If Cyborg/Rousey was booked and Cyborg missed weight...

Based on?
Have you seen the vid of her cutting when she made 140? It was a brutal cut for her.

EDIT: Just saw your last post. I see your point, yet at the same time her and her nutritionists have said before that there is no way she could make it. Hell, I dunno, maybe she could, but I see no reason to be sure she could without drastic long term weight cutting
She cut to 139. Truly terrible cuts don't end up 1lb less than they have to be.

Now how about we discuss the fact she is 12lbs heavier today than she was when she ran from the UFC.

She weighed between 160-165 lbs for her catch weight fight against Leslie Smith who I highly doubt cut for the fight since she's really a 125er and looked soft at the weigh in. That's a 20-25 lb weight difference.

Im not saying for a fact you are wrong, but I am highly skeptical of a 140 lber gaining 25 lbs in one day. By what evidence?

Im not saying for a fact you are wrong, but I am highly skeptical of a 140 lber gaining 25 lbs in one day. By what evidence?

This is what he told a reporter for ESPN. Actually my math was a little off and the added weight was a little more.

Well, it isn't exactly evidence, since it is what one person (journalist) said about what another person said (her nutritionist), about what weight she was expected to weigh in the cage.
However, if it is true that her nutritionist said that, then it likely came out at least close to the truth.
Cyborg herself says she is 171-172 training with a 6pack and extreme low levels of body fat.

She used to be 160.

Well, it isn't exactly evidence, since it is what one person (journalist) said about what another person said (her nutritionist), about what weight she was expected to weigh in the cage.
However, if it is true that her nutritionist said that, then it likely came out at least close to the truth.

I would say the guy responsible for her weight has a pretty good idea about her weight, yes.

Cyborg is roided up freak, she needs to tone down the roids and take EPO or something.

I've just given up on hoping this fight ever happens.

Cyborg herself says she is 171-172 training with a 6pack and extreme low levels of body fat.

She used to be 160.

Yes, but the key word there is "training". I know she is over 170. The point was not training weight but cage weight. Its not common for a fighter to rehydrate 25 lbs in a day, much less at that weight.

I would say the guy responsible for her weight has a pretty good idea about her weight, yes.

Yeah, my question mark was more in regards to "the journalist said that he said". It would not be the first time a journalist has falsely reported what a fighter or other involved party said. However, again, Im only saying its not bulletproof. Realistically, I know that she likely was close to that predicted weight.

In any case, Im off to take care of some things. Thanks for the rare respectful disagreement. You guys raised some good points.

Yes, but the key word there is "training". I know she is over 170. The point was not training weight but cage weight. Its not common for a fighter to rehydrate 25 lbs in a day, much less at that weight.
It is for some people. The thread is about Cyborg making weight. Cyborg used to be in training shape at 160, she is now 172 in training shape.

She made 140. Drop some of the weight she added, make 135.

If she has no desire to she should not do it. But the problem is her calling out 135ers while refusing to make the weight and acting they they are the reason fights can't happen. Cyborg is the reason. Go to 135 or stop talking about 135lb girls.

inventing a hypothetical example where borg misses weight to rag on ronda? lol. c'mon. it's troll shit.

OP

troll-2.jpg

Also cyborg never really wanted the Rousey fight. She just wanted to use Rondas name to make more money.

She wanted it at 145 all roided up.

That's an interesting fact not often brought up. When Ronda and Cyborg agreed to a 145 lb fight for late June/early July of 2012, Cyborg was juiced to the gills.

First of all Rousey wants 0 of Cyborg as she knows Cyborg would crush her like a bug. If you think Rousey got a beating from Holm it's nothing like what Cyborg would do to her. Remember Gina Carano was the dominating female fighter of her time til she met Cyborg in the cage. Just look at Gina's face when the ref stopped the fight and she roles over that's the face of a fighter that has been beaten to a pulp. After that fight we can all say Cyborg beat Gina so bad she retired from MMA forever. If Cyborg were to fight Rousey you could expect the same.
10000821.gif

Back