I wonder why Conor is so stiff and robotic when he fights?

IQSK4Qy.gif

I don't see it. It's unorthodox stance sure, but it's technically sound. He doesn't really overextend and he's always able to move.

You really need to actually watch real boxers and kick boxers if you think that.

You need to stop watching MMA if you can't watch Conor fight without being a little bitch about it.

his timing at judging distance is excellent. I guess his wide stance and low hands is to defend the takedown,but also to bait because he counters exceptionally well. His accuracy is excellent.

mcgregor%2B1.gif
I'd have to say his accuracy is what is his biggest strength. I'm not even sure he's all that naturally powerful. He's just so damn accurate. Same way Anderson made all of his KOs...accuracy.
Anyone who doesn't think this is true just look at Mac Danzig's fading away KO of Joe Stevenson. Mac had about zero brute, natural power but that punch was perfectly accurate.

The only fight he's ever looked stiff in was against Mendes.

You call this constant in and out movement stiff?
AngryPossibleEkaltadeta.gif

QuerulousZigzagHarpyeagle.gif
I'm not agreeing with TS but what the hell does a 13 second fight proved besides the man can KO someone?

I never see boxers or any other really good strikers be as robotic and stiff when they fight. The really good boxers and other strikers usually have very fluid movements along with very good foot work. Conor doesnt have any of that.

Conor seems to have feet that for the most part look like they are stuck in concrete or mud. When he does move it is very robotic and choppy as he doesn't possess that fluid hand or foot speed and movement that you see with boxers and good strikders.

I don't know anything about Conors striking background but what I do know is that he was never a boxer or high level kick boxer that is for sure.

Conor sure talks a good game, but his head movement was nonexistent against Mendes. A good boxer will always be able to land on a fighter with a stiff back/neck, who holds his head straight up like that. I think RDA will land on him easily... but every time you throw against a dynamite puncher like McG, you open up the possibility of eating a missile counter shot.

I guess what you are saying, is that he sucks as a striker despite his results. Which I guess you assume are flukes.

He fights the opposite of what you describe. Youre mistaking an upright posture for "stiff" just because robots happen to have good or upright postures.

More or less this ^^^.

Conor sure talks a good game, but his head movement was nonexistent against Mendes. A good boxer will always be able to land on a fighter with a stiff back/neck, who holds his head straight up like that. I think RDA will land on him easily... but every time you throw against a dynamite puncher like McG, you open up the possibility of eating a missile counter shot.
He was injured in the fight vs Mendes. Couldn't move like he usually does. Conor does get his but usually it is to give one of his own.

The inherent flaw is trying to compare MMA punching to boxing. An MMA fighter can not stand in the boxer's stance. He or she would likely be put on their back in moments. A boxer has the luxury of not worrying about get kicked in the legs or taken down.
The wider MMA stance is conducive to a brawling style of fighting. Some fighters have been able to finesse that by either becoming counter strikers (like Silva) or with timing and range (Like McGregor).

When they banned IVs and he had to start taking Fluids rectally...

Of course he's gonna be a little stiff the next day!

I really like McGregor's style, it reminds me somewhat of Karate/Taekwondo sparring. The only thing is that he tends to miss with his spinning shit, but his punches are super accurate.

I think the karate aspects of his stance and footwork is confusing TS. You can't compare his movement to boxers since he's in a karate stance and moves to and from different positions than boxers. How could he end up moving the same?

I will say he mixes the boxing in with Karate better than most. The very fact that he has TS comparing him to boxers says a lot. He should be being compared to Karate fighters. Wonderboy looks awkward when you see him in front of a boxer because the Karate movements are just not as smooth looking. But with his use of distance and timing, he will KO guys just the same.

Same with Conor, just to a less advanced level.

I know exactly what TS is talking about. I mean sometimes when in watching Artem Lobov fighting I'm thinking his hands are too high and too close to his face which will catch him out at some point.

Conor has great movement but it isn't boxing based - he's more or less a diversified Karate fighter. So he bounces and switches in and out of various stances as he moves.

Oh sweet lord This is awesome is it just me or does the narrator remind anyone of Sherdogger OHM I could just see that butthurt self titled braniac derpstick doing a video just like this.

Wow I think I like Conor even more.

Back