****iest staredown of all time

Do you seriously believe that 50,000 people are gonna say "Damnit! they didn't step on the scale then look at each other the way that I wanted them to so the hell with this I'm not going to watch the actual fight!"???? Do you people actually think that the weigh ins sell the ppvs? Do you think even 50,000 people watch the weigh ins? I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys are seriously reaching now.

yeah this is spot on

some of the reactions here are weird as hell

I didn't realize they were supposed to 'do something' at the staredown

Do you seriously believe that 50,000 people are gonna say "Damnit! they didn't step on the scale then look at each other the way that I wanted them to so the hell with this I'm not going to watch the actual fight!"???? Do you people actually think that the weigh ins sell the ppvs? Do you think even 50,000 people watch the weigh ins? I can't believe what I'm reading. You guys are seriously reaching now.

Yeah, but if it was heated a rich man watching it could get interested and buy the PPV to see the fight. After such lame staredown he may not.
This is what the guy could have meant by saying what he said. I'm not saying 50k rich men would buy it, obviously. But you get what I mean.

yeah this is spot on

some of the reactions here are weird as hell

I didn't realize they were supposed to 'do something' at the staredown

The stare down drama definetly affects if a casual fan will buy a ppv or not.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Like, this can't be real. OK I need some of you to READ CAREFULLY.......
For those of you upset that they didn't gaze into each others eyes. There is an event taking place tomorrow night 1/03/15 In Las Vegas Nevada USA. It is called UFC 182. The two guys who didn't stare at each other are the last two to go on. They will be locked in a cage where they can punch, kick, grapple, and beat the hell out of each other for 25 minute or until one is submitted or knocked out. Trust me, it will be awesome. It will be way better than what ever you get out of watching guys on scales looking at each other. Or maybe you enjoy watching guys stare at guys I don't know. They are scheduled and paid to FIGHT, staring is optional.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Like, this can't be real. OK I need some of you to READ CAREFULLY.......
For those of you upset that they didn't gaze into each others eyes. There is an event taking place tomorrow night 1/03/15 In Las Vegas Nevada USA. It is called UFC 182. The two guys who didn't stare at each other are the last two to go on. They will be locked in a cage where they can punch, kick, grapple, and beat the hell out of each other for 25 minute or until one is submitted or knocked out. Trust me, it will be awesome. It will be way better than what ever you get out of watching guys on scales looking at each other. Or maybe you enjoy watching guys stare at guys I don't know. They are scheduled and paid to FIGHT, staring is optional.

Sounds boring. Are they going to be mic'd up during all that?

The stare down drama definetly affects if a casual fan will buy a ppv or not.
This is wrong on so many levels. The most important level is that casual fans tend to not watch weigh ins. Another level is casual fans are drawn in by things like the hotel brawl or getting caught cursing on ESPN. These bonus extra events are designed mostly for the hardcore fan. The casuals don't even know that media day conference calls and weigh ins exists. They barely watch as it is that's what makes them casual.

The Jones hate is ridiculous in you child. DC participated in what? DC didn't turn his back on Jones, he turned it on the AUDIENCE. John faced the crowd, the spectators Dc faced the back wall so how in the hell was that Dc participating and Jon wasting ppv buyers? How do you think you even remotely make sense. So now people won't buy the fight? Based on the weigh ins? What are you high or under 10?
Do i look like some paternal figure who didn't care for you?
Cause im about to do the same.

Yeah, but if it was heated a rich man watching it could get interested and buy the PPV to see the fight. After such lame staredown he may not.
This is what the guy could have meant by saying what he said. I'm not saying 50k rich men would buy it, obviously. But you get what I mean.
No, I Don't know what you mean at all. I know rich folks who skip the theatrics and pay for the fight. There are rich folks who spend crazy money for cage side seats and don't show up until close to the main event. They skip prelims, you think they care about a weigh in? Fight fans casual or regular are fans of fighting, the theatrics are a bonus. No sane person will make a decision to buy or not buy based on a weigh in that most people don't watch anyway.

Do i look like some paternal figure who didn't care for you?
Cause im about to do the same.
This is the internet I have no clue what you look like. If it makes you feel better both of my paternal figures cared for me, they taught me well that's why I have the sense to know that the guy with his back to the crowd isn't participating while the one facing the crowd isn't and it won't affect the ppv sales. You are about to do the same what? Not care for me? You are a random stranger on the internet, I truly don't care what you do. I shouldn't have to explain.....wait, I see shroom in your name, Now I get the lack of common sense in you posts.

I just hope Cormier's emotions don't get the best of him (he has competed at the highest levels but you never know).

Thank god they fight soon. Then we will be able to move on from these stupid threads to all the stupid "XXXXX wuz robbed" and/or "XXXXX wuz lucky" threads.

Funny, that was my exact thought as well. To guys who just looked random ways. WTF?

Leave it to jones to make shit awkward and weird.

God i cant wait to see DC take that belt with EASE.

No, I Don't know what you mean at all. I know rich folks who skip the theatrics and pay for the fight. There are rich folks who spend crazy money for cage side seats and don't show up until close to the main event. They skip prelims, you think they care about a weigh in? Fight fans casual or regular are fans of fighting, the theatrics are a bonus. No sane person will make a decision to buy or not buy based on a weigh in that most people don't watch anyway.

Who is saying it's gotta be a sane person? ;) There are a lot of insane people out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back