If AK is most prolific assault rifle then what is most prolific sidearm

But I guess it must be cheap then. It only holds 13 rounds, and hurts the web of the hand.

Hi Power... cheap...
vrmpIQJ.gif

There are 5 used ones, half beat to shit, made by FN at my local Cabelas.... $500 still. A NEW one from Bronwning is upwards of $1000.

Also, for it's time... 13 rounds was incredible when most guns held 7-9 even in 9mm. I believe everyone said that the 1911 was John Browning's blueprint for his masterpiece the Hi Power.

Some history. Browning died before completing the Hi Power however it was finished, I believe very close to his specs, a couple years after his death. It entered service in 1935.

I repeat, it ENTERED SERVICE IN 1935. It's main "competitor" at the time... the 1911 also designed by Browning was the main service pistol of the United States and comes in .45 ACP. The Hi Power, though in 9mm had 13 rounds to the gun rather than the 7 of the 1911.

13 may not seem like much these days when you have the G17 and Berretta carrying near 20 in standard mags but back then.... in a pistol with killing stopping power.

According to Wiki, the British only JUST began replacing the Hi Power with a Gen 4 G17 in 2013. And the reason.... it's weight (steel frame) and the external safety. NOTHING to do with the hit to the web of your hand or the "lack of rounds"

Hi powers alway bite the shit out of my wrists. I absolutely hate them. I have an old Belgian made one and an fn version that is an old military surplus gun.

I was going to say 1911 too but that's a good point about the Browning High-Power. Not the sexiest weapon, but certainly analogous to the AK in this context.

Hi powers alway bite the shit out of my wrists. I absolutely hate them. I have an old Belgian made one and an fn version that is an old military surplus gun.

I've shot a buddy's FN Hi Power and never had a real problem with bite/hurt wrists.

Maybe if you didn't have such small feminine lady wrists this wouldn't be an issue.:redface::p

I've shot a buddy's FN Hi Power and never had a real problem with bite/hurt wrists.

Maybe if you didn't have such small feminine lady wrists this wouldn't be an issue.:redface::p

Right? I've put about 500 rounds through mine without a problem.

I googled sidearms for the Chinese and Indian armies out of curiosity. India uses Glocks, so combined with the popularity in the US that might mean something. I doubt any civilian population other than the US can compete with police and military standard issue, so I'm going with some sort of Glock.

I googled sidearms for the Chinese and Indian armies out of curiosity. India uses Glocks, so combined with the popularity in the US that might mean something. I doubt any civilian population other than the US can compete with police and military standard issue, so I'm going with some sort of Glock.

It seems the primary sidearm of those few Indians officers (both police, military or paramilitary police) authorized to carry a sidearm is this thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_Auto_9mm_1A
640px-Pistol_Auto_9_mm_1A_-_Kolkata_2012-01-23_8779.JPG

Aka, a locally made Browning Hi-Power.

Taking a quick look at the Indian gun forums seems to confirm this.

It seems the primary sidearm of those few Indians officers (both police, military or paramilitary police) authorized to carry a sidearm is this thing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_Auto_9mm_1A
640px-Pistol_Auto_9_mm_1A_-_Kolkata_2012-01-23_8779.JPG

Aka, a locally made Browning Hi-Power.

Taking a quick look at the Indian gun forums seems to confirm this.

Fair enough, I was trying not to "cheat" by just googling the handgun that has sold the most. It was a pretty cursory search.

I think if I had smaller wrists they would stay out of the way of the slide....

The same way ice held every other gun for the past 30 years. I've known other people who got slide bite from high piers too.

It's no big deal as I do t really like high powers anyways. There's much better stuff it there.

Now is there some reason your dropping f bombs and insulting me or are you just having a bad day?

Ps.

A 10 second Internet search will show you that it is fait common. There's a reason a dozen or so places make aftermarket hammers for the high power.

Still not sure why you got so shitty over my experience with the bhp.

What is the sidearm for the Chinese.

I don't see me insulting you or dropping f-bombs like I'm made. I fucking curse like a fucking sailor or fucking Marine. Most everyone in this subforum has probably noticed this.

I'm going to say the Hi Power as well...with others very close behind it like the 1911, or CZ 75. This is taking clones of these firearms into consideration. I would like to see some hard stats on the S&W model 10 which has to be up there. I know there have been upwards of six million made, not including clones. Also would be interested in the stats of guns like the Tokarev TT30 and it's clones. I'm sure there has to be a ton of those out there.

also since we on that topic, what is the most prolific scoped rifle, shotgun, or submachine gun outside the USA? What what kind of sniper rifle would some sniper in a rebel army or insurgency in Africa be using. What kind of shotgun would a South American drug lord's henchmen be intimidating people with? If you are a Triad in Hong Kong, what kind of subgun will you be packing?

Sporting guns I imagine will be much more diverse, so I mainly ask what the underworld elements will be using.

also since we on that topic, what is the most prolific scoped rifle, shotgun, or submachine gun outside the USA? What what kind of sniper rifle would some sniper in a rebel army or insurgency in Africa be using. What kind of shotgun would a South American drug lord's henchmen be intimidating people with? If you are a Triad in Hong Kong, what kind of subgun will you be packing?

Sporting guns I imagine will be much more diverse, so I mainly ask what the underworld elements will be using.

I think this is where you get into the highly unknowable and the highly regionalized. Outside of assault/battle rifles and handguns, the other types of firearms just aren't as commonly in use enough to say with any authority.

That said, in Africa, SE Asia and the Caribbean, most private security personnel at banks and such are armed with a shotgun, usually a Remington 870 or something similar. Otherwise, I don't think I've ever seen a shotgun out in the wild among formal armed forces or armed insurgency groups.

Likewise, SMGs are the province of highly trained national police forces. I've seen MP5s in Europe, Africa and in SE Asia, often in airports and in to a lesser degree in the hands of personal security details of politicians and VIPs, but never, ever in the bush.

Scoped rifles, I've almost never seen. This isn't a role that exists outside of most professional armies and even it were, it's not it'd be highly visible. As inherently inaccurate as the AK is, the rifle is still more accurate than the third world rebel shooter will ever be most of the time. My guess would be that the scoped marksman/sharpshooter role is filled by a scoped G3 rather than a bolt action.

Going back to the original question, in most of the world, you're just as likely to see service revolvers in the hands of most private security as you are a semi-automatic pistol.

Going back to the original question, in most of the world, you're just as likely to see service revolvers in the hands of most private security as you are a semi-automatic pistol.

Which is exactly why I tossed the model 10 in there. Most common revolver in the U.S. makes me wonder how many are out there when you factor in the clones.

Back