If Donald Trump's immigration plan came true, the results would be scary.

Yes trump is anti LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigration. Just look from where he took his cue from the most anti-immigration there is in the whole USA Mr. Jeff Sessions. He wants to end visa lottery, he wants to end green cards for family members of US citizens, wants to stop guess worker programs and he wants to basically shut the door on all non white immigrants. Trump looks like he will do exactly that that's why his lunatic base love him so much.

Where is the basis to allege that he is against non-white immigrants?

You're too emotional on this issue and it's clouding your judgement. This is the problem with Liberals. I should know, I am one... It's important to look at the facts, Man. And the fact is, he's stated over and over what his intentions are and for the most part, they are reasonable. But somehow, when he says people are more than welcome to enter here legally and only legally, that somehow turns into "Trump hates Mexican People." Which is simply untrue.

I think it is also insulting that all Latinos always get lumped in with Mexico and Mexicans and that some think that they all get along or think universally to hate anyone who is against illegal immigration. Oh and I am sure Mexicans are upset about the fact that illegals from Central America never get called out yet they sneak into mexico by the dozens to begin the journey to America.

Too many of you are in denial. Those jobs would not be filled quickly as most Americans want nothing to do with those types of jobs and they wouldn't do them effectively. They also would demand more money and the prices would skyrocket. Add on top of that Republicans never wanting to increase wages and our economy starts to plummet.

As far as I know there is nothing to suggest that Americans won't do those jobs especially with the number unemployed. I also, don't see how illegal immigrants are somehow more 'efficient' at non-skilled jobs. Republicans universally being against an increase in the minimum wage is an issue though.

In fact there close the border and round up illegals would make a lot more sense if they advocate an increase in MW wage for Americans. Of course though there is the entire scarcity issue of what the efficient level of minimum wage is for the country as a whole and how many jobs would decrease in the short-term and to what the levels in the mid-to long term can be. Especially when we factor in automation of 'easier jobs'. Then we need to factor in the effect it may have on reducing higher waged employees and their wage and or not resulting in the adequate hourly wage increase they deserve.

Too many of you are in denial. Those jobs would not be filled quickly as most Americans want nothing to do with those types of jobs and they wouldn't do them effectively. They also would demand more money and the prices would skyrocket. Add on top of that Republicans never wanting to increase wages and our economy starts to plummet.

what on earth is wrong with wages increasing due to free market economics? Literally no republican would disagree with wage increases due to free market economics.

I was hesitant to use the term "civil war", but couldn't think of a better term att. Perhaps "widespread civil unrest" would be better. Point being, if you tried to forcefully deport millions, who's people make up ~15% of the country, race riots would occur, many law enforcement would die, local economies of places dependent on migrant labor would tank, nationwide protests would occur, etc. It would be like BLM on horsemeat.
WTF ? Are you saying that American Latino citizens will join with illegals and rise up ? They would protest and kill cops ? All because we decided to deport illegals ?

Obama has deported 2.5 million illegals in 7 years.

If Trump actually closes the border he'd just have to increase the current rate of deportations by a factor or 3 or so and by the time he left office every illegal would be deported.

I'm pretty confident the US can handle losing 12 million workers over 8 years considering the Soviets survived losing 40 million in 4.

What would happen in reality is Trump would compromise and only deport those who do not meet a set of requirements to be integrate into society in some legal manner. Oh and this entire time we are taking in millions of legal immigrants willing to pick oranges.

WTF ? Are you saying that American Latino citizens will join with illegals and rise up ? They would protest and kill cops ? All because we decided to deport illegals ?

I don't get why Latinos have all of a sudden become one big happy family in politics? Do people really think Ecuadorians or Mexicans give two shits about Cuban exiles in Miami? Its a massive and diverse community its not like all Latinos have secret Tuesday meetings and decide what their agenda is for the week.

As far as I know there is nothing to suggest that Americans won't do those jobs especially with the number unemployed. I also, don't see how illegal immigrants are somehow more 'efficient' at non-skilled jobs.

Wrong.

EDIT start at 6:06

If Trump actually closes the border he'd just have to increase the current rate of deportations by a factor or 3 or so and by the time he left office every illegal would be deported.

I'm pretty confident the US can handle losing 12 million workers over 8 years considering the Soviets Survived losing 40 million in 4.

How very ignorant

Last edited:
I don't get why Latinos have all of a sudden become one big happy family in politics? Do people really think Ecuadorians or Mexicans give two shits about Cuban exiles in Miami? Its a massive and diverse community its not like all Latinos have secret Tuesday meetings and decide what their agenda is for the week.

Spanish. You don't get how Latinos think. They have levels of trust. You speak Spanish you go up in a trust level. You don't, you go down.

Yeah they absolutely do get lumped together. And im surprised at how many assume that there arent many latino citizens who are against illegal immigration as much as anyone else. Just ask someone who put in all the time, effort and money to become a citizen how they feel about giving people who came here illegally a free pass.

Wrong

How very ignorant

What? That have already deported millions of immigrants over the last decade? That we take in over a million legal immigrants yearly? Or that If we closed the border you would need to deport about 1.5 million illegal immigrants a year over 8 years to deport the vast majority of illegals currently here?

Or the fact that nations have survived the loss of many tens of millions of workers over a much shorter period of time and were able to recover within 3-4 years after these disasters?

The US itself has survived deporting millions of immigrants after WW2 with a population 45% the size we currently have.

The US has 310+ million people. Deporting 12 million over 8 years wouldn't even lead to a net population loss we would effectively achieve a steady population for a decade and continue growing as soon as deportations stopped.

Plus Trump isn't going to deport every single illegal immigrant anyway.

Edit: Also you are right Americans are not going to pick fruit for $5 a day.

They will however pick fruit for $15 an hour.

Isn't this what you want your a Bernie supporter for Christ's sake

By deporting virtual slave labor you finally force corporations to pay a fair wage to laborers.

I will say this, though... Many of Trumps supporters are racist and hate Hispanic People. That is abundantly clear. I just don't believe he does, nor have I seen any evidence for that being the case. Only the opposite, in fact.

Not an all/nothing thing. But certainly a trend towards more violence, communities being torn apart, etc. You take a sample size of several million, itself being a subset of a much larger sample size, and try to forcefully remove the subset from the dis gram altogether, there will be a fair amount of collateral damage.

I will say this, though... Many of Trumps supporters are racist and hate Hispanic People. That is abundantly clear. I just don't believe he does, nor have I seen any evidence for that being the case. Only the opposite, in fact.

He's probably not a racist. I think when Trump looks at people his brain just processes them as stacks of money at varying heights.

He's probably not a racist. I think when Trump looks at people his brain just processes them as stacks of money at varying heights.
I think you're absolutely right for the most part. Though, I have seen flashes of him being a very considerate person as well...

If trump ran with a D in front of his name instead of an R it would be like stepping into the twilight zone. Trump's whole life is about comprising to get the best deal done, and he knows he can only do what he can get congress to support. But because he is on the other side now he is going to be constructing a 100 foot high wall with trebuchet's to launch immigrants back over.

If trump ran with a D in front of his name instead of an R it would be like stepping into the twilight zone. Trump's whole life is about comprising to get the best deal done, and he knows he can only do what he can get congress to support. But because he is on the other side now he is going to be constructing a 100 foot high wall with trebuchet's to launch immigrants back over.
There's a lot of truth here.

Also I think I brought up a great point to all the Bernie supporters.

You guys love the idea of sticking it to employers and forcing companies to pay a fair wage. Reducing income inequality is the holy grail of the Bern.

There is no single action the government could take that would raise wages more drastically than deporting illegal immigrants.

Or do these idiots think we would actually sit around and starve to death?

maaaaan....i just find it hard to swallow that a guy who was roasted by the likes of snoop dog on a comedy central roast, and who carries himself like a pompous arrogant prick most of the time, could be the next american president....it will be the ultimate LOL moment in history.

Back