I rewatched Nate Diaz vs Benson

Yep after round 1 he clearly got his ass whooped. Round 1 though is pretty even, with Nate showing he won't be held down and being able to spin Benson in the clinch which is quite impressive. Without the eye injury perhaps we could have seen this all night instead of him being held down by Benson unwilling to stand because he can't see properly.

oh geez

You mean you would have preferred if Nate won and you are blaming the eye injury.

If by normal performance you mean his prior three fights where guys basically ran into his fists or do you mean the rest of his fights?

Maybe he should work on some better defense if he doesn't want to get punched in the eye.

Haha! This thread is delivering.

You know your opinion might be bias towards Diaz and skewed from what actually occurred, right, TS?

Get on your knees and tell Fury that you love him, TS.

Many gave the first round to Faber on his fight against Aldo. In a 5 round fight, the 1st is usually slow, used to get a feeling of the opponent.

Bendo is scared to stand and bang cos hes the little homie

It's sherdog clowns like you that ruin MMA. Benson barely won the first round yet we have clowns like you that hate on fighters going around saying it's 10-7.

you got all that out of oh geez... you must be some sort of mind reading wizard

If by normal performance you mean his prior three fights where guys basically ran into his fists or do you mean the rest of his fights?

Not really, Nate just outclassed Gomi, Cerrone and Miller is all. Gomi isn't a great fighter anymore imo, but Cerrone and Miller are beasts and Nate tooled them both and made it look easy. Nate is truly improving, but Benson is the best in the division right now, although I still think Frankie beat him in the 2nd fight.

Agreed he put on a domination after round 1. I would have preferred watching two fighters go at it without such an eye injury taking place but alas it did. Nate had the same thing happen to him in reverse on the Ultimate Fighter when the guy did his shoulder during a fight.

well you know what,when someone throws a punch that changes the fight it means that guy is good.he meant to land that punch and cause damage and did it,what don't you get?

Did you know that if Silva would have not won so many opponents he wouldn't be the champ?

Did you know that if Dragon would've not passed out against JBJ he would've had a chance?

Bendo is scared to stand and bang cos hes the little homie

Bendo dropped Nate twice. Most significant strikes of the fight. Bendo had such an easy time with Nate standing that he hit him with fucking thigh punches.

I hate Benson and am a fan of Nate. But it was a landslide and I don't think a eye poke effected Nate for 20+ mins.

It's possible the eye played a part but Henderson won plain and simple. I have a feeling they'll fight again and we'll find out. Give Nate 2 more fights and I bet he's fighting for the belt again.

nate got his ass handed to him. happens to everyone.

Nate hade a off night 3 even thought benson is a mad matchup for him. Do anyone have a gif on when benson elbowed him right in the eye on the ground

I lost all respect for bendo in that fight, and i'm not even a fan of nate. when he holds your legs and punches you in the calf...yeah thats the shit i don't like. i understand attacking the legs, but those were the weakest punches. doubt any strat was involved in that. just benson being a gsp like champion. affraid to go for the finish, and kill time while trying to look dominate with soft tactics.

Not really, Nate just outclassed Gomi, Cerrone and Miller is all. Gomi isn't a great fighter anymore imo, but Cerrone and Miller are beasts and Nate tooled them both and made it look easy. Nate is truly improving, but Benson is the best in the division right now, although I still think Frankie beat him in the 2nd fight.

I think he meant that they didn't actively plan around slugging with Nate and allowed him to work his game whereas Benson did the exact opposite of that. I will never understand why Cerrone was avoiding the ground like lava when he was knocking Nate the fuck down with leg kicks. I seriously think Greg Jackson had him do it so he could learn from it and use it to beat the Diaz brothers later on.

Without the punch to the eye, it would've been a close fight, judging from the first 4 minutes of the fight before the punch. But the punch was legal so it's like saying Belfort could've beaten the Spider if he hadn't been front kicked - it's a silly thing to say.

Back