If Donald Trump's immigration plan came true, the results would be scary.

maaaaan....i just find it hard to swallow that a guy who was roasted by the likes of snoop dog on a comedy central roast, and who carries himself like a pompous arrogant prick most of the time, could be the next american president....it will be the ultimate LOL moment in history.
Cant wait till, America, the reality show begins!

The whole deport the mexicans angle is a red herring to distract retarded people. Lol at the idea that our economy is in the shitter because of illegals. For one thing it's allowing companies to employ these illegals that creates the issue in the first place, and both parties are complicit in that. For another if you want to talk economy, we waste a shitload of money on needless conflicts and the military industrial complex. Conservatives make it seem like social programs are this great evil, hey we've BEEN AT WAR FOR NEARLY TWO DECADES. Giving away the treasury to corporate america through bailouts and tax breaks with absolutely no oversight hasn't helped either. Yeah it's the guy picking apples for like $5 an hour that's toppling the economy smfh. i think they'll find out pretty quickly farmers cant afford to pay $10 with benefits to fucking pick fruit. Maybe if corporate agribusiness wasn't riding them like a cheap hooker they could.

Literally no republican would disagree with wage increases due to free market economics.
Ha!

Come on now, why the hell do you think the republicans have done almost nothing about mass illegal immigration all these decades? They love a good exploitable labor pool as much as they love anything. So do many dems.

It would be an economic and humanitarian disaster and we'd have to become a police state in order to effectively carry it out. It's a joke though. Nobody, not even Trump, is seriously contemplating deportation of 13 million people. It's just something Republicans tell their idiot base to get them whipped into a frenzy.
I agree with the sentiment expressed, but I also believe we should take people at their word for their extremely bad ideas. We should not assume Trump is full of crap about deporting 10+ million people.

who is going to fight in this civil war? Could you deem it a civil war if one side is made up of illegals?
It speaks more to the nightmare of rounding up more than 10 million. It becomes apparent even upon shallow examination that it's not feasible without incredible measures that must violate civil liberties massively.

Obama has deported 2.5 million illegals in 7 years.

If Trump actually closes the border he'd just have to increase the current rate of deportations by a factor or 3 or so and by the time he left office every illegal would be deported.

I'm pretty confident the US can handle losing 12 million workers over 8 years considering the Soviets survived losing 40 million in 4.

What would happen in reality is Trump would compromise and only deport those who do not meet a set of requirements to be integrate into society in some legal manner. Oh and this entire time we are taking in millions of legal immigrants willing to pick oranges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...amned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/

This confusion enables political spin, too. If you want to portray Obama as weak on enforcement, use the removal numbers, which, compared to his predecessors, are lower. If you want to make Obama look tougher on enforcement, combine the return and removal numbers (like George W. Bush apparently did) or use the now meaningless “deportation”; both moves would conflate return and removal — and boost the overall number of expulsions.

maaaaan....i just find it hard to swallow that a guy who was roasted by the likes of snoop dog on a comedy central roast, and who carries himself like a pompous arrogant prick most of the time, could be the next american president....it will be the ultimate LOL moment in history.
Well if you think about it how much different is that than the President we have now hanging out with Jay-z and Beyonce.

It speaks more to the nightmare of rounding up more than 10 million. It becomes apparent even upon shallow examination that it's not feasible without incredible measures that must violate civil liberties massively.

But not a civil war; as they are illegals and not citizens.

But not a civil war; as they are illegals and not citizens.
A civil war is definitely a stretch. Riots and unrest? Sure. Those can sometimes snowball out of control, but I don't think enough potential armed revolutionary-types are going to fight for outsiders.

Too many of you are in denial. Those jobs would not be filled quickly as most Americans want nothing to do with those types of jobs and they wouldn't do them effectively. They also would demand more money and the prices would skyrocket. Add on top of that Republicans never wanting to increase wages and our economy starts to plummet.

I was forced to do those jobs as a kid growing up.

Worked side by side by illegal mexicans in the fields. Maybe american parents should stop being pussies and make their kids work.

I know illegals that became citizens under Ronald Reagan and now contribute more taxes then most deadbeat American born citizens.

It would be an economic and humanitarian disaster and we'd have to become a police state in order to effectively carry it out. It's a joke though. Nobody, not even Trump, is seriously contemplating deportation of 13 million people. It's just something Republicans tell their idiot base to get them whipped into a frenzy.

I've posted this a million times: military mass deportations ala the Soviet Union are not what would be done. You merely provide strong enough discincentives for them to leave and they will do so.

But you can't tell him or his supporters actual facts. Factual information goes against their world and everything they have been taught to believe. Not all Republicans are calling for these types of specific policies but this is what mass deportation looks like.

The Republican Party is the party of denying scientific facts and feasible economic policies. Donald Trump is a moron who has absolutely no presidential qualities and has the potential to be the nail in our country's coffin.

lol at these being "facts" that disproving donalds plan

fact in video: 11% of fast food workers are illegal immigrants
liberal leap in video stated as fact: if these workers were deported. fast food counters would close.
the retarded assumption made by video: the country has a high unemployment rate and these jobs would sit empty, instead of just going to americans or legal immigrants

I didn't bother to listen to the rest of the dribble

either we have borders or we don't. if we have borders then we need to enforce them. I don't understand how this is even a discussion

12 million illegals were sent back during clintons presidency and 8.3 million were sent back during bush's. sending them back has never been the problem, the problem is they just walk back in because our border patrol is a joke.

of the 12 million sent back during clinton's presidency, less than a million were actually forced. the rest were just caught and then left willingly before their trial (usually because its easier to just come back in). it wasnt a police state situation.

i guess republicans are "idiots" for thinking trump can do 13 million when clinton did 12 lol. the only difference is that trump has a plan to keep them out so that he deportations actually accomplish something

I also don't understand the liberal doublethink that

A) corporations are making way too much profit at the expense of keeping wages way too low
B) it is a good thing that we have a huge excess of workers who are willing to work for 5$ an hour in order to make big corporations more money

there is no faster way to increase wages than to reduce the number of available workers so that employers have to compete for employees.

Too many of you are in denial. Those jobs would not be filled quickly as most Americans want nothing to do with those types of jobs and they wouldn't do them effectively. They also would demand more money and the prices would skyrocket. Add on top of that Republicans never wanting to increase wages and our economy starts to plummet.
You would also lose spending. Mexicans come here, work their asses off and spend their money. So they contribute by doing shitty jobs no one wants (good for businesses that employ them) and their earnings go right back into the economy. If racist assholes were interested in facts instead they can look at the studies that show immigration is a net positive for the economy instead of watching Faux news which confirms their bias.

You would also lose spending. Mexicans come here, work their asses off and spend their money. So they contribute by doing shitty jobs no one wants (good for businesses that employ them) and their earnings go right back into the economy. If racist assholes were interested in facts instead they can look at the studies that show immigration is a net positive for the economy instead of watching Faux news which confirms their bias.

their spending is less than their income. the main goal for a large portion of them is to save up money so that they can retire back in mexico (or another latin american country that they come from). i personally know more than a few illegal mexican immigrants who are working/saving here so they can buy a big ranch in mexico and live the easy life

Also I think I brought up a great point to all the Bernie supporters.

You guys love the idea of sticking it to employers and forcing companies to pay a fair wage. Reducing income inequality is the holy grail of the Bern.

There is no single action the government could take that would raise wages more drastically than deporting illegal immigrants.

Or do these idiots think we would actually sit around and starve to death?

Mass deportations would reduce the amount of workers, but it would also reduce the need for workers (since you'd also lose the spending of those workers), and it would reduce the value on both ends. The net effect may or may not be positive for labor's share of national income, and national income would be reduced. I think the balance of evidence suggests that it would be a bad thing, though that is not certain. It is certainly not the single best thing the gov't could do that would raise wages. That would be to raise inflation targets first (because any action that raises wages could cause the Fed to raise rates to slow the growth in wages) and then basically any gov't spending would do it in the short term, and infrastructure improvements and increased R&D spending would do it for the longer term (note that infrastructure spending would help both short- and long-term wage growth).

Sorry, posted mine before I read this. I would have just hit "like" and moved on if I'd seen it.

their spending is less than their income. the main goal for a large portion of them is to save up money so that they can retire back in mexico (or another latin american country that they come from). i personally know more than a few illegal mexican immigrants who are working/saving here so they can buy a big ranch in mexico and live the easy life
They spend most of their income, but so what? You obviously can save a little money or send it home and still be a contributor to the economy.

Back