I wonder why Conor is so stiff and robotic when he fights?

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

You dont have to do things "the right way" to win.

In boxing if you tried to fight like naseem hamed and roy jones youd get creamed..but THEY can do it,cos their exceptionally gifted.

You dont have to do things "the right way" to win.

In boxing if you tried to fight like naseem hamed and roy jones youd get creamed..but THEY can do it,cos their exceptionally gifted.

Roy Jones is a excellent example. My point is that Conor brags continuously about being fluid with his movements but he is almost the exact opposite of that.

He only ever looked stiff in the Mendes fight and we all know why

giphy.gif

Conor is more like a brawler with some punching power for the most part. Nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.

his timing at judging distance is excellent. I guess his wide stance and low hands is to defend the takedown,but also to bait because he counters exceptionally well. His accuracy is excellent.

mcgregor%2B1.gif

Fbreee
I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.
there is a legit tin foil hat video on the web claiming he is a hypnotised govt machine so you may be on to something

his timing at judging distance is excellent. I guess his wide stance and low hands is to defend the takedown,but also to bait because he counters exceptionally well. His accuracy is excellent.

mcgregor%2B1.gif

I see a simple one two combo. The same repeated combo he always throws ad nauseum. It is like the over hand right by Roy Nelson. Conor is very much the brawler.

Do you think Roy Nelson is a high level boxer or kick boxer.

And lets not forget that he is fighting tiny Dennis Siver in that clip who is essentially the Rin Nakai of the division.

Roy Jones is a excellent example. My point is that Conor brags continuously about being fluid with his movements but he is almost the exact opposite of that.

The only fight he's ever looked stiff in was against Mendes.

You call this constant in and out movement stiff?
AngryPossibleEkaltadeta.gif

QuerulousZigzagHarpyeagle.gif

I see a simple one two combo. The same repeated combo he always throws ad nauseum. It is like the over hand right by Roy Nelson. Conor is very much the brawler.

Do you think Roy Nelson is a high level boxer or kick boxer.

And lets not forget that he is fighting tiny Dennis Siver in that clip.

.[/QUOTE]

Firstly i never said Conor is a high level boxer or kick boxer,nor does he need to be,this is MMA. Secondly nothing Conor does reminds me of Roy nelson,or brawling. Thirdly,it doesnt matter who he is hitting in the clip,you can see examples of him doing the same thing in every single one of his fights.

The only fight he's ever looked stiff in was against Mendes.

You call this constant in and out movement stiff?
AngryPossibleEkaltadeta.gif

QuerulousZigzagHarpyeagle.gif

he really is good at knowing exactly where he is,he can flow from one move to another and gets directly back to his stance and it makes sense and pays off,unlike Sage's crazy attempt off a missed punch that ultimatley lost him the fight.

lol rda nuthuggers trying to discredit mcgregor standup. your boy is going to get lit up get over it

He fights the opposite of what you describe. Youre mistaking an upright posture for "stiff" just because robots happen to have good or upright postures.

he really is good at knowing exactly where he is,he can flow from one move to another and gets directly back to his stance and it makes sense and pays off,unlike Sage's crazy attempt off a missed punch that ultimatley lost him the fight.
If you watch his newest video on Instagram he trains fluidly moving from stance to stance. Because of his great balance and footwork he's never really in a bad position.

Back