If CM Punk fights, does it lower the legitimacy of the UFC

It 100% depends on his performance. Even if he doesn't perform well at all they can still just say it was a gift for the fans which most people, myself included, will be fine with. I mean like him or hate him you KNOW you will be excited to watch this dude fight. I have never seen the guy fight in the WWF so I have no idea what kind of athlete he is but this will be fun either way.

He is one of the least athletic men in the WWE that is not a giant obese guy.

GkcCT7B.gif

How humiliating of me! Thanks for letting me off easy though. I could have fact checked that but went for the quick zing.

Still forecasting the downfall of everything!

lol Naturally. I remember how Herschel Walker caused the utter collapse of SF, and how Bobby Lashley has been raining doom down upon Bellator since 2014.

Now if/when CM fights, the end of all combat sports will be nigh.

lol, okay. There's still dickjobs on here that say every single day that PRIDE was better and we know straight up it had zero legitimacy.

i'll never understand why punk couldnt do a few regional fights before hitting the ufc. that could make such a different with the 'jitters' or whatever. although he has wrestled in front of huge stadiums before... if he lands a GTS in an mma fight my brain might explode :icon_chee

I don't think Brooks lower the legitimacy of UFC any further (FWIW, I also think there is a still a good chance he never steps into the cage).

He is clearly in great shape and will have extensively trained with a top camp. If that camp feels he is ready (and their reputation is attached to this), then give the dude a fight.

I remain one of his biggest skeptics, in that I think any decent UFC-level fighter is going to give Brooks one hell of a reality check, but IMHO this is still more legit than bringing in Kimbo or matching Toney against Couture, for example.

One fight or fighter doesn't matter in the big picture. Hopefully Punk brings some new eyes to the more legit fighters/fights. Good for the other fighters.

When has the UFC/MMA ever been legitimate? It's cage fighting.

God damn UFC haters are idiots. Can you not just enjoy mma without crying like a bitch?

i doubt you could hold him and move while you did it

Punk developed his functional strength for WWE, he is not a weak coach potato. But he just isn't much of an athlete at his core. Most men in WWE are stronger and/or more athletic than he is. He looks pretty weak in the muscle chains that fighters usually don't though. Dude has a pencil neck still for one thing.

ITT: People who think he hasn't been training with one of the best coaches in the sport for the last year.

When has the UFC/MMA ever been legitimate? It's cage fighting.

God damn UFC haters are idiots. Can you not just enjoy mma without crying like a bitch?

Well you cant have it both ways I want my freakshow fights and soccer kicks if ufc/mma isnt legitimate.

Punk developed his functional strength for WWE, he is not a weak coach potato. But he just isn't much of an athlete at his core. Most men in WWE are stronger and/or more athletic than he is. He looks pretty weak in the muscle chains that fighters usually don't though. Dude has a pencil neck still for one thing.

Anyone on the current roster in his weight class makes him go into the fetal position. $$$ means different though

What if he's good? Will that lower the legitimacy of TS?

In all seriousness, though, even though I don't expect much from him, I highly doubt he'll be the worst fighter we've ever seen the the octagon.

UFC has put on some pretty craptacular fights over the years.

I never really got all the hate. All fighters started from zero, So is CM. He wants to try fighting just like anyone else. That said, I would have started with a smaller promotion but fact is hes a known name & that means money

I don't think Brooks lower the legitimacy of UFC any further (FWIW, I also think there is a still a good chance he never steps into the cage).

He is clearly in great shape and will have extensively trained with a top camp. If that camp feels he is ready (and their reputation is attached to this), then give the dude a fight.

I remain one of his biggest skeptics, in that I think any decent UFC-level fighter is going to give Brooks one hell of a reality check, but IMHO this is still more legit than bringing in Kimbo or matching Toney against Couture, for example.

Meh. Kimbo did okay. Zuffa has signed worse fighters and kept them longer. He was looking decent against Meathead before the TKO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back