I want to hear an unpopular food opinion about your own region/culture

I don't like lettuce, tomato, and/or onion on... anything. Sandwiches, burgers, not even in salads for the most part. My whole life, I would often order a #2 sub (ham, capicola, and provolone) and just go with the lettuce tomato onion oil vinegar oregano because it was considered weird not to have it on there. I'd scrape it off at home.

Seriously? That's pretty weird. On the other hand it is generally a huge portion and is brought to you in the pan so unless you share it it is simply too much for a dessert only.

BTW the best Kaiserschmarrn I know is in some Hütte sloapside at Kitzbühel. They put a fair amount of raisins and almond flakes in it and mostly: the cook it until it is crispy-ish on the outside. Nothing more disappointing than an undercooked Kaiserschmarrn.

Yeah it's pretty weird, and yeah it's mostly too much for dessert only.

I don't like Kaiserschmarrn that much, I only eat it if it's literally drenched in Applesauce or roasted plum. But yeah, I also like it crispy. Undercooked is horrible.

I’m Russian. In our cuisine we use a lot of condensed milk for desserts, sweet sauces and breakfast dishes like crepes.

View attachment 799116

It’s absolutely delicious if used wisely but people put a lot of it and make everything just so overly sweet for my liking. It also has a weird consistency. It’s good but I don’t understand the obsession with it.

Also eating Shawermas is something I don’t understand.

View attachment 799117

It is not Russian food but everyone eats it from time to time. It’s equivalent to hot dogs in America. But I just don’t like them, as a lot of them are made at shady places and there’s been quite a few instances where I found hair.

I'll gladly take burritos any day over this, even though they are essentially almost identical.
Добрый день, товарищ!
Add too much of any ingredient and you'll ruin your dish, its not only about condensed milk.
Also shawarmas suck ass, agreed, even if you buy it at a nice place, it has no hairs or ground kittens in it, it is vastly inferior to a nice burger. However, my wife lived in Syria for 2 years when her father served at the airbase there, and she says genuine Syrian shawarma is awesome, lots of meat and some delicious garlic sauce.

Scrumpy is filth, I might make an exception to my no cider rule if the temperature is over 30c and it’s a nice cold sparkling Normandy cider, but I’d drink my own wee before I drank scrumpy.

On an unrelated matter, your sig is awesome, can’t beat a bit of Faith No More.

Honestly I like the cider in France. Especially with a ham cheese and egg crêpe / pancake. It s not good in UK?

Добрый день, товарищ!
Add too much of any ingredient and you'll ruin your dish, its not only about condensed milk.
Also shawarmas suck ass, agreed, even if you buy it at a nice place, it has no hairs or ground kittens in it, it is vastly inferior to a nice burger. However, my wife lived in Syria for 2 years when her father served at the airbase there, and she says genuine Syrian shawarma is awesome, lots of meat and some delicious garlic sauce.
Я не знал, что ты русский

Oh shit I mistook you for another poster. Actually never heard of you.

Hawaiian here. I love Hawaiian food, all of it, except I just don’t care for poi. Which is like blasphemy, but my Samoan friends agree.

And sour poi I can’t do at all. It’s closer to yoghurt which is literally the one food I refuse to eat.

Honestly I like the cider in France. Especially with a ham cheese and egg crêpe / pancake. It s not good in UK?
Let’s just say that they’re not the same thing... Normandy cider is crisp, clean and refreshing, cider from round our way is flat, dank, tastes vaguely of apples and strongly of death...

Scallops, while tasty, feel utterly disgusting in your mouth. Ruins the experience.

American Food critique : Mustard and Olives (especially black) are disgusting.

Back