I was right, Murray/A.Silva won't happen!

Originally posted by Ready 2 Rumble
Lee actually has submission skills, plus knees and kicks unlike Baroni.

Lee would mop the floor with Baroni, IMO.

maybe, but he has to accept the fight first

Why do you said so? has Lee ducked Baroni or something like that? I don

Lee is over-rated

The legends in there one minds have developed new skills called !

" a la rickson Group"

ALL TALK AND NO ACTION TAKING GLORY FROM THE PAST

PRESIDENT- RICKSON

VICE-PRESIDENT -FRANK SHAMROCK

LEE MURRAY - SECRETARY?

Originally posted by nyba037
any word on when he's fighting next?

Seems that he will still be the main attraction at Cage Rage 8 from what I'm hearing over here.

Dont know who they are getting to fight him though.

A lot of people are saying Murray vs Weir, but as somebody rightly pointed out, that would be bad for UK MMA, as it would mean that 1 out of the UK's top 2 international fighters would get a loss, and therefore less of a chance at another big UFC match.

We need Lee to smack up another brasilian. :D

well as much as i would love to see that fight it would not be good for either fighter Lee needs to fight on PPV and Silva well he just needs to fight where i can see it

Well your attempt to rubbish Lee by saying he was scared has already proved to be BS. Dana wanted Lee vs Baroni at UFC 50, when did Lee say no to that exactly?

Lee wanted a high profile fighter, he doesn't want to fight no-names anymore, sorry but unless you follow the small shows Riggs IS a no-name. He's beaten Pele and Rivera, Riggs is a step down from that. He wants the winner of Doerkson and Riggs, so thats not exactly ducking someone...

I don't like Baroni, but I will give him respect, he has dangerous hands, his KO over Menne was brillian, Suloev was schooling but his come back and GnP was again brilliant, he didn't even want a rest. And when asked why he's a fighter? "Cos I can't sing and dance and it beats f%$

Originally posted by H-TARGET
Well your attempt to rubbish Lee by saying he was scared has already proved to be BS. Dana wanted Lee vs Baroni at UFC 50, when did Lee say no to that exactly?

acutally Dana wanted Baroni/Murray for ufc 48 cause Tanner wanted more money to fight, but Lee didn't accept

Lee wanted a high profile fighter, he doesn't want to fight no-names anymore, sorry but unless you follow the small shows Riggs IS a no-name. He's beaten Pele and Rivera, Riggs is a step down from that. He wants the winner of Doerkson and Riggs, so thats not exactly ducking someone...

but he did accept a fight with Curtis STout who is no bigger then Riggs

I don't like Baroni, but I will give him respect, he has dangerous hands, his KO over Menne was brillian, Suloev was schooling but his come back and GnP was again brilliant, he didn't even want a rest. And when asked why he's a fighter? "Cos I can't sing and dance and it beats f%$

Originally posted by Takhti
Lee told Phil that he would fight him as long as they put their purses on the line and winner takes all, Phil was the one who was silent after that

and Phil doesnt want any of Lee

if Tanner can outstrike Phil what the fuck do you think Lee would do?

stop talking out of your ass when you dont know shit

btw that gif is old, like 2 years old! he aint done shit since!

First of all why should Baroni or any fighter put his purse on the line? No one would ever do that, so why bother using it as a "ducking" excuse? If Murray wants to fight Baroni then just fight him...why should either of them lose their money?

Secondly I do agree with you that Baroni has done nothing since the Menne fight. Hell its become really comical that the UFC still shows that clip on its broadcast when they talk about Baroni.

However all that said I would like to see a Baroni/Murray fight.

I never thought I'd ever stick up for Baroni but the unanimous decision that Lee would somehow wreck Baroni when in actuality only about 3 of you have seen him in more than one fight is a fucking joke. Baroni may be on somewhat of losing streak but he's been given NO breaks and fights much more high level opponents.

Originally posted by nyba037
3-4 = 80% losing record, go brush up on your math buddy

as if Lee Murray would do any better against Lindland

These guys are giving you a hard time about Phil, and I have never agreed with you about anything till now. Im not saying Phil can or will ever beat Lee, but Lee has done NOTHING to get the nuthugging going on in this forum. The biggest name he has ever fought is Joe Doerksen in which he got tapped out. Joe is good but he has never made it too either of the 2 big shows, being Pride or UFC.Lee may be good but lets watch and see if he can handle the likes of Tanner, Lindland, Horn, Silva, or even Baroni. Till then I wont be convinced hes a world beater. Get that Visa taken care of Lee cause I wanna see you fight.

whoopie NYBA, you're right. Give yourself a pat on the back . . .

Originally posted by chasmcult
whoopie NYBA, you're right. Give yourself a pat on the back . . .

go away, i don't like when you post in my threads

Originally posted by Greco-Roman-USA
These guys are giving you a hard time about Phil, and I have never agreed with you about anything till now. Im not saying Phil can or will ever beat Lee, but Lee has done NOTHING to get the nuthugging going on in this forum. The biggest name he has ever fought is Joe Doerksen in which he got tapped out. Joe is good but he has never made it too either of the 2 big shows, being Pride or UFC.Lee may be good but lets watch and see if he can handle the likes of Tanner, Lindland, Horn, Silva, or even Baroni. Till then I wont be convinced hes a world beater. Get that Visa taken care of Lee cause I wanna see you fight.

Joe Doerkson is not a bigger name than Pele or Rivera. Both fighters are better than Doerkson.

This Murray worship must stop! I am no Baroni fan but...

Murray looks like a tough guy but some of you are ridiculous. His big victory is Pele, who is about the same level as Menne, who Baroni destroyed in his big win.

Phil has been losing but fighting well and against only top fighters.

I would pick Tanner or Lindland over Murray anyday.

Originally posted by black-jack-shalack
Joe Doerkson is not a bigger name than Pele or Rivera. Both fighters are better than Doerkson.

Pele maybe except the fact that he has lost to Murray,Matsui,and Menne. IMO Rivera isnt as good as Doerkson. Doerkson has come into his own lately with 10 wins in a row, including and submission over Lee Murray.

Please don't try to compare the name recognition of Joe Doerkson with that of Pele...That's just wrong. I haven't seen Doerkson fight so maybe he could be at Pele's fighting level now, but nobody knows who he is. Pele is still one of the most recognizable names in mma.

People wouldn't talk shit about Baroni so much if guys like NYBA weren't continually trying to pimp him, and try to work him into every single thread.

This thread was allegedly about Silva V Murray falling through. A guy stating he was working as Anderson's agent for his European dates told us all here on Sherdog (I think in the very same thread the fight was announced here) that Anderson wasn't going to take the fight, and further, that he had chosen to fight in K-1 instead. What do you know.....we have verification of his credibility. He was just a white belt though, so wtf did he know :p

NYBA then takes the opportunity to slam Murray, when it is clear that it is NOT Murray's fault in the least that this isn't coming off. Then he's off to pimp Baroni. It's fucking sickening. Let Baroni's in-ring performance speak for itself already.

Baroni's fans desperately want their guy to be a winner. Baroni's fans desperately want to keep Baroni's name alive on the boards, and keep the fans interested in Baroni. Problem is, he isn't a winner, and fan's lose interest in a loser sooner or later.

It's simple.... all Baroni has to do is "just win baby". When he starts doing that, Dynomint, and NYBA will have plenty of company on his jock. Until then, he'll be treated as a joke...and a bad one at that.

Back