If Anderson were to retire tomorrow, who do you think would become MW champion?

With Anderson gone I could see Machida dropping down and taking it. Or my man Vitor!

Sonne, Jacare, Lombard, Rockhold, Weidman would all have good shots at being the champ.

I think Vitor wins the ensuing tournament. People saying weidman are on the bandwagon.

There is no one I see winning and holding the belt for more than one defense.

Weidman or Jacare. Can't see anyone beating them, besides each other.

As much as I love Jacare, everyone is going overboard on how legit he will be in the division.

If we waited for the dust to settle not just the first person to touch it I'd say Sonnen if he drops back down or Lombard if he doesn't.

Sonnen or Weidman. Bisping, Lombard and Rockhold are other possibilities. Someone could rise to that level as well.

And why? I think Weidman would be, he can take down and sub great strikers and can out-strike great grapplers.

It's tough to say because not many fighters since the beginning of Anderson's reign has had a string of strong, dominating wins leading up to title contention. Right now my vote would be for Weidman because he has a very strong skillset, however he isn't that proven against the top of the division quite yet.

i predict that anderson will lose the title within the next 24 months. (i'm assuming he doesn't fight in 2013)

Bisping or Weidman

The guy who would be if Anderson stopped ducking him, Weidman.

What has Weidman actually done to earn a title shot? Opened his mouth, said Anderson is scared and a bunch of you idiots believe him. It's playground stuff.

Bisping.......he's a point fighter with great TDD, cardio, boxing and subs. Even though Wandy beat him....hell, Wandy as MW champ in a perfect world.

Back