If everyone is on steroids and tested under the same platform why do only some people piss hot?

Is this just a reach for people who want to believe their favorite fighter who popped for roids is part of a whole?

I don’t know shit about steroids just FYI

Better masking agents, different cocktails.

The ones that caught are just dumb. With the availability of lab testing to anyone it means you can easily determine what will show up and what won't. You often see a spike in people being caught when new tests are developed which athletes aren't aware of.

I was simply using math and logic. If that's not good enough for you, so be it.

I'm not condoning using ped's, at all. I'm simply at a point at which I don't care. It's all entertainment.

You didn’t do any math, that’s my issue with the way you solve problems.

You didn’t do any math, that’s my issue with the way you solve problems.

I actually did do math.

I don't solve any problems though, nor do I pretend to. As I said: I'm quite contend with people using PED's, I don't care.

sure, but it doesn't seem like you want to learn. Its pretty easy, it has to do mainly with masking agents, dosages, timing, which substance the athletes use, which substance is being tested and so on. Hope this helped.

It's clear he doesn't want to learn because he made a thread asking to be informed...

What if I told you USADA is merely a PR stunt and doesn’t actually accomplish anything?

I have never taken anything besides over the counter stuff, and everything I know comes from reading, but here is what I know. Some techniques have already been mentioned, such as masking agents and cycling. This is the way the lower paid guys do it. The guys who make enough money can hire a doctor to make them designer steroids in secret, kind of like Breaking Bad for doctors with a chemistry background. I suspect most of the big name guys who don't pass the eye test are on the designer gear.

what's up with cycling?

I am aligned with Conte on this: 60% of UFC guys were on something pre-USADA. Now it’s a lot less. My guess would be 20%. If it was more, there would be way more violations. Also, if beating the controls was that easy, we wouldn’t be seeing all these fighters like Reem, Hendricks, Belfort and so on looking flaccid and struggling to even stay afloat.
I believe it's waaaaaay more than that. Truth is we will never 100% know but just look at former athletes saying what Diaz said "they're are all on something".

The human body just cannot sustain the trauma from injuries, training and competing like top athletes in competitive fields get. Most drugs dont stay in the system for long and, when they test, they have to test for a specific drug. It's not like they run the sample in the system and everything illegal pops off.

It's more specific than that and it cost a lot of money, so they target certain things.

So yeah, my opinion is that close to 100% take something at some point every year (at least) that is not permitted by usada.

>implying he didn't made the thread only to prove his point...

nice try

You're only seeing an insinuation in his second question and ignoring the fact that it's still a question, accompanied by another question in the title and the actual humble acknowledgement that he doesn't know shit, which logically includes the answers to his questions.

And the insinuation is obviously just a suspicion he has, but isn't sure about, because... he doesn't know shit about PEDs.

Is this just a reach for people who want to believe their favorite fighter who popped for roids is part of a whole?

I don’t know shit about steroids just FYI
there are tricks for masking what you take.
You also cycle through, you don't take it all the time, so it's a game of trimming where testers attempt to catch you and testing while you are taking it.
There are also people who use other people's urine, or they hide when the testers come to the gym and a myriad of other things.

There's also luck involved. You are not tested for everything.
So you will only get caught if they tested for what you are taking (though they keep your sample and can re-test later for other things if there's a reason).

overall, it's a game of time. they keep testing. If you slip at some point, they catch you. if not, game continues...

So are you saying there are natty Olympic gold medalists in some of the most competitive/biggest sports? Ie weight lifting , wrestling, cycling, running etc? Have you seen recent track cyclist quads in the last 20 years? The Olympics also uses USADA for testing btw

Personally I think it's hard to believe that a high level athlete hasn't done something at one time or another in there career. Your performance is everything. There are millions of dollars on the line. All your peers at the top are potentially using. If anything id be more surprised if an athlete wasn't using

But to answer your question: Timing is everything. When you are on or off your cycle. 2. Randomized testing cannot catch everyone due to.. timing. Money affords designer drugs/experience evading tests, and more importantly just dumb luck.

I agree with what you said but I think it’s more than timing and money because you have guys like Jones that just repeatedly keep screwing up even with all the resources.

I have a feeling there’s something else being missed. Perhaps it’s consistency or dosage?

Funny how people here believe that cage fighting of all things is mostly clean.

Some sort of juice is absolutely everywhere. You probably have regional level badminton players on roids lol.

Who is saying that all those "low" lvl fighters are beating the test... i don't believe that everyone is taking strong PEDs or even light ones.
When Nate said that everyone is on PED, i believe he meant the Top 5 or Top 10 guys. I don't believe he meant guys like Cody Mckenzie
That boy was choking out 4 guys in in less than a minute each year in his first 12 fights including his TUF finale fight.
He was on on everything injectable including nutella.

There's also luck involved. You are not tested for everything.
So you will only get caught if they tested for what you are taking (though they keep your sample and can re-test later for other things if there's a reason).

overall, it's a game of time. they keep testing. If you slip at some point, they catch you. if not, game continues...

For the type of drug testing at international level sports like the the olympics/WADA, the urine samples are going to be tested for the entire list of banned substances. The samples are shot through high tech machines that are able to identify and quantify hundreds even thousands of compounds simultaneously.

Back