If everyone is on steroids and tested under the same platform why do only some people piss hot?

Is this just a reach for people who want to believe their favorite fighter who popped for roids is part of a whole?
I don’t know shit about steroids just FYI

USADA changed the game by making it difficult for fighters to take steroids. Its more risky now with random testing. Don't know how effective the testing regime is for UFC athletes residing outside of the US.

Lance Armstrong is a good example of someone with a lot of money who has a whole team around him who can cover for him round the clock, inform him about potential testing times/dates, bribe officials etc. Yet to be detectable designer steroids have gotten more innovative in over the previous decade and a half.

Is this just a reach for people who want to believe their favorite fighter who popped for roids is part of a whole?

You need to find just enough rotten apples to convince people that there's no problem, but not so many rotten apples that the whole bloody barrel is thrown out.

For the type of drug testing at international level sports like the the olympics/WADA, the urine samples are going to be tested for the entire list of banned substances. The samples are shot through high tech machines that are able to identify and quantify hundreds even thousands of compounds simultaneously.
This is true and a good point. That said, some things are only detectable through blood, and carbon isotope tests are not performed on every sample as well.

It's luck due to how many times they decide to test you vs you get 3 chances per year to "fail". I think location matters a lot too. If you live somewhere sort of dangerous or remote. It will be harder for local officials to go there to get the blood and piss. I believe it is still the same where USADA delegates foreign collection to local sporting authorities. Some countries; I am assuming it might be easier to bribe than others.

The only way to catch the dopers using fast metabolized designer steroids is perhaps to test old samples every so often? That opens an ugly can of worms though. Do you retroactively strip people?

Balco was almost 20 years ago now…..and was limited in their reach (although very high level athletes)

If everyone was on designer steroids we’d have alot more balco’s being discovered after the fact.

That's all very true. The link I provided went into some detail about how the new steroid was detected in the first place which was relevant to the question of why only some people piss hot.

That's all very true. The link I provided went into some detail about how the new steroid was detected in the first place which was relevant to the question of why only some people piss hot.
i certainly agree that there are designer ped's. i just think the idea that everyone is on designer ped's is a way of explaining that which you can't otherwise explain. it's impossible for all the athletes to be in on some global secret while keeping everyone else in the dark.

and it was a good link albeit long!

For the type of drug testing at international level sports like the the olympics/WADA, the urine samples are going to be tested for the entire list of banned substances. The samples are shot through high tech machines that are able to identify and quantify hundreds even thousands of compounds simultaneously.
oh yes, I was talking about the UFC/USADA model.

This is true and a good point. That said, some things are only detectable through blood, and carbon isotope tests are not performed on every sample as well.
Yes and some things like testosterone, EPO, the testing is in the context of an individual 'biological passport'. So not coincidentally those were the things that Lance doped with.

Because they're not all on PEDs.
I find this one of the most ridiculous narratives around here if one takes a closer look.

If they were all on something, not only would the level of athleticism in general be higher, but it'd also be a lot closer between fighters.
Reality is, that there are only a very few fighters who have all these at the same time:
Decent amount of muscle
Insane cardio
Insane power

I'd say close to 100% of athletes dope in some way or another.

People just like to use USADA to excuse how unathletic most HWs have become. Point to Randleman and say there's no way he's all natural. Sure, but Barnett and Rothwell have popped as well.

Because they're not all on PEDs.
I find this one of the most ridiculous narratives around here if one takes a closer look.

If they were all on something, not only would the level of athleticism in general be higher, but it'd also be a lot closer between fighters.
Reality is, that there are only a very few fighters who have all these at the same time:
Decent amount of muscle
Insane cardio
Insane power

This. But I suppose if you sit on your couch all day eating Cheetos you would think everyone with 15% or less body fat is on steroids.

It depends on the timing of the test and your cycle. Some guys just aren't smart about it.

Everyone takes steroids or medications or supplements!
And depending on the organization some of them are classified as prohibited and others not!

Why would Nate Diaz snitch on himself and his brother like that?

Does he mean "everyone but me and my friends?" Because most of his pack pissed hot at some point...

Why would Nate Diaz snitch on himself and his brother like that?

Does he mean "everyone but me and my friends?" Because most of his pack pissed hot at some point...
Read my post again !
The video is just
a complementary element !

This is an interesting list, all but two have been champions or fought for a belt. I suspect it's a bit skewed because higher level fighters hang around longer, in general, and are thus more likely to compile that many clean tests. I find the two non-champ/challengers intriguing, though. Edson Barboza has been around forever and been at least on the fringes of contention, but what explains Torres?

Maybe cos of how shredded Torres and Barboza are.

If you check the usada testing results page if someone doesn't pass the eye test they generally get tested more.

different roids, taken in different ways, by different people tested with different ideas about how to beat all the different tests. there's a thousand variables at play in determining who gets pinched and who doesn't.

this is why i say roids should be legal. everyone's doing them, but you can only enforce the ban selectively. if they were declared legal, people would be shocked at how little of a difference it'd make.

Back