make headlines for being the prelim fighter on a fight night card compared to a title challenger or actual champ.

That’s not how it works. Urine tests test for substances every time. Blood tests test for substances every time. Some substances require unique tests.

There’s a lot of substances that create the same endocrinological response that aren’t well studied and established. If you have the right researcher controlling your supplements you can basically roid without violating existing rules.

if you don’t, you’ll get popped. There’s also a certain percentage that don’t take anything but no one knows what these percentages are. Pro tip: if someone gives you a percentage just ignore their comment because they are full of shit.

Lamewads with shit connects and shit gear that get busted. You need them one of a kind designers direct from Moscow.

They misjudge the clearance time or get tested randomly. You want to take the PED for as long as possible before coming off to get tested, I would imagine some athletes get greedy and try to squeeze out an extra day but end up getting popped for it. If you know it is out of your system in 3 days you would probably want to give it 6 days just to be sure, but a more ballsy athlete might try to just come off 3 days before testing to get as much advantage as they can.

The Higher profile guys get tested waaay more.

I remember at one time USADA gave our awards for the most clean tests, some of those guys eventually popped and I think they weren't one off instances like TJ and Werdum.

There are currently 19 UFC fighters who have reached the 25-clean test milestone as of May 1: Holly Holm (35), Cris Cyborg (33), Alvarez (32), Vitor Belfort (32), Daniel Cormier (30), dos Anjos (30), Miocic (28), Robbie Lawler (27), T.J. Dillashaw (27), Conor McGregor (27), Edson Barboza (27), Dominick Cruz (27), Fabricio Werdum (27), Frankie Edgar (27), Torres (26), Stephen Thomson (25), Tyron Woodley (25), Dustin Poirier (25) and Johny Hendricks (25).
I was willing to argue with the veracity of the testing until I saw Hendricks on that list. But then I also considered his record once USADA came into being.

Not everyone uses...

Its honestly luck and timing your shit..

Must be a super stressful way to live...plus taking peds and steroids shows mental weakness IMO...u felt u needed to do them to be good vs just working on your shit...shortcuts rarely lead to long term success...look at jones...sure he was champion made millions...but he also the forever asshole P.O.S who popped and ruined his legacy forever ...he will be remembered more for his drug issues then anything else...thats the price u pay for playing with PEDs and Steroids...

I am Martial artist myself and i would never take steroids or peds and would compete in MMA and have competed in BJJ and JJJ tournaments...its not what i believe the sport is about and i personally wouldnt do it to my body...

Is this just a reach for people who want to believe their favorite fighter who popped for roids is part of a whole?

I don’t know shit about steroids just FYI
Well they are not all on steroids. Its a statement from Jones nuthuggers to promote their hero to goat status. If they were on all on steriods they would be getting caught. I accept that the high level athletes can afford an endocrinologist to beat the system. But your average fighter. No. Usada isnt a pushover. they catch jones with picograms. They catch people using iv to cut weight. If you get caught, game over. If you get caught multiple times you are a fraud.

Just do a testicular examination as an indicator
Actually don't

they probably all have shrunken balls

How often is USADA drawing blood vs just collecting a simple urine sample?

Id like to start there.

Cause we all know we can get the cheat sheet to the whiz quiz at every corner

Some PED’s can only be detected with a blood test. The fighters’ urine tests mean shit. Most know how to bypass them.

It's just like how almost everybody speeds on the road but only some people ever get caught. You can't catch everyone.

this thread started to become informative. good stuff. most of the stuff on the front page is pure recycled shit but people that actualloy seem to be in the know popped up around the third page.

The premise that all fighters are on the gear is false
Some are some aren't and not all of who are on the gear are caught
Its much more complex than just saying everyone is juiced
Specially the lower level/ fighters who are starting out

I am aligned with Conte on this: 60% of UFC guys were on something pre-USADA. Now it’s a lot less. My guess would be 20%. If it was more, there would be way more violations. Also, if beating the controls was that easy, we wouldn’t be seeing all these fighters like Reem, Hendricks, Belfort and so on looking flaccid and struggling to even stay afloat.
Its reasonable what you have said, but people wont believe you because the narrative of everyone is on steroids helps them rationalise when one of their favourites gets caught

Cause some times USADA just has to report to stay relevant. It’s part of the deal to overlook 99% of the offences and report some just to look legit

Back