I talked to a guy today that trained at MFS back in the day

dfff58910f1a1900cf30b0470089493a.gif
Love her.

Today I asked my boss if I could come in late on the 27th so I can watch the silva fight. After I mentioned Silva he started talking about the old Miletich gym. He said he used to train there & that it was small & not fancy at all. It was connected to an old barber shop. He talked about how Pulver used to drive a good ways to train there & what a nice guy he was. Then I asked if he ever met Hughes & with no hesitation he said "Matt was an ass"
He said Matt was one of those guys that thought his shit didn't stink. He also said that he missed the days where it was more of a fight than a sport & that he always found Royce Gracie to be boring. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Anyone got any similar stories?
I think the thing that we all want to know, and that you left out, is if your boss actually let you come in late.

There was a lot of reviews like that one about his book. Referencing passages about him mis-treating his wife, and others and basically enjoying doing it. Just being a general piece of shit. But tbh most of us knew that before the book. The book just solidified those views. Great athlete/fighter. Terrible human being.
And that's why it was such joy seeing GSP humiliate him twice.

I cam forgive Hughes for everything except being mean to this guy

8352-tim_sylvia_pose_feature.jpg

I don't know the guy, but from what I knew / know of him, I never liked him. I thoroughly enjoyed watching GSP kick him in the head. Hard to believe that was almost a decade ago.

I think Matt Hughes might literally be a sociopath.

Last edited:
Didn't Militich sleep with Matt's wife, and that's why they had a falling out?

Matt Hughes is like the Chevy Chase of MMA. You never hear good things

I don't know the guy, but from what I knew / know of him, I never liked him. I thoroughly enjoyed watching GSP kick him in the head. Hard to believe that was almost a decade ago.

I think Matt Hughes might literally be a sociopath.
More like a narcissist from what I gather.

I was at UFC 136 for both the Fan Expo and the fights cage side. The night before the Expo started, I showed up to the hotel the fighters were staying at, which was the Hilton in downtown Houston. The first person I ran into was Tyrone Spong. I thought he was Mike Kyle at first until he turned around. Spoke to him for a brief moment and went to the bar to grab a beer. That's when Jens Pulver came right beside me to order a drink. I was like WTF!!!!!

I got my beer and he was like, "Hell dude, come on over and sit with us. "Us" being Brandon Vera, Jeremy Stephens, Clay Guida and of course Jens Pulver. Me and Jens talked for a good hour about the old days of MMA. Then once they got their rooms, they all headed out. I was fucking stoked! Then two days of the Expo, Joe Rogan's comedy show at the Verizon Wireless theater, the weighins and then the fights cage side. I spent about $3,000 on two tickets for me and my girl, drinks, food, memorabilia and other fun stuff.

Sounds like the three grand was worth some awesome memories. Nice.

I rooted for Trigg to beat Matt, and Trigg comes off as a bad guy in their fights, but I think Trigg was gotten to.
Trigg now is genuine and is a nice dude.
But who knows.....

Back