Opinion I stand with Hong kong

Another example of China using private Chinese companies, bu tyeah we're supposed to trust their 'private' companies.

Tiem for the west to stand up to China: no Huawei in our 5G or thie rphones sold in West, stop them from buying farms, and so on.

Will woke Steve Kerr, Leburn James and Greg Popovich come to the defense of Mr. Morey or do they only cry about how Trump is destroying democracy or something. The NBA pretends to be "woke", they even moved the all star game out of Charlotte because N.C wouldnt put up with that tranny bathroom bs.

My hope lies with Kyrie

Wow I hope NBA steps up and sues msn for this gross article. It mentions Houston “owner” a term that is tied to slavery and NBA worked hard to get rid of that.

The Hong Kong protests are just a larger scale version of Occupy Wall Street. Wealthy millennials be paid to protest by all the wealthy money laundering criminals that want keep Hong Kong immune from mainland scrutiny and taxes.

China probably accounts for a very very large portion of NBA revenue. No amount of personal feelings about China as a nation is going to force the NBA to denounce what may be their biggest market. There are more self-professed NBA fans in China than there are people in America.

There's some rightwing talking point going around that liberals love communism and hate Hong Kong right now (cuz all libs are commies, and China is def communal and not an authoritarian chrony system *yawn*).

But as I said, all fair-minded Americans on either side of the aisle will support what Hong Kong citizens are doing, despite massive coordinated attempts by China to undermine the protesters righteous position.

You need only evaluate dissidence in China and Hong Kong to know how full of shit the right is, as always, on the issue. Basically all dissent in China is from the left, while the Chinese right is perpetual nationalist bootlicking mode. The same goes for pro-CPC folks in Hong Kong: they are generally right wingers who value Chinese cultural homogeneity and get boners off of the CPC's power (not left-wingers who actually buy the CPC as a force for equality and liberty lol), while the left is fighting for independence.

This is also reflected in American media, as you will find countless / articles / from / left-wing / publications / supporting / Hong Kong, while right-wing media has used the issue as little more than a vehicle for the kind of dishonest and bad faith arguments you describe.

EDIT:
For the brainiacs who don't realize pro-Beijing-ers in Hong Kong are right-wingers and conservatives, here's a list of the largest political parties in Hong Kong by size:

DAB - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
BPA - Conservative - Pro-Beijing

Democratic Party - Liberal - Pro-democracy
FTU - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
Civic Party - Liberal - Pro-democracy
Liberal Party - Conservative - Pro-Beijing
NTAS - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
NPP - Conservative - Pro-Beijing

PC - Liberal - Pro-democracy
HK First - Liberal - Pro-democracy
Neo Democrats - Liberal - Pro-democracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Hong_Kong

Last edited:
We must not yield on shit like this.

Too bad we have a whole segment of society that is ok with prostrating to China bc trump is actually playing hardball on trade.
I have never seen anybody think this is OK besides businesses because they will gladly sell their morals for access to China.

The NBA has stood up for LGBTs, but they won't stand up for democracy?
Big business is willing to stand up for non-controversial issues.

I think gay people should not be discriminated. Women should be safe from rape!

Wow what a moral high ground. But will they stand up for people who are imprisoned and executed for requesting basic human rights? Well shit, I feel sorry for them but I’m trying to get into the China market.

Good chance I'm the biggest ball fan here, and ive been Silvers biggest supporter. Taking an all star game from Charlotte (huge revenue for a small market ) because they thought penis people should use men's bathrooms, yet not supporting Enes and now Morey speak against dictatorships ? May as well give Donald Sterling his team back.

League needs to stop pretending to be socially responsible and admit money means more than literally everything else.

The Rockets owner Fertitta outed himself as a dictator sympathizer. The lines are being drawn in the ensuing glabal war on authoritarianism and wealth inequality.

It's time boys.

Let's eat the rich.

wait what? I thought the NBA was on the woke front lines. They love LGBTQ+ and have Spanish heritage months, the jerseys are written in Spanish. So they for people rights or the $$$$ lol

James Harden apologizes as controversy grows: 'We love China'
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27787634/james-harden-apologizes-controversy-grows-love-china
They're for the almighty dollar. That's what they worship.

I've never gotten even close to liking a post of yours btw but I'm in full agreement with you here

You need only evaluate dissidence in China and Hong Kong to know how full of shit the right is, as always, on the issue. Basically all dissent in China is from the left, while the Chinese right is perpetual nationalist bootlicking mode. The same goes for pro-CPC folks in Hong Kong: they are generally right wingers who value Chinese cultural homogeneity and get boners off of the CPC's power (not left-wingers who actually buy the CPC as a force for equality and liberty lol), while the left is fighting for independence.

This is also reflected in American media, as you will find countless / articles / from / left-wing / publications / supporting / Hong Kong, while right-wing media has used the issue as little more than a vehicle for the kind of dishonest and bad faith arguments you describe.

You're an idiot, go to Hong Kong and try to spew this retard shit. People of Hong Kong, regardless of political affiliation don't like Chinese government being overbearing and they do not consider themselves Chinese.

Just letting everyone know that the Toronto Raptors are the 2019 NBA champions.

Thats all

There's some rightwing talking point going around that liberals love communism and hate Hong Kong right now (cuz all libs are commies, and China is def communal and not an authoritarian chrony system *yawn*).

Who does this on Sherdog?

I've always had the feeling that Saudi Arabia and China are getting liberals and right to dig down the battle ax for a brief moment. When it comes to Hong Kong´s "netizens", I understand them completely. An independent judiciary, an independent civil service and free press and freedom of speech. Freedom Hong Kong has enjoyed but has recently been shrinking.

To get a taste of what freedom means and someone trying to remove it should make all reasonable people stand together whether you are liberal or right.

Last edited:
It looks like the NBA is rightly getting a ton of political blowback from both sides of the aisle.

Ted Cruz, Rick Scott, Castro, Beto, Yang etc... have all blasted the NBA for this.

I wonder if we'll hear Pop and/or Kerr speak up on the issue.

I imagine Michael Jordan will let us all know that the Chinese also buy sneakers.
"Communists buy sneakers too" - Herr Jordan

You're an idiot, go to Hong Kong and try to spew this retard shit. People of Hong Kong, regardless of political affiliation don't like Chinese government being overbearing and they do not consider themselves Chinese.

<Huh2>

Color me shocked that you don't know what you're talking about. Yes, CPC sympathizers are on the right.
43 of Hong Kong's 70 legislative seats are pro-Beijing and all are conservative and/or Chinese nationalist.

Instead of calling your betters stupid and embarrassing yourself, you could just research the issue and find out that most of the pro-Beijing are right-wing parties, and they aren't particularly rare, but that would be too too difficult for you, wouldn't it?

DAB - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
BPA - Conservative - Pro-Beijing

Democratic Party - Liberal - Pro-democracy
FTU - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
Civic Party - Liberal - Pro-democracy
Liberal Party - Conservative - Pro-Beijing
NTAS - Conservative/Chinese nationalism - Pro-Beijing
NPP - Conservative - Pro-Beijing

PC - Liberal - Pro-democracy
HK First - Liberal - Pro-democracy
Neo Democrats - Liberal - Pro-democracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_Hong_Kong

Your stupidity is, as always, just legendary.

Hong Kong riots are despicable, just like the London ones several years back. Trashing your own city and attacking people because they are speaking mandarin (the official language of China) is just one of the examples how stupid these “protesters” are.

Back