If Anderson were to retire tomorrow, who do you think would become MW champion?

And why? I think Weidman would be, he can take down and sub great strikers and can out-strike great grapplers.

He bad a close fight against a great grappler in a terrible fight and he beat an over hyped Munoz who has no impressive wins either.

For me this is very easy Weidman. Hes the real deal and hes got the right style. Hes a wrestler.

And why? I think Weidman would be, he can take down and sub great strikers and can out-strike great grapplers.

Probably Weidman, but Bisping would give him a good run for his money

I think there would be a new champ once or twice a year.

luke rockhold would become the UFC champion, by being the SF champion.

Weidman, duh. I've literally never seen him fight and I know it would be him.

Honestly I kinda want this to happen...I love watching the goat but I'm ready for a change..I wanna see anderson fuck up bisping or Weidman then either fight GSP or Bones then retire. I think the top four in MW outisde of Anderson are Weidman, Gegard, Vitor and Chael..Vitor would take the title

Bisping lol. Or Weidman

No one really stands out

The gangster from West Linn would come back down.

Chael would come back down, talk his way into a contender's match, beat Weidman, and get subbed by Lombard or Jacare is his first defense.

This, implying that Weidman has fought neither Lombard nor Jacare prior to attaining the title. Champion would be either Lombard or Mousasi.

is JJ the only light heavy (besides machida/teammates) Ando won't fight at 205? If neither of them have a belt, perhaps he'll finish off his career with a 205 title shot

Back