I was right, Murray/A.Silva won't happen!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by nyba037, Jul 21, 2004.

1. scorpian

scorpian Guest

i didnt think it would happen anyway

2. CheeseboyPaul

CheeseboyPaul Orange Belt

not sure where i heard this or it could be my mind just making things up but didnt Lee say somewhere that he was getting paid chump change for his fights and that he only wanted fair pay? His fight against jorge was for like 3,000 bucks. So its totally understandable, the part that im foggy on was whether this comment was addressed to baroni or tito.

3. GuidedByVoices

GuidedByVoices Orange Belt

Anderson better bulk up if wants to have any success at all in K-1. I like the guy a lot, but I'm not sure he has enough power to hang with the big boys. Good luck to him though..

4. Greco-Roman-USA

Greco-Roman-USA Orange Belt

Im not comparing the 2, but you do have to get outside the UFC and Pride events and watch some of these others guys fight. There are alot of ppl that know who he is, and these are the same ppl that are watching the other events out there. I hear what your saying about Pele being a bigger name, but there are fighters that havent had there chance infront of the main stream tv yet.

5. chasmcult

chasmcult Blue Belt

Excellent post. I believe other sherdoggers feel as you do, I know I do, but most never voice it so thoroughly. One reason is because excellent posts such as these either go unread by NYBA, or he simply refuses to hear the truth--the same way he refuses to believe that Phil isn't the fighter he thought Phil was.

BTW it sure would have been an interesting match--Lee and Anderson. then we could see whether or not Lee is just hype or not. Too bad.

6. IronLung

IronLung Brown Belt

Oh, stop hating.

The fight is off, regardless of who backed out. Murray will be back in the UFC, and we will see how great he is.

7. motherfukler

motherfukler Brown Belt

Id like to see Baroni KO Pele like Murray did.

8. Blizade

Blizade Purple Belt

Murray by vicous KO and putting the nail in the coffin on Baroni's ufc career (he doesnt deserve the contract)

9. pulpduff

pulpduff Red Belt

Thanks mang!
    Everybody has their favorite fighter/s but at some point you've got to realize their place in the mma hierarchy, and acknowledge that there are a lot of excellent guys kicking ass in this sport.

For example: I love watching Matt Serra fight, he's one of my personal faves, but I don't try to interject him into every thread, and I have no illusions as to his greatness. He's entertaining as hell, and a really good fighter, but he's simply not the best in his weightclass. Regardless, he is one of my favorites. Win or lose I'll be a fan of his, so I understand devotion to a particular fighter, I just don't get hanging off a guy's nuts so vociferously.

/end preach

I agree, it would have been a good fight. I like Anderson, and I wanted to see Lee tested. Everything I've actually seen of Lee has been impressive, but lot's of fighters look great until they meet someone that pushes them.

Maybe they'll do it another day :D

10. H-TARGET

H-TARGET Purple Belt

Whats your source on Lee turning down a fight with Baroni? OK I over did the team thing but it made my point, hardly anyone can stand this guy! And I forgot to mention his homo-erotic video...

Having a fast and hard right cross is damn good, but doesn't translate to "skills" in this game. He can't go over to boxing because again he needs more than a good right cross. And no he can't be compared to Sak who is one of the best grapplers/fighters ever to set foot in the ring, and his record is a statement to that. Silva is the MW champ and has gone through Sak, Hendo, Jackson etc to get there and stay there, and Cro-cop has destroyed some of the best fighters in the world.

11. FieldingMellish

FieldingMellish Purple Belt

Excellent post.

Seems like NYBA037 has finally realised he'll never get anywhere by continually trumpeting Baroni in his feud with Team Quest so now he switches his attention to ripping on Lee Murray.

Wonder what he'll say if that ever actually happens and Murray smashes Baroni to pieces?

12. Takhti

Takhti Brown Belt

the Daisy Duke jockrider is trying to make it look like Lee is afraid of Baroni when in fact Lee accepted as long as Phil put his purse on the line and winner takes all

Lee isnt a full time pro fighter, he has to take time off work so he needs to atleast break even when he comes to the states to fight, that has been said over a 100 times here

second i agree that Daisy Duke Jockrider only made this post to discredit Lee when its proven that Lee signed the contract, it was Anderson who didnt

second i understand that not many have seen Lee fight so its cool

but if you honestly think Phil is a good striker then you dont know shit about striking lol

he has good power and a chin but no cardio

13. I Run Dis Shet

I Run Dis Shet Purple Belt

Taken right out of the front page...

Hmm...

14. NHBfan4life

NHBfan4life Purple Belt

Guess NYBA was wrong....again!

15. boi727

boi727 Guest

Cyrill will beat Anderson even worse then Muuray could.

16. croman

croman White Belt

lol @ baroni beating murray....not gonna happen...lee would/will light him up!

17. PD2K

PD2K Guest

Well looks like Lee is stepping up and taking on the top dogs in A.Silva. This fight was probably signed before his K-1 contract goes into effect. I really don't know much of Lee besides his first UFC fight (and his Tito rumors), but this should be a great fight and shows Lee takes on all comers.

Hopefully he can get his visa straightened out and fight Baroni. Or perhaps Baroni can fight him in the UK.

18. PD2K

PD2K Guest

Dude I don't know much of Lee, but his biggest win was definitly Pele.

19. heckyl

heckyl Black Belt

damn, so what if he was wrong. there was a descent ammount of speculation going on. shit happens.

20. tadghostal

tadghostal White Belt

How can Anderson fight Abidi, Cyril is a 215 and silva is 185 lbs? He has to put on a lot of muscle!