I think every champion deserves one layup defense and Belal is an easy fight for Leon...

Leon became champion and was immediately put back into the fire against Usman and Colby. Not fair, IMO. Looking back, of course, Colby wasn’t a difficult fight, but many people thought the real Colby could beat Leon. Colby fought scared and no one knew that'd happen.

I think Leon DESERVES a layup defense against Belal. Shavkat would be completely unfair to Leon. Shavkat should be after Belal.

Agree?
No Champion deserves a “gimme” fight. Being a champ means you defend against the rightful contender.
But this is the UFC so whoever sells more PPV’s will always get the shot.

Leon became champion and was immediately put back into the fire against Usman and Colby. Not fair, IMO. Looking back, of course, Colby wasn’t a difficult fight, but many people thought the real Colby could beat Leon. Colby fought scared and no one knew that'd happen.

I think Leon DESERVES a layup defense against Belal. Shavkat would be completely unfair to Leon. Shavkat should be after Belal.

Agree?
What you're saying is true I believe, Leon would win. You could see in their last fight who was the better fighter for as long as it lasted. Still, I don't want to see that shit, it's gonna be so boring.

If I’m Leon I’m yelling Belal’s name from the rooftops. He’s the title contender Leon has the best chance to beat. Would rather fight Shavkat or belal next?

I know my answer is Belal. That way if you’re Leon you have a better shot of winning and getting another fight with PPV points. If the goal of fighting professionally is making money(which it is since it’s their job) then belal is the easy answer here

Agree?
Sure but let’s not have the layup title defense on a historic card

Asking Leon to take the Belal fight is asking him to take a paycut.

Colby was already the layup

Hell no, you may think a champ deserves a lay up but I definitely don't, it's supposed to be a sport where achievements are based on merit. Belal deserves the shot anyway, IDGAF if he's boring it's a sport and he's earned his shot. Couldn't give the slightest fuck if he's a draw or not, I don't make a penny either way.

Back