I wonder why Conor is so stiff and robotic when he fights?

If you watch his newest video on Instagram he trains fluidly moving from stance to stance. Because of his great balance and footwork he's never really in a bad position.

I did note that he and condit have employed movement coaches,and as someone who has trained mma myself,i can clearly see the advantages of doing so,and would love to try some of that kind of training myself.

He fights the opposite of what you describe. Youre mistaking an upright posture for "stiff" just because robots happen to have good or upright postures.
I'm just wondering what this guy classes as fluid movement.

well his first mistake is thinking conor should somehow be more orthodox in his striking like a kickboxer or boxer. In MMA you can throw all that shit out the window. Hell even in boxing and kickboxing if you are one of those one in a million as far as exceptional athletic ability. Roy jones when he had full athletic ability in the prime of his life couldnt be beat. Conor seems to be one of those guys,who can get away with alot of crazy improvised moves because of how good of an athlete he is.

he really is good at knowing exactly where he is,he can flow from one move to another and gets directly back to his stance and it makes sense and pays off,unlike Sage's crazy attempt off a missed punch that ultimatley lost him the fight.
A spinning while falling punch? Nah, only Sonnen does that

ugh, Sonnen really screwed the pooch on that one...

lol rda nuthuggers trying to discredit mcgregor standup. your boy is going to get lit up get over it

Sorry to burst your theory but I am not and never was a RDA fan. But I do know that Conor fights stiff with terrible foot movement.

Sorry to burst your theory but I am not and never was a RDA fan. But I do know that Conor fights stiff with terrible foot movement.

hes not a boxer,stop judging him as one. Does he win fights,is he a champion! ah! fantastic.

I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

Only 1 person has ever gone the distance with him. He is fast and hits like a truck. He is accurate as hell. Stop being a troll. It's not working. Not fluid? He is the epitome of fluid. When he came out throwing 1 kick after another at mendes. That is fluid. The guy puts together combos like nobody ever in the ufc..

Only 1 person has ever gone the distance with him. He is fast and hits like a truck. He is accurate as hell. Stop being a troll. It's not working. Not fluid? He is the epitome of fluid. When he came out throwing 1 kick after another at mendes. That is fluid. The guy puts together combos like nobody ever in the ufc..

You sound like a relative of Conor. You just need to stop because it is laughable. Conor is winning fights by brawling but a good fluid type fighter (boxer or kickboxer) he is not.

everyone knows he is stuck in the mud. Come on now.

lol @ comparing Conor to roy nelson,goddamn thats a new one. Polar opposites in every way.

You guys are being trolled

if he was a troll he wouldnt make all these anti stipe threads. if you wanna troll people hard youd throw the full weight of your support around the croat.

I see a simple one two combo. The same repeated combo he always throws ad nauseum. It is like the over hand right by Roy Nelson. Conor is very much the brawler.

Do you think Roy Nelson is a high level boxer or kick boxer.

And lets not forget that he is fighting tiny Dennis Siver in that clip who is essentially the Rin Nakai of the division.

Are you seriously comparing Roy Nelson to Conor McGregor?

Compare how often Nelson lands that overhand right to how many times and how precisely Conor lands his 1-2.

That Also 13 seconds was the craziest thing I've ever seen in the octagon. Shit looks scripted into the drama. I know it wasn't but it seems like it. Straight out of a movie.

Conor is more like a brawler with some punching power for the most part. Nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.

Brawlers get into brawls. You'll never see a brawler as methodical as Conor.

Back