If Cyborg/Rousey was booked and Cyborg missed weight...

lol @ Ronda most likely never leaving her house again yet people still talk about her

Based on?
Have you seen the vid of her cutting when she made 140? It was a brutal cut for her.

Based on the fact she Chooses to maintain her muscle mass. It's no secret she's jacked. She could drop a few pounds and then the cut wouldn't be so bad

I joined the site in 2004.
So you've just hopped bandwagon to bangwagon huh? Machida Era and Brock being GOAT. Now you've got Rousey and Conor to nuthug. At least your evolving.

Cyborg isn't the one you should worry about making weight in this scenario...

Has cyborg ever missed weight for a fight?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2009/04/16/josh-barnett-rips-cris-cyborg

Her victory is hollow and her turning a blind eye to her lack of professionalism is deplorable. Never once was an apology uttered. Never once did I see one act of accountability. I don't know how to say it in Portuguese but, Cyborg is deserving of no respect and no praise. If you were ever a fan, I'd find someone of better character and better heart.

So you've just hopped bandwagon to bangwagon huh? Machida Era and Brock being GOAT. Now you've got Rousey and Conor to nuthug. At least your evolving.

All youve done is make shit up and assume.

Based on words that formed sentences that came out of her mouth.

Based on words that formed sentences that came out of her mouth, she also cannot make weight. Based on observable evidence, she could not make weight without some long term changes to her body. It isnt just a matter of cutting

By a few pounds, say she comes in at 138 or 139, do you guys think Ronda would agree to fight like 99.9% of fighters do while recieving 20% of Cyborgs purse?

Or would Ronda take the cowards way out and use the extra 3 pounds as an excuse to keep on ducking?

I don't think she would fight.
Actually. it would be the perfect way out for ROnda. She agreed to fight, but Cyborg didn't make weight.

Besides, we know Ronda does not have the need to prove she is the best.
Example: She believes she could beat any BB in BJJ, but refused to enter any competition to prove it.

Mind you though: This is not a slight on Ronda. It is just the way it is.

Some fighters like to prove themselves. Some doesn't have this need.

She belongs to the latter group.

Based on the fact she Chooses to maintain her muscle mass. It's no secret she's jacked. She could drop a few pounds and then the cut wouldn't be so bad

Is your avatar what looks like a guy climbing a telephone pole with some symbol over it?

Just make the fight at 140. But we all know Ronda doesn't want that fight anyway.

I don't think she would fight.
Actually. it would be the perfect way out for ROnda. She agreed to fight, but Cyborg didn't make weight.

Besides, we know Ronda does not have the need to prove she is the best.
Example: She believes she could beat any BB in BJJ, but refused to enter any competition to prove it.

Mind you though: This is not a slight on Ronda. It is just the way it is.

Some fighters like to prove themselves. Some doesn't have this need.

She belongs to the latter group.

Agreed. Ronda is simultaneously extremely confident and insecure. A lot of people are like this, myself included in some areas. She believes she is the best at many things, and has some evidence to support some of those claims, but she is afraid of the "what if". I think it's the same reason she may not return. In my opinion she still believes she is the best, she believes she would be the champ again and would beat Holm if matched up, but the thought of another failure is unbearable to her ego.

By a few pounds, say she comes in at 138 or 139, do you guys think Ronda would agree to fight like 99.9% of fighters do while recieving 20% of Cyborgs purse?

Or would Ronda take the cowards way out and use the extra 3 pounds as an excuse to keep on ducking?

The latter all day!

She should refuse the fight on principle.

In her position I'd assume Cyborg never intended to make weight and just wanted more of a size advantage without enduring the cut.

But seriously, how much "size" can you even give over 3lbs?

LOL!!

Ronda has already discussed the issue of Cyborg possibly showing up overweight in the past. She knows it's a real possibility Cyborg would do it on purpose.

But shell fight Gina at 145?

Again, ronda being full of shit/ducking.

Based on words that formed sentences that came out of her mouth, she also cannot make weight. Based on observable evidence, she could not make weight without some long term changes to her body. It isnt just a matter of cutting

Your knowledge of weight loss is sub standard. Cyborg doesn't need to cut weight. She needs to lose it, permanently and reduce her walk around weight, which means some of the muscle she actively maintains needs to be let go.

Based on?
Have you seen the vid of her cutting when she made 140? It was a brutal cut for her.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. I see your point, yet at the same time her and her nutritionists have said before that there is no way she could make it. Hell, I dunno, maybe she could, but I see no reason to be sure she could without drastic long term weight cutting

You really can't think of one reason why she might not make 135?

I can because it's the most obvious one.

:>

Minute-Maid-Orange-Juice-59oz-Carton-Printable-Coupon.jpg

Ronda is in no shape to fight in 135. More like 205.

But seriously, how much "size" can you even give over 3lbs?

LOL!!

It amazes me how little most Sherdog members know about weight cutting.

Failing to make weight by three pounds does not represent a three pound advantage in the cage.

Do you understand this or do I need to explain in more detail?

It amazes me how little most Sherdog members know about weight cutting.

Failing to make weight by three pounds does not represent a three pound advantage in the cage.

Do you understand this or do I need to explain in more detail?

draw him a picture.

Your knowledge of weight loss is sub standard. Cyborg doesn't need to cut weight. She needs to lose it, permanently and reduce her walk around weight, which means some of the muscle she actively maintains needs to be let go.

You are so quick to talk shit without reading comprehension. Yes, I am well aware of this. These are the body changes I was talking about. However, those changes are hard to reverse, so what you are suggesting is her making a long term sacrifice of what she has worked hard to get, for the sake of one fight, or to do so permanently. Perhaps she doesn't want to make permanent, or near permanent changes?

Now since you have a hard time understanding, Ill make it clear. I am not saying this one fight wouldnt be worth it, but that is something only she can prioritize and she may not be willing to take months to drop muscle, to then have a brutal weight cut, to then take a couple years to build back up to the weight she obviously prefers to be at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back