If everyone is on steroids and tested under the same platform why do only some people piss hot?

I have never taken anything besides over the counter stuff, and everything I know comes from reading, but here is what I know. Some techniques have already been mentioned, such as masking agents and cycling. This is the way the lower paid guys do it. The guys who make enough money can hire a doctor to make them designer steroids in secret, kind of like Breaking Bad for doctors with a chemistry background. I suspect most of the big name guys who don't pass the eye test are on the designer gear.

Maybe masking agents, dosages, timing, etc.

Shouldn’t there be dozens of the lower rung fighters getting busted each month then.

How is it that absolute top guys like Anderson, TJ and Jones are working with hacks who fumble these things (and in Jones’ case, not even have a decent backup plan in place)?

Jon Jones just has the worst luck.

I feel bad for him, an innocent victim of incalculable odds.

Reactions: CPH
Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, and the tooth fairy aren’t real. Every fighter at the highest level is on ped’s grow up kids.

PED prince Conte thinks it was 60% of all fighters pre-USADA, but you think it’s 100% now? Interesting take considering how many formerly jacked fighters have looked deflated and flunked out since the USADA rolled in.

Last edited:
Shouldn’t there be dozens of the lower rung fighters getting busted each month then.

How is it that absolute top guys like Anderson, TJ and Jones are working with hacks who fumble these things (and in Jones’ case, not even have a decent backup plan in place)?

They get tested 10 times more, so the chance of them getting caught is 10 times higher.

Yes, We know. It still doesn’t explain how all these low level guys are beating the controls.

1) they get testet 10 times less
2) when someone tests positive and he's not a name, you hear about it 10 times less

That's already a hundred times less.

Problem solved.

Yes, We know. It still doesn’t explain how all these low level guys are beating the controls.
Who is saying that all those "low" lvl fighters are beating the test... i don't believe that everyone is taking strong PEDs or even light ones.
When Nate said that everyone is on PED, i believe he meant the Top 5 or Top 10 guys. I don't believe he meant guys like Cody Mckenzie

You say "yes, we know" like the amount of times they get tested doesn't matter? There have been incidents of no name prelim guys getting caught, you just don't hear about it much because they get bounced with no fan fair. Plenty of no names on this list.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/

And it's like it was said above. Olympic athletes rarely get popped and are tested by the same body. If you think people are winning gold medals naturally in the top Olympic sports then you're beyond help.

1) they get testet 10 times less
2) when someone tests positive and he's not a name, you hear about it 10 times less

That's already a hundred times less.

Problem solved.

Throws out number pulled out of his/her ass and declares problem solved <Lmaoo>

I don’t have to ‘hear’ about it because I have seen the lists again and again over the years and they are filled with top 20 guys. I get that a lot of low rankers get busted too, but nowhere near the amount that they should if ‘everyone’ was on PEDs and beating the controls was so hard that the doping team of a consummate pro like Jones struggles to do it.

Who is saying that all those "low" lvl fighters are beating the test... i don't believe that everyone is taking strong PEDs or even light ones.
When Nate said that everyone is on PED, i believe he meant the Top 5 or Top 10 guys. I don't believe he meant guys like Cody Mckenzie

I am aligned with Conte on this: 60% of UFC guys were on something pre-USADA. Now it’s a lot less. My guess would be 20%. If it was more, there would be way more violations. Also, if beating the controls was that easy, we wouldn’t be seeing all these fighters like Reem, Hendricks, Belfort and so on looking flaccid and struggling to even stay afloat.

The Higher profile guys get tested waaay more.

I remember at one time USADA gave our awards for the most clean tests, some of those guys eventually popped and I think they weren't one off instances like TJ and Werdum.

There are currently 19 UFC fighters who have reached the 25-clean test milestone as of May 1: Holly Holm (35), Cris Cyborg (33), Alvarez (32), Vitor Belfort (32), Daniel Cormier (30), dos Anjos (30), Miocic (28), Robbie Lawler (27), T.J. Dillashaw (27), Conor McGregor (27), Edson Barboza (27), Dominick Cruz (27), Fabricio Werdum (27), Frankie Edgar (27), Torres (26), Stephen Thomson (25), Tyron Woodley (25), Dustin Poirier (25) and Johny Hendricks (25).
This is an interesting list, all but two have been champions or fought for a belt. I suspect it's a bit skewed because higher level fighters hang around longer, in general, and are thus more likely to compile that many clean tests. I find the two non-champ/challengers intriguing, though. Edson Barboza has been around forever and been at least on the fringes of contention, but what explains Torres?

Throws out number pulled out of his/her ass and declares problem solved <Lmaoo>

I don’t have to ‘hear’ about it because I have seen the lists again and again over the years and they are filled with top 20 guys. I get that a lot of low rankers get busted too, but nowhere near the amount that they should if ‘everyone’ was on PEDs and beating the controls was so hard that the doping team of a consummate pro like Jones struggles to do it.

I was simply using math and logic. If that's not good enough for you, so be it.

I'm not condoning using ped's, at all. I'm simply at a point at which I don't care. It's all entertainment.

Back