I was right, Murray/A.Silva won't happen!

nyba037

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4110569#post4110569

although it wasn't the ufc who got involved, I just knew this fight was to good to be true and that Murray won't risk fighting someone as dangerous as Anderson Silva right now

Anderson Silva celebrates his K-1 debut
Submitted by: Luca Atalla With Rafael Werneck
Posted On 07/21/2004

Brazilian fighters ruled the recent 'Gladiator FC - Episode 1' event held on June 27th in South Korea. One of these Brazilians was Anderson Silva who outlasted Jeremy Horn for a judge's decision. Now, Anderson is training hard for his K-1 debut, scheduled to happen on August 15th in Japan. Now one of the 'Muay Thai Dream Team' leaders, Silva expects to face the Frenchman Cyril Abidi. According to the Brazilian, fighting in K-1 is like a dream come true.

'This will be the fight of my life!' says an excited Anderson. 'I've always dreamed about my K-1 debut. Fighting under K-1 rules is different from anything else. Any mistake is enough to be KOed'.

With regards to his opponent Abidi, Silva confesses he doesn’t know much about him, however, he guarantees he is ready to avoid any unpleasant surprise. 'I'm working very hard to correct my weaknesses and get better every single day. As far as I know, Abidi is a right handed fighter, and I am using many guys like him during my training' stated Silva. Silva also told ADCC that there is nothing to the rumors about a possible fight against Brit Lee Murray, rumored to be scheduled for September 11th in London's Cage Rage 8.

During the Gladiator FC, Silva stepped into the ring wearing a Brazilian Top Team t-shirt, however, he guarantees us he is not thinking about any change. 'I like everyone at BTT. Rodrigo 'Minotauro' and Rogerio 'Minotouro' Nogueira are friends of mine. But in the future, if it is interesting to me and to BTT, I don't see any reason why I might not be part of the Brazilian Top Team. But for now, I represent myself and my family' finishes Anderson.

Sounds good, I'm becoming more of a K-1 fan and having Anderson in the mix increases my interest.

I'm pretty sure that Lee was up for this fight, but aparently there are problems with the Anderson Silva camp, by all accounts.

The guy who was supposed to be getting him to sign the contract in Brazil posted (on here I think) saying that it was all getting set to be signed when Silva got a change of 'advisors' who are against the match.

Hopefully Cage Rage will be able to find Lee a suitable match that will test/prove him.

So NAderson sings with K-1 and that proovs that Murray doesn't wnat ot fight good guys? How do you get that logic?

Ask Murray himself what's the deal. He posts on here a lot and is always gives an honest blunt answer.

Originally posted by black-jack-shalack
So NAderson sings with K-1 and that proovs that Murray doesn't wnat ot fight good guys? How do you get that logic?

I think more n more that Lee Murray is turning into a fraud, he was offered Baroni for ufc 48 but declined, then offered Joe Riggs declinded that and stated Joe riggs wasn't a big name yet choose to fight Curtis Stout as if he's a bigger name then Joe Riggs, then he starts saying he wants Andersen Silva to make it look like he's above the ufc m.w.'s and now this fight is off, I don't kmopw man i might be wrong on this but Lee Murray has to fight already and prove me wrong

nyba037 your a dumbass

Lee told Phil that he would fight him as long as they put their purses on the line and winner takes all, Phil was the one who was silent after that

and Phil doesnt want any of Lee

if Tanner can outstrike Phil what the fuck do you think Lee would do?

stop talking out of your ass when you dont know shit

btw that gif is old, like 2 years old! he aint done shit since!

i will still wait for official confirmation

Originally posted by Takhti
nyba037 your a dumbass

Lee told Phil that he would fight him as long as they put their purses on the line and winner takes all, Phil was the one who was silent after that

and Phil doesnt want any of Lee

if Tanner can outstrike Phil what the fuck do you think Lee would do?

stop talking out of your ass when you dont know shit

btw that gif is old, like 2 years old! he aint done shit since!

i will still wait for official confirmation

not really buddy, Phil accepted that offer but Tanner step in for the rematch, Phil will be more then happy to expose Murray, Phil had 1 bad, if the Baroni that fought menne comes to fight, lee murray would be out in less then 2 minutes

Please take note of my post.

Lee was up for it.

Silva had issues with his management.

Originally posted by Emmet J

Lee was up for it.

any word on when he's fighting next?

bwhahahahahha

how is Phil going to expose Lee?

Phil cant punch his way out of a paperbag

Lee trains with top boxers

besides Lee has a winning record, why should he fight Phil Baroni now, Phil doesnt even deserve to be in the UFC at the moment, he needs to go to the minor leagues and beat some guys first

Originally posted by nyba037
I think more n more that Lee Murray is turning into a fraud, he was offered Baroni for ufc 48 but declined, then offered Joe Riggs declinded that and stated Joe riggs wasn't a big name yet choose to fight Curtis Stout as if he's a bigger name then Joe Riggs, then he starts saying he wants Andersen Silva to make it look like he's above the ufc m.w.'s and now this fight is off, I don't kmopw man i might be wrong on this but Lee Murray has to fight already and prove me wrong

Dude, sometimes it seems like your out to get Lee Murrey. Everytime I look on the forum, if there is something about Lee Murray, you are definitely posting something negative about him.....at first you liked Lee Murray, then he had some beef with your boy Baroni, He supposedly didn't step up, or whatever happened, and now you hate the guy. What's up with that?

Originally posted by Emmet J

Lee was up for it.

That's good to know. I was wanting to see them fight, but I think seeing A. Silva in K-1 will make up for it.

If I was A. Silva, I'd take a K-1 contract over a Gladiator FC fight, any day of the year.

how is Phil going to expose Lee?

he'll khtfo!

Phil cant punch his way out of a paperbag

how would you explain my avatar then?

Lee trains with top boxers

so does Baroni, Dewey Cooper, Montell Griffin amongs others

besides Lee has a winning record, why should he fight Phil Baroni now, Phil doesnt even deserve to be in the UFC at the moment, he needs to go to the minor leagues and beat some guys first

7out 9 of Phil fights have been in the ufc against the best in the world

most of Murray's wins have been against nobody's

Phil lost 80% of those fights so that doesnt mean shit lol

Baroni got worked by a 19 year old fastfood worker in toughman

he has NO boxing skills

Originally posted by underestimated
Dude, sometimes it seems like your out to get Lee Murrey. Everytime I look on the forum, if there is something about Lee Murray, you are definitely posting something negative about him.....at first you liked Lee Murray, then he had some beef with your boy Baroni, He supposedly didn't step up, or whatever happened, and now you hate the guy. What's up with that?

no way i don't hate the guy, i like the guy but i want to see him fight already like everyone else, it's just that he keeps getting fights and for some reason nothing comes out of it, which is making me believe he is not worth the hype he's getting

Phil lost 80% of those fights so that doesnt mean shit lol

Baroni got worked by a 19 year old fastfood worker in toughman

he has NO boxing skills

3-4 = 80% losing record, go brush up on your math buddy

as if Lee Murray would do any better against Lindland

Phil Baroni would get his ass whooped. How is someone from toughman suppose to beat someone with actual boxing skills? Thats like saying Butterbean could beat Lennox Lewis. Some of yall need to put down the crack pipe before you post.

Actually I think Lee could do better against Woogie. He at least tries to submit opponents. That's more than I can say for NYBA.

Originally posted by nyba037
as if Lee Murray would do any better against Lindland

Lee actually has submission skills, plus knees and kicks unlike Baroni.

Lee would mop the floor with Baroni, IMO.

Back