If donald had stayed at jacksons mma, would the outcome be the same?

Uke

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Lets just say he finally gets the attention back from jackson and winkle -john because its the McGregor money payday theyre all in on.

Would cowboy have lasted longer? (Yes i know the fixed fight conspiracies)

I feel since he left jacksons his camp methods are not at the same tier.

Classic slow starter Vs fast starter fight.

Cerrone has enough experience by now regardless of which camp he's at.

no, he was paid to not take the fight to the ground anyway.
same result.

SingleUnripeLeafbird-size_restricted.gif

Classic slow starter Vs fast starter fight.

Cerrone has enough experience by now regardless of which camp he's at.
While I think the fight was a little shady, Melvin Guillard, amongst many others have had Cowboy in serious trouble early in the first round...

LoneMildCottonmouth-size_restricted.gif

same result.

And that's why I think it's a little Shady... He could have Mickey Gall'd him right there.

While I think the fight was a little shady, Melvin Guillard, amongst many others have had Cowboy in serious trouble early in the first round...

How was the fight shady? There was literally nothing in how the fight played out that was shady, if you're being objective.

Cerrone does need a change. A coach to change his approach and strategies.

Firas is the man.

Cerrone does need a change. A coach to change his approach and strategies.

Firas is the man.
He needs bellator. I believe his days as an elite fighter are over. Ive been seeing it the last few years really but its gotten much worse.

He still would've lost, it just would've lasted longer and looked less pathetic. What happened was a joke.

How was the fight shady? There was literally nothing in how the fight played out that was shady, if you're being objective.
For me, as @Sonny Qc also mentioned, he made a decision not to take Conor down, for whatever reason.

It looked a lot like this...
tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Except Donald didn't complete the TD and embarrass Conor, didn't do anything in the clinch, flopped as soon as he got hurt, and turtled up without an ounce of fight in him.

Totally normal for a fighter known for his toughness and fight IQ.

For me, as @Sonny Qc also mentioned, he made a decision not to take Conor down, for whatever reason.

Except Donald didn't complete the TD and embarrass Conor, didn't do anything in the clinch, flopped as soon as he got hurt, and turtled up without an ounce of fight in him.

I think the reason was the thigh to the head, then Conor sprawled to avoid the take down.

He practiced this and there is a video of it (I'll try to link it).

Then it appears Cerrone was trying to setup a clinch/throw, or maybe wanted to walk him back to the cage, but Conor hit him with the shoulders.

tumblr_odd1xxgfPv1qd4esao1_500.gif

Oh, I didn't get that you were kidding. My bad.

I think the reason was the thigh to the head, then Conor sprawled to avoid the take down.

He practiced this and there is a video of it (I'll try to link it).

Then it appears Cerrone was trying to setup a clinch/throw, or maybe wanted to walk him back to the cage, but Conor hit him with the shoulders.
Eating a light thigh to the head is part of a double leg... Literally impossible to avoid, and the replay made it look worse.

Oh, I didn't get that you were kidding. My bad.
I never know if people are being sarcastic here... So many autists have made it hard to answer stuff normally!

<Fedor23>

same result.

I've been doubting the legitimacy of this fight ever since re-watching this particular moment several times. It's just... Inexplicable. Slow starter or not a fighter does not forget a technique he's drilled over and over and I've seen enough Cerrone fights to tell that his takedowns are pretty damn good. I mean what the actual fuck? Touching Conors jockstrap is best he could do? Speechless.

Cerrone choked in every big fight he's been in against top quality opponents. It's just who he is.

Back