****iest staredown of all time

Fairly awkward change-up on DC's part to try and match Jones. Jones gets the weigh-ins W

Jones is a genuinely weird dude, he gets the promotion of a fight practically handed to him due to DC being a good talker and the "bad blood" thing where he's playing the dick and people are buying it big time for the first time in his career, then he comes out with some lame t-shirt throwing bs to the fans and one of the the lamest "don't buy this ppv" staredowns I've seen in a while...

Yeh, Jones bottled it. When he first arrived on stage and looked over at DC pacing around and getting fired up, you could see in his face he wanted no part of it.

Cant wait for this fight.

Yea jones went and thru some shit into the crowd and immediately one of my buddies was like it looked like he wants no part of Cormier and I laughed because that's how it looked. Not saying Jones is scared or anything though thought it was just odd.

Jon just didn't want Cormier to spit in his face I bet.

My internet crapped out for a bit right as Jones stepped on the scale. Frantically went back to watch it and was like "meh."

Was stupid. They were told if anything happened their purses for the fight would be held so they werent gonna do anything crazy.

But they could hvae looked at each other face to face, that would have been good enough.

Who gives a shit about the staredown?!

What are you Dana White w/ a weird pointless obsession w/ dudes staring at each other?

You make money off PPV, a good staredown sells PPV, you'd think these fighters would learn by now that hyping and selling a fight is good business.

Just like when Rogan asks you who you want to fight and they say whoever UFC wants. Learn how to promote yourself.

Silva/Sonnen 2 and Silva/Belfort are still the two best weigh-ins of all time... I wanted to see a more intense staredown for Jone/Cormier.. Ah well...

It was pretty weak but you don't want anything to happen. It was a good job by both IMO.

I don't think it even qualifies as a staredown.

You guys know that this was the least important part of the upcoming fight right?

Quit being such drama queens.

Back