I think people underestimate small fighters' body mass and power

And grappling isn’t? Lol

No I'm saying I preferred my Nogueira-Sapp example over Hoost-Sapp cause Sapp actually picked up the jiujitsu guy and dropped him on his head like the previous poster said. I said it would take that kind of size difference for a huge regular guy to just pickup a fighter.

No I'm saying I preferred my Nogueira-Sapp example over Hoost-Sapp cause Sapp actually picked up the jiujitsu guy and dropped him on his head like the previous poster said. I said it would take that kind of size difference for a huge regular guy to just pickup a fighter.

That's not true. Most regular sized men who do their bro lifts can dump mighty mouse on his head

Good luck controlling Mouse to get to that point. But it's stupid to turtle up or pull guard in a NHB anyway.

You don't think I'm capable of picking up a resisting mighty Mouse and dump him on his head?

Screenshot_20210728-174126.png

You don't think I'm capable of picking up a resisting mighty Mouse and dump him on his head?

View attachment 870556

yes. unless you are reasonably trained and have withstood a decent punch/kick/grappling session, than 1 good whack or leg kick will leave you begging for mercy (i exaggerate pf course, but the point remains), n unless you ambush him, odds are you wouldn't even touch him.

thornew-1555065931.jpg

Let's see a 160lb UFC fighter fight this guy on the street.
Minowaman has proven time and again that a skilled littler guy can wreck bigger stronger dudes.

That being said, a sumo trained turned mma trained HW just wrecked Minowaman. But (channeling Coming to America' here) Minowaman was 137 years old when they fought.

Dustin Poirier got seriously out grappled by Brian Shaw. Granted he started on the bottom and attempted to escape, but still. Gunnar Nelson was able to tap Hafthor Bjornsson twice in a very intense grappling session by the skin of his teeth. He was absolutely exhausted. And of course no strikes allowed.

I think these are two examples of just about the physical limit a trained grappler can handle a 400 lb man, twice the size of the biggest person you are likely to meet in an everyday setting. I think to handle Hafthor or Brian you'd need a skilled heavyweight grappler.

I only weighed about 160 lbs at the time, but I remember "Bad" Brad McDonald (Michael's brother) absolutely tooled me from my guard when I pulled it. I legit couldn't break his wrist control to even try to control his posture. He was a 145 lb fighter but no chance he actually cut weight at the time.

He punched me in the face and abdomen basically at will. I held on for dear life with my guard.

The next day, Martin "Tarzan" Sandoval (125 lbs) absolutely wrecked me in kickboxing. I think I landed a few jabs and a leg kick, but he literally could tee off on me almost at will. He is 5'3", I am 5'9". Then, Justin Smitley, who was teaching the class, used me for examples and was judo tossing me all over the room.

It was fun training with Last Stand fight team, lots of lighter weight guys, and they could all touch people up bad. And their records don't reflect that, lol

If you allowed Poirier or Nelson similar amount of juice Shaw or Bjornsson are running on daily, results may have been different, lol.

If you allowed Poirier or Nelson similar amount of juice Shaw or Bjornsson are running on daily, results may have been different, lol.

While they would be smaller and weaker off roids, I think lightweights give up too much length, honestly. Poirier couldn't even RNC Shaw.

I dont know what most people think but in my mind when this topic gets brought up it's always a FW or BW that I picture vs a Brock sized person that has never trained. I really dont think a regular sized man say 5'10 and 190lbs at 13% BF could think they'd take a professional fighter if they're untrained. A 5'5 135lb person highly trained vs a 6'4 255lb strong person untrained doesnt really stand a chance. Sure they could get a lucky shot but instinctively most people shoot in and wrestle when they dont know how to fight and at that size difference the smaller guy is fucked.

Actual size is physiology where bone structure dictates weight of frame. That shows a fighter's optimal weight class. The out of camp, out of shape weight isn't a good tell. The in-shape walk around gives a better indication of weight of frame.

155vers can pack a good punch, but need to know how to throw it. A 70 kg wrestler is hard to control for a non-wrestler, who will lose if untrained, unless he's very strong. To win it's some classic bulldog choke or just throat squeeze to blackout. But if we talk in competition the strong guy will gas, lose the handfighting and turn helpless.

But then you have the extreme examples like Conor vs Mountain. The Hulk will eventually grab a hold of Conor and end him Game of Thrones style, if he wants. Actually, Conor will gas as well sooner than other smaller guys. So it's the perfect match-up for manlet carnage.

I dont know what most people think but in my mind when this topic gets brought up it's always a FW or BW that I picture vs a Brock sized person that has never trained. I really dont think a regular sized man say 5'10 and 190lbs at 13% BF could think they'd take a professional fighter if they're untrained. A 5'5 135lb person highly trained vs a 6'4 255lb strong person untrained doesnt really stand a chance. Sure they could get a lucky shot but instinctively most people shoot in and wrestle when they dont know how to fight and at that size difference the smaller guy is fucked.

Errr I don't think a "regular sized man" is 190 lbs at 13% bodyfat. I also don't know any fighters who walk around at 135 lb. Why is the untrained person is always assumed to be walkaround in these hypotheticals while we think about the small fighter in dehydrated weigh in weight?

Back