I wonder why Conor is so stiff and robotic when he fights?

I'm not agreeing with TS but what the hell does a 13 second fight proved besides the man can KO someone?

The fact that he can be backing up and still have the balance and positioning to catch someone square on the jaw with a perfect counter shows the type of movement he has. He's not just standing still is he, he's bouncing in and out ready to pounce on any opening he sees.

Conor is winning fights by brawling but a good fluid type fighter (boxer or kickboxer) he is not.
slow-lol-zoom.gif

I think he lets his punches from the chamber very relaxed which helps his counter punching and his power. His stance doesn't have a fluid look due to him planting when he punches. You definitely see his ammy background in his accuracy, and with the front kick he does his bread and butter well.

If you think he is a brawler, you don't know striking.

He has an orthodox boxing background. That can look "stiff."

Say whatever you like, he's put a beating on all your guys

Sorry to burst your theory but I am not and never was a RDA fan. But I do know that Conor fights stiff with terrible foot movement.
One of the things Conor does well is keep range and distance to his avantage. You don't do that without good footwork. You have no idea what you're taking about.

I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

v9Mlqw.gif

Sorry to burst your theory but I am not and never was a RDA fan. But I do know that Conor fights stiff with terrible foot movement.
wow the stupid flows strong within you. Outside of Cruz, conor probably has the best footwork in MMA.

If he doesn't have great footwork why is he always in a great position?

It's like you're denying that 1 and 1 equals 2 because you once saw it written as eleven.

His footwork, movement and awareness are so good that he knows exactly where he is and isn't in trouble. Most of the time, he's walking them down and keeping them at the end of his range where he doesn't have to rely on movement to evade pressure and so we rarely get to see how good his footwork actually is. Those times that we do see him getting pressured is imo when we see him at his sharpest eg Brimage and aldo and that is because of how good his footwork is.

He was injured in the fight vs Mendes. Couldn't move like he usually does. Conor does get his but usually it is to give one of his own.

He must have been injured against Poirier as well then, as he was getting hit in that fight too before his power won out.

Conor is hittable, he just is. Let's not pretend his head movement is dependent on a leg injury. He's still an amazing fighter anyway.

The fact that he can be backing up and still have the balance and positioning to catch someone square on the jaw with a perfect counter shows the type of movement he has. He's not just standing still is he, he's bouncing in and out ready to pounce on any opening he sees.
If anything it proves he has bad defense because an unconscious man busted him open. Aldo's punch landed after McGregor's.

He sacrificed defense for offense and it turned out well for him this time.

Conor's footwork is more like that of Karate's than of a boxer's. I think that is what TS inquiring into. I guess some people somehow assume that if you are a good striker then you should be dancing around like Muhammed Ali. Good striking and boxing footwork are not at all necessarily related.

I know exactly what TS is talking about. I mean sometimes when in watching Artem Lobov fighting I'm thinking his hands are too high and too close to his face which will catch him out at some point.

man...artem is no conor thats for damn sure

If anything it proves he has bad defense because an unconscious man busted him open. Aldo's punch landed after McGregor's.

He sacrificed defense for offense and it turned out well for him this time.
No it proves that Conor is willing to take a shot to land one...do you know how retarded that sounds, you're literally saying "Conor shouldn't have thrown that knockout punch because he put himself at risk to get hit." If he didn't throw that punch from that position he wouldn't have knocked Aldo out.

Conor kind of reminds me of chuck liddell and nick diaz wading in with his hands low like that.

I'm not agreeing with TS but what the hell does a 13 second fight proved besides the man can KO someone?
well.if you were paying attention to the pre fight build up conor said that this was exactly the way he would win.

Back