If Connor Beats Diaz you cant deny him the LW Title shot

BRuYTMw.gif

Nate and Nick are gatekeepers at best. LoL.
Title contenders are above gate keepers.
But no, he does not deserve one for one Lw win in the ww division.

He would have beaten 1 of the GOATS in Aldo and one of the Greats in Diaz. Also Mendez who has always been known to be a top contender and fought for the belt. Also it would be the biggest superfight available now that Cain is not HW champ and Jones has been exposed. A Khabib vs Connor or Alvarez vs Connor superfight just reeks of Money, Agreed?
Too bad ever since it got confirmed Tony's fighting RDA, the chances of it not being Khabib's boring undeserving ass are slim.. They all tweeted they had fight news didn't they ? If 2 out of the 4 are fighting each other, its gotta be Khabib who got Eddie

UFC slowly becoming a joke

Hell, Barboza is above Khabib in my eyes in terms of who deserves the title shot.. 2 fights in 3 years? Beats RDA and Horcher (years apart mind you), gets TS?

Some of you had the nerve to say who's a Lando? No bitch he's good as hell he'll prove himself- more like who's a Horcher, lmao this is such bullshit I'm mad Tony even accepted the RDA fight he should've demanded a TS I wanna tweet Dana and cuss him out until he blocks me that's how pissed I am lol

Last edited:
He would have beaten 1 of the GOATS in Aldo and one of the Greats in Diaz. Also Mendez who has always been known to be a top contender and fought for the belt. Also it would be the biggest superfight available now that Cain is not HW champ and Jones has been exposed. A Khabib vs Connor or Alvarez vs Connor superfight just reeks of Money, Agreed?
So if he beats 2 FWs and a WW he deserves a LW title, makes sense.

1. Always injured and can go fight RDA
2. Besides Edson who has he beat of note? Can-crusher spree. No different to most of max's run and the spree Matt Brown went on. Also doesn't deserve it after his last showing.
Khabib has never been injured until he got hit with that random plague. He's not consistently getting injured like Pettis, Nog or Cain.

Sure you can. Nate isnt even top 5. Conor didnt pay his dues. There are 8+win steak fighters waiting to fight champs.

He needs to vacate FW belt fight 1-2 LW fights and win then I'd be ok with it.
Also this.

Nate is a good fighter, period. Good skills but game full of holes. So, no. Conor doesn´t deserve any title shot specially at lightweight. If anything, ALDO deserves his rematch and Conor needs to go back there or vacate the title and get in line at lightweight and get his ass kicked by the top 10. Nough said.

Last edited:
nope no disrespect to nate but who is nate? the ufc hyped his ranking he was unranked fought MJ who i believe was top five or just outside top 5 then ufc ranks diaz inside top five while MJ is currently 10th LOL reminds me of the siver situation it be fucked up if they give conor a TS if he beats diaz the fight isnt even at LW he should have to beat at least 5 guys in row at LW before he gets a TS at LW

Let's see how the Diaz fight goes. If Conor wins impressively, the UFC should compare fan interest between potential McGregor/Aldo II and McGregor/Alvarez matchups. I like both of them. I admit, I'm a Conor fan and thus want to see him go for 2 titles. But it's time he defended his title, especially when there's 2 other clear cut contenders at Lightweight.

It sounds like they're setting up Alvarez/Khabib and Ferguson/RDA, so it seems unlikely Conor will get the shot. Khabib would be my last choice to get the title shot, after Conor and Tony, but at least it's not undeserved like Alvarez's shot against RDA and Woodley's against Lawler.

TS has some of the silliest posts on Sherdog, lol

Pretty sure they can deny a guy a LW title shot when A) he has never fought at LW, and B) he has yet to defend his 145 belt once.

now could it happen? sure. UFC has done crazier s**t when awarding title shots, so I would not be surprised at all.

Meh if he beats Diaz and defends his title then why not give him a lw title shot? All these fighters talk about moving up in weight but never do. He is willing to so why not let him?

I don't like the anti-Diaz sentiment in this thread. Both brothers have always been great. You aren't an MMA fan if you aren't a Diaz fan. Nate is absolutely one of the best Lightweights of all time. His weakness clearly comes against wrestlers. But in terms of fighting ability, he's as good as anyone in LW history. If Conor were to beat Nate in impressive fashion, he'd deserve the shot infinitely more than Alvarez did for failing to take Pettis down.

I can, will and already did Deny him the title shot.

/thread

If he loses, can we deny him the FW title?

he's top 20 now, at least, but who cares. Conor beating someone at WW doesn't mean he earns a shot at the LW title. That's foolish. Not saying he won't get one though. UFC is gonna milk him for all he's worth.

Beating a 145lb at 170 doesn't make him top 20 at 155 either.

Back