I Wish MMA was more popular

So...why do you wish it were more popular? Are you looking to be able to talk to more people about it, or wish it were popular enough to be more accessible (like not largely gated behind PPVs), or what?

It sounds like you're able to enjoy the sport just fine, which is kind of the point. That's it's not more popular doesn't lessen the enjoyment, I hope.
So we don't have to see washed up MMA fighters in boxing matches to discredit MMA when a youtuber beats them

So we don't have to see washed up MMA fighters in boxing matches to discredit MMA when a youtuber beats them

Look, I know you probably know this, but Ima say it anyway in case you need reminding: the sport's legitimacy doesn't depend on the opinions of morons.

If MMA was 10 times as popular as it is today, there'd still be a social media maven trying to cash in on his popularity by putting on a spectacle...that's not a function of MMA's popularity, it's a function of what YT is and what it caters to.

There'd still be a Ben Askren washing out when he 1) gets old and 2) realizes a one-dimensional game won't survive the modern sport. That guy would still chase the money offered by the YT personality.

The only difference would be that fewer people would take the YT guy seriously, and he might make a little bit less money off the whole thing. And....so? This is where I direct you back to the thing about morons and legitimacy....that doesn't change a thing about how legitimate the sport is.

It might actually make the whole thing even more silly...more people would be calling Paul out, prompting him to an even bigger circus trying to sell his own legitimacy (or the illusion of it).

Seriously, people have got to stop acting like Paul's success or failure somehow validates their love for MMA. You know the sport is legit. I know it's legit. Why are people seeking validation from idiots?

Just re-watched Couture vs Tony and man. Ankle pick and domination. Tony verbally tapped to an arm triangle setup but got dominated. At least we got Silva winning a boxing match... That being said Tony was a dummy and desperate fighting one of the best grapplers of the time. Will we ever see that again? Hopefully the old farts will die off and people realize MMA is more exciting. I watched an MMA fight with an older college and they couldn't believe you could kick their head and asked dumb questions on "wow you can kick the leg? Woah you can knee then?" I guess it's the same shit with kick boxing now.

How can a 2010 account make a thread like this?

Son, your dad is gonna be pissed when he finds you have been hacking his Sherdog

If only MMA was more popular. Imagine how many more threads we’d have about Rogan’s height!!!

Back