If donald had stayed at jacksons mma, would the outcome be the same?

It's funny people say dumb things like "he was paid not to take the fight to the ground"

First, his take downs kind of suck...really

Second he tries to keep the fight standing, raaaaarely does Donald take the fight to the ground. This is not a secret. No matter how better his ground game is than his opponent and no matter how worse his stand up is than his opponent...his gameplan always seems to be stand and bang.

Third, when he ducked the punch it almost looks like he maaaay be thinking of attempting a takedown but catches Conor's thigh
Newb. Try and watch some of his fights with his level changes

Lets just say he finally gets the attention back from jackson and winkle -john because its the McGregor money payday theyre all in on.

Would cowboy have lasted longer? (Yes i know the fixed fight conspiracies)

I feel since he left jacksons his camp methods are not at the same tier.
It would have been 5 rounds of that kick on the knee thingy and moving away.

I interpret it as Cowboy half going through a motion and then stopping himself.

You think? I can see how people feel that way, who knows maybe you're right. Bump this thread once cowboy releases his tell all book

no, he was paid to not take the fight to the ground anyway.
same result.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

The opening sequence looks soooo much like CM Punk vs Mick Gall!!
<JerryWWF>

Another fight camp with notoriously poor boxing technique and fundamentals in general with Winklejon and Gibson?

Yeah, no

For me, as @Sonny Qc also mentioned, he made a decision not to take Conor down, for whatever reason.

It looked a lot like this...
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Except Donald didn't complete the TD and embarrass Conor, didn't do anything in the clinch, flopped as soon as he got hurt, and turtled up without an ounce of fight in him.

Totally normal for a fighter known for his toughness and fight IQ.
With how much was on the table for Conor needing a win in his comeback, Cowboy was paid to fight like shit.

The UFC obviously learned with Rousey, because Nunes wasn't taking a dive and ended up retiring Ronda.

Company man Cowboy was more than happy to take a big payday to lose the fight.

Cerrone choked in every big fight he's been in against top quality opponents. It's just who he is.
Every single time. It’s not a shock at this point anymore at all.

remember when cow said he left jacksons cuz the striking coach was a joke?

How was the fight shady? There was literally nothing in how the fight played out that was shady, if you're being objective.
Well he left his head in the same spot to get shouldered 4 times in a row, that's a little odd in itself. The fact that a fight at at 170 against Cowboy has title implications at 155 is super shady and from a competitive standpoint dishonest. Cowboy agreeing to only stand. Conor and Cowboys behavior before the fight.I Imn saying the fight was fixed, but I wouldn't be surprised.

The whole thing is a shit show. I mean Conor is fighting another LW at WW because he doesn't feel like cutting weight. Its like the UFC isn't even making an effort anymore to appear legit. In summary, it's all shady.

Last edited:
no, he was paid to not take the fight to the ground anyway.
same result.

And that's why I think it's a little Shady... He could have Mickey Gall'd him right there.
At no point was Donald in on a double leg. His right arm ends up in between conor’s leg as a result of conor’s lunge and before Cerrone would be able to adjust and try to go for a double, Conor already had bicep control on that same arm

there’s nothing shady whatsoever about this gif.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back