I rewatched Nate Diaz vs Benson

This is hilarious for the fact that it's essentially exactly what the TS said. Diaz fans are unbelievable. Right up there with the Penn and Shogun crowd. Thank god Fedor retired too.

At the height of Fedor fandom I saw a thread called "Fedor vs Grizzly who wins?"

To which one poster replied is the bear trained in MMA, while some actually said Fedor especially if he got it's back. The bear could kill him by simply falling on him ffs. I was flamed for calling out these people as clowns lol.
You got trolled.

So you are really arguing that it would have been better for Diaz's reputation or image if he quit due to the eye injury? I am not sure if that lessens the scale of the domination that is perceived but it is an argument.
I would argue that the injury did not give Bendo an "unfair" advantage, just an advantage. Remember, both men entered the cage in approximately the same condition with respect to injuries that would impair their ability to fight.

Part of the fight is "unfair" in regards to one fighter obviously being injured from something during it. Refs call the match if a fighter gets hit too many times in a row on the ground. Diaz fought on and got dominated, it was his decision to fight injured. I'm not saying Benson shouldn't have got the win due to his eye punch, not at all, he should have.

I'm saying Diaz is stupid for fighting on with an injury, getting dominated and ruining his reputation. IF he quit at the end of round 1 he may have been able to get a rematch. Whereas now everyone with average IQ doesn't even factor in the circumstance of the fight and think a repeat will happen. Personally I'd like to see them rematch as eye injuries as Diaz had are relatively rare things to happen in UFC fights.

Again it's one thing to think Benson gets the win due to the eye punch. It's another to trash Nate Diaz reputation and ability due to injury.

This is sad. From now on if a fighter gets rocked by a punch to the face and ends up getting ktfo cuz of that, it shouldnt even matter. That fighter wouldnt have got ktfo if he didnt get rocked initially. Very smart logic there ts u dumbass

So you are really arguing that it would have been better for Diaz's reputation or image if he quit due to the eye injury? I am not sure if that lessens the scale of the domination that is perceived but it is an argument.
I would argue that the injury did not give Bendo an "unfair" advantage, just an advantage. Remember, both men entered the cage in approximately the same condition with respect to injuries that would impair their ability to fight.

Considering most fighters quit immediately when a limb or core injury happens I find it surprising some continue on. GSP vs Shields I can understand as he was already dominating at the time it happened and he eeked out a decision victory. But it was clearly bothering him, I almost felt like GSP was going to call it quits hearing him in the corner.

Diaz on the other hand was already a round down and had impaired vision. If we give him the benefit of the doubt that he thinks it would clear soon, then he should have called it quits by the end of round 2 or round 3.

It's an unfair advantage to Benson to fight someone who cannot see properly and we saw that Diaz got dominated due to this unfair advantage. It's not surprising to me that a fighter who cannot see properly would get dominated, apparently it is to most people.

If the ref or doctor knew the extent of Diaz's injury do you think they wouldn't have stopped the fight? They would have.

This is sad. From now on if a fighter gets rocked by a punch to the face and ends up getting ktfo cuz of that, it shouldnt even matter. That fighter wouldnt have got ktfo if he didnt get rocked initially. Very smart logic there ts u dumbass

No one is saying the eye punch shouldn't matter you clown. What matters is the perception of the fight going from Nate quitting due to injury vs Nate fighting with injury and getting dominated.

If he quit due to injury like he should have then he wouldn't have got dominated by Bendo and could have requested a rematch. Now he has pretty much blown his chances because clowns like you can't think more than BOOM BOOM GOOD.

No one is saying the eye punch shouldn't matter you clown. What matters is the perception of the fight going from Nate quitting due to injury vs Nate fighting with injury and getting dominated.

If he quit due to injury like he should have then he wouldn't have got dominated by Bendo and could have requested a rematch. Now he has pretty much blown his chances because clowns like you can't think more than BOOM BOOM GOOD.

Ur definately fuckin weird. bye now no need to waste my time

Now my memory of this fight is Nate getting completely dominated and he did for 4 rounds.

However in the first round in the clinch Nate wasn't dominated. There was very little ground action and what little there was saw Nate get up almost immediately, Benson couldn't hold him down in round 1.

*THEN* Nate Diaz gets punched in the eye end of round 1 and the fight completely changes.

I attribute the domination Benson put on Nate down to 2 possible reasons. The eye punch made him unable to fight properly, most likely. Second is he gassed from all the wrestling, considering he is known for his cardio it seems unlikely. People should rewatch that first round and see how competitive Nate was. I still think Benson won the first round but only barely. If Nate had no eye injury he may have ended up doing what a lot of people thought, subbing in the 4th or 5th round after tiring benson.

I you think not being able to see affects sub attempts you've never done BJJ or grappling.

Nate got his booty kicked dude. First round everyone is fresh but when some guy is beating you physically it doesnt matter how many triathalons you do. Triathalons dont include knees, kicks, punches, elbows and slams.

I you think not being able to see affects sub attempts you've never done BJJ or grappling.

Nate got his booty kicked dude. First round everyone is fresh but when some guy is beating you physically it doesnt matter how many triathalons you do. Triathalons dont include knees, kicks, punches, elbows and slams.

No one is denying Nate got his booty kicked rounds 2 through 5. The delusion here is that the fight from the end of Round 1 on was the "Full Nate Diaz" when he was actually injured.

People aren't considering the injury as to why he got his ass kicked and all I'm saying is if he quit at the end of round 1 due to injury no one here would be saying things like "He got his ass kicked". Watch round 1.

Quitting due to injury sure did wonders for Jamie Varner with respect to the fans.

Quitting due to injury sure did wonders for Jamie Varner with respect to the fans.

If GSP or Diaz quit due to eye injury they would have got a rematch in my opinion. Some fans will call them soft. As we've seen though, if they fight through it people will still criticize them. Nate got "His ass kicked by tough ass bendo" and "GSP stalled and jabbed the air to victory" against Shields.

You can't win with the "fans".

I haven't seen a lot of people arguing that the eye didn't affect Diaz's performance. I think if he goes out and wins some fights in dominant performances he will be back in the title picture, next time bet all your money on Nate, I am sure you will get some good odds. Maybe Bendo won't hit him in the face next time in order to prevent an unfair injury from occurring.

Sorry but your wording in a few posts keeps bringing me back to the unfair fight claim.

Fans will criticize either way. Trying to "correct" their viewpoints on Sherdog is kind of an uphill battle as we both know already.

I haven't seen a lot of people arguing that the eye didn't affect Diaz's performance. I think if he goes out and wins some fights in dominant performances he will be back in the title picture, next time bet all your money on Nate, I am sure you will get some good odds. Maybe Bendo won't hit him in the face next time in order to prevent an unfair injury from occurring.

Sorry but your wording in a few posts keeps bringing me back to the unfair fight claim.

Most people skip the post fight press conference and the eye being injured was never mentioned during the fight. So I actually think there is a lot of ignorance on the subject.

U r the biggest nuthugger ive seen. the injury happened cuz of a fuckin punch to the fuckin face he got lucky it wasnt connected to his jaw he would have got ktfo. now just go back to ur That209 account its so obvious

What? you're delusional. I don't even know who this guy is. Seriously, all you do on here is go and look for arguments. I've never once seen you post something logical at all, all I've seen you do is argue with people. At least I post with some decency instead of acting like a fucking fool all the time like you.

Gamburyan was winning until he busted his shoulder up by messing up a TD I believe.

Dislocated shoulder, and I think it was a common thing for him, if I recall correctly from a post fight interview.

If only Gamburyan's shoulder would have stayed in place we would have one less Diaz brother in the UFC.

Since Bendo hurt him with a legal blow, it should be to his credit.

It was a mental block, fear of getting hurt because his vision wasn't fully there. Benson would've won regardless, but I believe it would've stayed competitive.

The Diaz would have been dominated the rest of the fight even if it were Ben who had an eye injury

Back