I think that Gaethje-Ferg was an early stoppage.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don’t like standing TKO’s at all.. Especially when the opponent has never been dropped the entire fight. Actually iirc JG was the one who was dropped at a point in that fight, anyways I’m not arguing that Tony took a lot of damage but not enough to warrant a stoppage.

we all know how tough he is and deserved the chance to finish out the fight.

I agree the result of the fight wasn’t going to go any different. Justin was just putting a beating on him.

But I’m not a fan of standing stoppages either, I come from the days when the fight should be stopped when one guy goes out and can no longer fight. “On his way out” is a ridiculous reason to stop a fight.

Guess it’s just a bit old school, just bleed baby.

This gif says it all. Tony was done and his body was telling no even though his mind wants to push through. The head shake was all you need, it's like turning your back in boxing
SickPersonalDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Ferguson was on his feet but he was shaking his head because he couldn't see anything, he was beyond rocked.

I agree the result of the fight wasn’t going to go any different. Justin was just putting a beating on him.

But I’m not a fan of standing stoppages either, I come from the days when the fight should be stopped when one guy goes out and can no longer fight.

Guess it’s just a bit old school, just bleed baby.

That’s not old school at all. We have a badass fight between two of the toughest MF’s in the sport and it gets stopped standing? That’s bs.

This gif says it all. Tony was done and his body was telling no even though his mind wants to push through. The head shake was all you need, it's like turning your back in boxing
SickPersonalDormouse-size_restricted.gif

Jesus Gaethje is a special fighter man, his cardio and toughness is ridiculous

I don’t like standing TKO’s at all.. Especially when the opponent has never been dropped the entire fight. Actually iirc JG was the one who was dropped at a point in that fight, anyways I’m not arguing that Tony took a lot of damage but not enough to warrant a stoppage.

we all know how tough he is and deserved the chance to finish out the fight.
Wasteland this garbage.

Ferg looked like he was having a brain hemorage at the end. Just because someone is out or not doesn't mean if they are still able to defend themselves. there are some tough sob's in the ufc but someimes that can lead to some pretty greusome beatdowns like what cain did to jds...if they stopped those fights earlier would it have changed the outcome? Not at all. Someone has to be looking out for the fighters health and that needs to be the ref. Corners and fighters should not have that responsibility, they will not always choose whats best for the fighters health.

Back