"I should be a two weight world champion"

DC would beat the holy hell out of Werdum and Stipe

DJ could beat Cruz in a rematch

DC has been a 2 weight Champion already.

Would still probably give him the best shot to hold the LHW and HW belt out of any of the current Champions.

I love DC but him winning the strikeforce GP didnt make him a HW champ,although you could say he might as well have been,it still doesnt count! :D

As many of you know Conor claimed the other day that if he fought RDA he would have KO'd him and become a two weight UFC champ.

Which of the current UFC champions do you think would have the best chance of becoming a two weight champion?

I'll start it off and say I think Cormier would definitely have a chance of taking that heavyweight belt if he ever went up and challenged, however, I do not see that ever happening. I could see Conor catching Eddie if he were to challenge for that belt under his reign, but if Khabib was holding the belt at the time Conor would be out of luck.

Why Khabib?

MM can beat the shit out of the boring Cruz

Why Khabib?

There is a chance his next fight is vs Eddie with the RDA vs Ferg bout announced.

Its more hope than anything else. No rumors, no statements, nothing.

He more than likely fighting Barboza considering Alvarez not only wanted a break but wanted Conor vs Nate winner next anyways and both Conor and Nate want a LW title shot.

But if by some chance Khabib does fight Eddie, alot of people who ive seen atleast are picking Khabib.

So you're saying Conor could be dual champ if he gets a stylistically favorable match.

If it needs to be gift wrapped for him then its not very impressive.

You new to the fight game or something? Most Champs that move up do so because they see a favorable match up. Why do you think RJJ waited for Ruiz?

DC has been a 2 weight Champion already.

Would still probably give him the best shot to hold the LHW and HW belt out of any of the current Champions.
As much as I just don't like DC.... If Cain won't fight him he's easily the best HW on the roster, guys like JDS and Overeem would get murked by his wrestling.

I love DC but him winning the strikeforce GP didnt make him a HW champ,although you could say he might as well have been,it still doesnt count! :D

It does count.

He won a HW GP Championship, which is a HW Championship.

People in this thread just keep saying GP Championship, when the specific is it was a HW GP Championship.

Also, Reem was cut by SF after the Werdum II fight, so the only HW Champion they had was DC.

It does count.

He won a HW GP Championship, which is a HW Championship.

It just means he won a tourney. Its not like you can defend a GP belt. This is just trying to make people more than what they are. He won a tourney,that should be sufficient enough to say,but it is not the same as being a world champion. This distinction should be carefully made.

Im a huge DC fan and he could have easily won the belt,but he didnt.

Don't like the guy, but I think Cruz moves well enough to eke out decisions at 145.

Cormier, as has been mentioned, could definitely win the HW belt. Though he's been in a couple of tough fights now and he's no spring chicken, so maybe he wouldn't be able to handle HW power anymore.

DJ at 135.

It just means he won a tourney. Its not like you can defend a GP belt. This is just trying to make people more than what they are. He won a tourney,that should be sufficient enough to say,but it is not the same as being a world champion. This distinction should be carefully made.

Im a huge DC fan and he could have easily won the belt,but he didnt.

World Champion is a fairly trivial label that every org calls their Champion.

The title we're asking is a HW Championship, which he did win.

Not sure where world Champion came from.

World Champion is a fairly trivial label that every org calls their Champion.

The title we're asking is a HW Championship, which he did win.

Not sure where world Champion came from.
You have your fantasy semantics definition of what a champ is and i have mine.

Definately in the lower divisions. It is aprox 5kg between these.
Lot of fighters switching between weight there...should say it all.

Reality is that you calling me retarded for my point of view & then following with your point of view is very uncivilized. If we're having a discussion here then lets do that. If we're just calling each other names then I'm not interested.

Too many people use the word "retarded" to insult people on Sherdog. Legit retarded people can't help the way they are & they're doing the best they can just like you & I are. Have some respect for those who are less fortunate than you or I.

To be honest though... I don't know who is more or less fortunate. Most of the retarded people I've met seem to be happier & enjoying life more than a miserable f*ck like yourself who has to insult me just for stating an opinion.

Awe... & we left our last discussion together in such a nice way. Oh well, here we go again.

View attachment 128287
lol what a retard. Fucking hate retards like this .....................

..............retard

Back