I want to hear an unpopular food opinion about your own region/culture

I dont fuck with fish except salmon though, can't have my house smelling any more Essex than it already does
lol

Abiding memory of Grandads was the smell of kippers in his council house on Monday(he ate them for Sunday breakfast) and the wallpaper looking brand new behind all hung pictures and mirrors.

They’d put a burning tyre around my neck and push me down a steep hill for saying this out loud in Gloucestershire but cider is for tramps and teenagers and should never be the drink of choice for a responsible adult.

Oh sod low fat. I'm going to have to try and find that here now, I love it.
I didn't notice the low fat, my wife has one of those every now and then, that and Irish soda bread I'm sent on missions to find

They’d put a burning tyre around my neck and push me down a steep hill for saying this out loud in Gloucestershire but cider is for tramps and teenagers and should never be the drink of choice for a responsible adult.
Scrumpy can suck it. I like cider but not the orange non fizzy scrumpy at all.

I used to think the same but I started drinking mulled cider a few winters ago, fucking awesome and quicker and cheaper than drinking mulled wine

Can't make it using this though
0d366788-2d0e-11e6-9dc6-455dca91e85a.jpg

I didn't notice the low fat, my wife has one of those every now and then, that and Irish soda bread I'm sent on missions to find
DO NOT tell her about how everyone when Covid hit and we were all stuck at home the process of nurturing soda dough forever like weeks before baking it.
Have a gander, it was a real coming together moment in a way when it all started a few months back.

lol

Abiding memory of Grandads was the smell of kippers in his council house on Monday(he ate them for Sunday breakfast) and the wallpaper looking brand new behind all hung pictures and mirrors.
Ha! I Remeber a fuck ton of ornaments and plates with princess Di on as well, painting of the Crying Boy freaking everyone out. And furry wallpaper

Scrumpy can suck it. I like cider but not the orange non fizzy scrumpy at all.
Scrumpy is filth, I might make an exception to my no cider rule if the temperature is over 30c and it’s a nice cold sparkling Normandy cider, but I’d drink my own wee before I drank scrumpy.

On an unrelated matter, your sig is awesome, can’t beat a bit of Faith No More.

DO NOT tell her about how everyone when Covid hit and we were all stuck at home the process of nurturing soda dough forever like weeks before baking it.
Have a gander, it was a real coming together moment in a way when it all started a few months back.
I know! Every 5 minutes someone would send a photo of bread proving in a bowl!

I was like fuck you guys, the entire world has to get aids to get you bastards in the kitchen! I've been ignoring people, staying away from family and cooking up a storm for years, all of a sudden its in fashion!
It's not fair!

I used to think the same but I started drinking mulled cider a few winters ago, fucking awesome and quicker and cheaper than drinking mulled wine

Can't make it using this though
0d366788-2d0e-11e6-9dc6-455dca91e85a.jpg
You put the word ‘mulled’ in front of pretty much anything and all bets are off, I’ll happily get stuck into some mulled cider, especially with a slug of cider brandy thrown in...

American from the south. BBQ is very overrated.

Cajun is the superior, southern American cuisine.

Du was m8?

Kaiserschmarrn is a main course, now? It s a dessert and it's god tier.

I always thought it was Bavarian....the more you know...

It's not a main Course, never intended to be. But is served as a main sometimes and I hate that. Same as the other examples.

It's not a main Course, never intended to be. But is served as a main sometimes and I hate that. Same as the other examples.

Seriously? That's pretty weird. On the other hand it is generally a huge portion and is brought to you in the pan so unless you share it it is simply too much for a dessert only.

BTW the best Kaiserschmarrn I know is in some Hütte sloapside at Kitzbühel. They put a fair amount of raisins and almond flakes in it and mostly: the cook it until it is crispy-ish on the outside. Nothing more disappointing than an undercooked Kaiserschmarrn.

Bacon is terrible.

While I am open to the idea that good Chinese cuisine exists, I've never been exposed to it.

Fancy hotdogs with a German name are still just hot dogs and not suitable for dinner. All the other white people round here are fat and dumb af.

I dont get the love of bacon on everything or cheese or bacon and cheese. Nor do I get the love of ruining pizza with tons of random toppings.

To those saying they dont like BBQ, I wonder if they have legit had good southern US slow roasted or smoked meats. Legit Barbecue with a smoker or cooked for hours the meat is of very high quality and taste (in my opinion) and doesnt need to be lathered with sauces though one could if they wished.

Bacon is terrible.

While I am open to the idea that good Chinese cuisine exists, I've never been exposed to it.
it's in china
pretty amazing stuff over there
once had this chicken breast fillets roasted over a bed of dry chilli peppers and I swear it's one of the best things I have ever eaten. it was in Xian too, a place where I have no desire to go to again but might simply for that dish.

I live in the American south.
Chicken and waffles is just.....chicken and waffles, two things that are wonderful on their own, but do not go together. at all.
I thought I must be missing something, tried it out at a nicer place were it was a specialty....and it was still two things that would have been better served separately, approximately 12 hours apart.

Back