If donald had stayed at jacksons mma, would the outcome be the same?

For me, as @Sonny Qc also mentioned, he made a decision not to take Conor down, for whatever reason.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

It looked a lot like this...
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Except Donald didn't complete the TD and embarrass Conor, didn't do anything in the clinch, flopped as soon as he got hurt, and turtled up without an ounce of fight in him.

Totally normal for a fighter known for his toughness and fight IQ.

It's clear Donald didn't catch any grips and that after he ducked under the punch mac is already separating

It's clear Donald didn't catch any grips and that after he ducked under the punch mac is already separating
I interpret it as Cowboy half going through a motion and then stopping himself.

I feel since he left jacksons his camp methods are not at the same tier.

This isn't 2010 anymore, Jackson/Wink is pretty much a dead camp outside of Jon Jones. Their third best fighter might be Mike "I'm not even a gate keeper" Perry.

Lets just say he finally gets the attention back from jackson and winkle -john because its the McGregor money payday theyre all in on.

Would cowboy have lasted longer? (Yes i know the fixed fight conspiracies)

I feel since he left jacksons his camp methods are not at the same tier.

First of all, 40 second fights are not typical. I would bet all the money in Trumps Russian bank account that rematches of fast knockouts will not repeat as fast the 2nd time around...so the initial question of would cowboy last longer is kinda ridiculous.

Now to get to the nitty gritty, I'd say Jackson Wink would suggest a "strategy"....and strategies "usually" entail using your strong point against your opponents weak point. And since Cowboy is a much better grappler that Conor, I'd say the strategy would be to be defense minded and wait for the opprtunity to grapple.

I interpret it as Cowboy half going through a motion and then stopping himself.
I feel like he did this because he felt it would be a bit queer to take Conor down at the first hurdle after all he had spouted about doing the opposite. Also probably felt he could control the clinch in general. Conor's base looks decent there anyway

How was the fight shady? There was literally nothing in how the fight played out that was shady, if you're being objective.

*timestamped

The fighter with the most wins & most finishes in UFC history, throws 0 punches and lands 0 strikes in the biggest fight of his entire career

But he seems very lighthearted and jovial after taking such a severe beating, the worst, most embarassing loss of the many in his career

*timestamped

giphy.gif

A script is a script no matter where you read it.

no, he was paid to not take the fight to the ground anyway.
same result.

It's funny people say dumb things like "he was paid not to take the fight to the ground"

First, his take downs kind of suck...really

Second he tries to keep the fight standing, raaaaarely does Donald take the fight to the ground. This is not a secret. No matter how better his ground game is than his opponent and no matter how worse his stand up is than his opponent...his gameplan always seems to be stand and bang.

Third, when he ducked the punch it almost looks like he maaaay be thinking of attempting a takedown but catches Conor's thigh

*timestamped

The fighter with the most wins & most finishes in UFC history, throws 0 punches and lands 0 strikes in the biggest fight of his entire career

But he seems very lighthearted and jovial after taking such a severe beating, the worst, most embarassing loss of the many in his career

*timestamped

giphy.gif

When the fuck did he have a chance to throw a punch? He's never ever shitty after a loss. Like these are all real thin fucking reasons to say its a work

Most people didnt see it going out of the first round, and that was correct. Not sure camp would matter.

And that's why I think it's a little Shady... He could have Mickey Gall'd him right there.
GOAT takedown Gall showcased against GOAT TDD, hilarious.

Eating a light thigh to the head is part of a double leg... Literally impossible to avoid, and the replay made it look worse.
Reportable post via heresy against Gracie law. {<hhh]

When the fuck did he have a chance to throw a punch? He's never ever shitty after a loss. Like these are all real thin fucking reasons to say its a work

41 seconds was plenty of time to "blow the roof off the place"

didn't say it was "a work" BTW

For me, as @Sonny Qc also mentioned, he made a decision not to take Conor down, for whatever reason.

[gif deleted]

Except Donald didn't complete the TD and embarrass Conor, didn't do anything in the clinch, flopped as soon as he got hurt, and turtled up without an ounce of fight in him.

MMA striking has evolved to handle all kinds of martial styles.<Ellaria01>

41 seconds was plenty of time to "blow the roof off the place"

didn't say it was "a work" BTW

Lol no...it's not. Not when the last 20 seconds of that is spent on the ground getting your face punched in, and the first 20 seconds was you catching a flying knee (thigh), a few shoulders to the face that breaks your nose, and a head kick square in the jaw

Lol no...it's not. Not when the last 20 seconds of that is spent on the ground getting your face punched in, and the first 20 seconds was you catching a flying knee (thigh), a few shoulders to the face that breaks your nose, and a head kick square in the jaw

giphy.gif

The Gym won’t take the choke out of the fighter..

Cerrone has literally been know for not having a good fight IQ. This has been a thing for years. "I don't watch tape of my opponents" is something he's said and been judged on several times. You're making things up to fit your argument. Again, catching a flying thigh whatever, a few shoulders to the face that break your nose, and a head kick sqaure to the jaw...and you fall....that's not flopping

Jesus christ the narrative people are trying to attach to this

Jackson didn't do anything with cowboy so yeah
Century Creed Short Focus Mitts
•Apr 2, 2013

Century Martial Arts
17.6K subscribers

Explore the new Creed line in depth with video from two of the best coaches in the MMA industry -- Greg Jackson and Mike Winkeljohn, 360 degree product views and an extensive image gallery. www.CenturyCreed.com • Triple layer foam padding combines micro cell high density foam with EPE foam to absorb strikes with ease while offering an ultra-light feel • Rigorously tested and developed at some of the top MMA schools in the world including Jackson/Winkeljohn MM

Jackson / Winkeljohn cutting edge... "BAR NONE."<{Heymansnicker}>

Back