If Connor Beats Diaz you cant deny him the LW Title shot

Cant wait for you and your ilk to disappear. Nauseating...

tumblr_myfp3je8eB1rnbxp0o1_500.gif

Conor LW title shot before defending the FW title?

raw

That's the real reason he's still the "145 champion" in all but actually defending it. The UFC is still hoping to set up a 'champ vs champ' superfight and for that to happen McGregor has to be 'the champ.'Without that title by his name he's not really much. He can still sell with his WWE antics but that isn't quite as big as a 'champion vs champion' superfight. I guarantee you he never goes back to 145 and yet he's 'the champion' of that division. That's the reason.

That's the real reason he's still the "145 champion" in all but actually defending it. The UFC is still hoping to set up a 'champ vs champ' superfight and for that to happen McGregor has to be 'the champ.'Without that title by his name he's not really much. He can still sell with his WWE antics but that isn't quite as big as a 'champion vs champion' superfight. I guarantee you he never goes back to 145 and yet he's 'the champion' of that division. That's the reason.
1. Alvarez
2. Aldo
3. GSP
4. Retire

That's the blueprint. It was on the whiteboard in one of the MacLife videos.

Meh if he beats Diaz and defends his title then why not give him a lw title shot? All these fighters talk about moving up in weight but never do. He is willing to so why not let him?
Because all of them have always been told they´d be strapped off their titles, until Conor came along and they let him do it, does that serve you?

I don't like the anti-Diaz sentiment in this thread. Both brothers have always been great. You aren't an MMA fan if you aren't a Diaz fan. Nate is absolutely one of the best Lightweights of all time. His weakness clearly comes against wrestlers. But in terms of fighting ability, he's as good as anyone in LW history. If Conor were to beat Nate in impressive fashion, he'd deserve the shot infinitely more than Alvarez did for failing to take Pettis down.
Same stupid rhetoric... a fighter is great, good, love him, etc. BUT Conor blah blah unzips his pants blah blah. This is so pathetic.

a title shot in a WW fight and irish jabroni coming on a loss???

these mindless nuthuggers are getting more and more illogical by the day.

1. Alvarez
2. Aldo
3. GSP
4. Retire

That's the blueprint. It was on the whiteboard in one of the MacLife videos.

Lol he will never go back to 145. If there was any semblance of the UFC being a real sports league -- and thus consequently in the eyes of many, MMA itself being a sport -- then Aldo would be defending the 'real title' against Holloway with a defense already under his belt in the Frankie rematch.

Oh please! I have no love for Tony but the man deserves a shot at the title. I guess you could argue about the Russian at this point but to say Conor deserves it before either of them is insane.

Benson+Henderson+Drops+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

The last time Diaz was a contender.

I am calling bull on this. You are telling me of the over 100 threads I have made (I believe it is that many), there are none you enjoyed and said to yourself, "damn TS actually knows what he is talking about"?. Be real dude.

Thanks!!! Real recognizes real dude.

Ok maybe comparing you to Malcapinerules is a low blow, but I haven't seen all your threads so I can't say ALL of them, but the greater majority I find less than acceptable

You cant deny he would have deserved the 155 title shot though. He is the only champion who fights frequently. When champions are fighting 1 or 2 times a year he is fighting 3 or 4 times a year. If it wouldnt have been for the 200 fiasco his fight vs Diaz this august would have been the third time he would have fought this year and it is not even over. So yeah if he fights this often I dont see how it cant be denied. He is also the only superstar the UFC has now that Rhonda is doing movies and Brock has been exposed.

Yes you can. He needs to defend his title. Crazy that the title could go undefended for a year when the champion is perfectly healthy and capable of fighting.

Back