If Anderson were to retire tomorrow, who do you think would become MW champion?

chael sonnen

he might lose it to a superior grappler but i see chael winning the title with his dominant wrestling

Even if Weidman somehow beat Bisping, Chael would come down and run through him.
The only person competitive vs. Chael would be Bisping.

Who has Weidman beaten to by so hyped? God damn...

Anyway, Chael, easy.

Who has Weidman beaten to by so hyped? God damn...

Anyway, Chael, easy.

Apparently beating Mark Munoz (you know that one guy that Hamil knocked out?) and Demian Maia makes you the best in the middleweight division. I didn't know this but according to sherdog this is law.

that title would be a joke just like when tommy gun took it over after rocky retired

Matt Hamill is the true GOAT. He's already beaten Jones, next is Anderson. I mean he ko'd Munoz in ONE round, while Weidman could only do it in TWO... Hamill is the one.

Weidman, assuming Chael wouldn't come back down.

I saw Chael mentioned, and while him coming back to 185 would be a very strong possibility, I don't see him beating Weidman, nor do I see anyone else beating him at 185.

Jacare > Weidman > Lombard. I'm not sure where Rockhold fits in yet, we'll see when he comes back from the injury where he stands.

Anyway, to answer the TS' question, I think it'd be Machida. I think I remember hearing him say he could possibly make 185, and if he did without getting too drained/zapping his cardio, I think he would run MW. If Machida didn't move down, Sonnen and Weidman seem like they'd be top dog, although I'd expect the belt to change hands frequently, unless Machida was champ.

Pretty much this ^ , I'm surprised more people didn't pick Machida, especially since he fights soon.

Geordie "Shadow" Munro;78454765 said:
Pretty much this ^ , I'm surprised more people didn't pick Machida, especially since he fights soon.

When has Machida fought at MW?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back