If Conor isn't all business he'll end up on his ass.

It's got all the hallmarks of Siver digging in and grinding out a result. The guy's been in the UFC for ages now, he knows what he is doing.

I'm waiting for sherdog to just be extinct when silver lands a shot. One of most disrespectful fights I've seen talked about and promoted

Disrespectful? What do you expect Siver to do in this fight? I like him, but he's severely outgunned and an underdog for a reason. He hasn't stopped a fight in four years.

I have seen nothing that leads me to believe he will beat Aldo.

I'm a rather objective person when it comes to fights.

He has better boxing, more fluid movement, and much more power.

Aldo has better Muay Thai, and is faster.

Both ground games are a bit of a wash, I expect a standup battle. McGregor will have four inches of reach, and Aldo would have to change his stance to land solid leg kicks. Not saying he can't, just worth noting.

Knowing this, and thinking the fight would be in Dublin combined with Conor's finish rate, a 3rd round KO isn't too far fetched.

He has better boxing, more fluid movement, and much more power.

Aldo has better Muay Thai, and is faster.

Both ground games are a bit of a wash, I expect a standup battle. McGregor will have four inches of reach, and Aldo would have to change his stance to land solid leg kicks. Not saying he can't, just worth noting.

Knowing this, and thinking the fight would be in Dublin combined with Conor's finish rate, a 3rd round KO isn't too far fetched.

Bolded is bullshit. Aldo is a powerhouse.

Bolded is bullshit. Aldo is a powerhouse.

Against lesser competition he has had more decisions compared to Conor. Credit to the Korean Zombie and Mendes finishes as of late but needless to say Conor has immense power. I think more than Aldo. If you don't see it that way, we're just at a disagreement then. Maybe much more power was a bit presumptuous. The power edge, lies with McGregor.

Siver may be a little long in the tooth, and he might have a very obvious set of tools, but he can take a shot, he has good solid power, and he engages in a brawl.

Conor has a tendency for showboating techniques and baiting firefights, and his defense suffers as a result. Let's not forget he got tagged with counters a number of times in his last fight, shots that shouldn't have popped him. I think if he doesn't come in looking to make a short night, he could well find himself getting stung with one of Siver's wild & loopy counter hooks.

Personally, I think Siver's "flicking" style he has with kicks is going to be his downfall in this fight because it's almost like he's just point fighting with them, they don't threaten, but I won't be shocked if Conor gets caught because he is forgetting to keep his hands up or move outside the pocket.

I disagree with the part about Connor getting tagged a number of times and such (I only recall Poirer landing one decent/good shot), but I agree with your Bill Hicks fandom.

As quickly as Connor has been ending fights, I wouldn't worry about that too much, and it seems like he trains his dick off for every fight.

Connor destroys Siver, Edgar vs Connor for the title shot makes the absolute most sense. Both guys are on hot streaks.

The problem being is that Frankie Edgar is one of the finest fighters on the planet and Cub Swanson is a similar extremely talented striker and black belt that he just fucking savaged. There's a damn good chance Edgar stops Conor and everyone knows it.

The UFC isn't stupid. Conor getting the belt, even once, is huge for them. If he beats Siver (and he ought to but you never know) he'll get that title fight without having to go through some of the hardest tests he'll ever have. And Aldo will be the toughest fight of his life for sure.

If he manages to win and get the belt, there's no more claims of protection, no more overrated, no more talk of him being all hype. No one is all hype with a belt around their waist. But then the wolves come and he'll be facing Edgar next without question. If he has the steel for it, he'll send everyone home with a L. If he doesn't, he won't last long and a better fighter will rightfully take his place.

Better than being a passive pussy like you. Conor would be disgusted by your behavior.

You're embarrassing yourself. Stop talking.

You're embarrassing yourself. Stop talking.

Care to elaborate? That guy was talking nonsense and then when I presented him with a response to his nonsense he replied with something unrelated to the topic and instead tried to just make fun of me. Therefore he was dodging the conversation (likely because he didn't want to admit he was wrong) and was trying to insult me instead. I.e He was being a passive pussy.

Do you have a problem with any of this?

The problem being is that Frankie Edgar is one of the finest fighters on the planet and Cub Swanson is a similar extremely talented striker and black belt that he just fucking savaged. There's a damn good chance Edgar stops Conor and everyone knows it.

The UFC isn't stupid. Conor getting the belt, even once, is huge for them. If he beats Siver (and he ought to but you never know) he'll get that title fight without having to go through some of the hardest tests he'll ever have. And Aldo will be the toughest fight of his life for sure.

This is what I constantly say, he's being protected from the top contenders of the division. This Siver fight for a title shot is proof.

Give him a striker he can style on and hype people for a match with Aldo. I don't see him beating Aldo, but it's MMA.

Back